+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI 'warned MI5 in January that the Manchester bomber was planning terror attack in UK'

FBI 'warned MI5 in January that the Manchester bomber was planning terror attack in UK'

Re: FBI 'warned MI5 in January that the Manchester bomber was planning terror attack in UK'

Also local Muslims reported him to a terrorist hotline like 5 times.

Re: FBI 'warned MI5 in January that the Manchester bomber was planning terror attack in UK'

F**k sake Teresa May had an 'Open Door' policy so they could come and go as they please, talk about a blow back! Still you need to keep an eye on that other fellow who spoke to IRA 30 years ago.

Not looking to make excuses if there was a cock up but jeez, the numbers of potential martyrs and jihadists is frightening. And that is just those under British surveillance.

I don't relish the thought of either May or Corbyn leading us in a world where we need a new combination of investment in the security services, a "get tough early" approach when appropriate and a different strategy for avoiding young muslims getting brainwashed.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    F**k sake Teresa May had an 'Open Door' policy so they could come and go as they please, talk about a blow back! Still you need to keep an eye on that other fellow who spoke to IRA 30 years ago.
    She's escaping a fair bit of flak considering she was the Home Secretary for six years, including at the time of this alleged FBI warning.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Not looking to make excuses if there was a cock up but jeez, the numbers of potential martyrs and jihadists is frightening. And that is just those under British surveillance.

I don't relish the thought of either May or Corbyn leading us in a world where we need a new combination of investment in the security services, a "get tough early" approach when appropriate and a different strategy for avoiding young muslims getting brainwashed.

This is a worldwide problem so it is not something that May or Corbyn can solve on their own, although I do wish that they could find some common ground between them. This is not just about western countries, but others like like Saudi Arabia who need to be right at the heart of any co-ordinated approach.

Amber Rudd mentioned yesterday that there are over 20,000 potential jihadists in the UK which is scary & it is ridiculous to think that the security services can keep tabs on all of them. Unless we can get to the root of the problem right across the world it will keep on getting worse & worse. An issue for me is that parts of Islam is open to interpretation so those wishing to brainwash young Muslim's have the ammunition to do so. In addition they can use the unacceptable actions of some of our press & far right organisations to further fuel hatred against our way of life.

I don't know what the answer is but I have a feeling that any solution may need to involve a dilution of all of our civil liberties which some will undoubtedly find unpalatable.

There will be many elements to this issue which will have to be addressed, and tearing into Corbyn for Boris's words will not help the situation. Part of it will be who we sell weapons to, part of it will be what we do after intervening in other countries (including a much greater focus on education), part of it will be a different types of intervention, part of it will be much more funding towards home security.....

It's going to take a careful and considered approach to respond to such a complex scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    This is a worldwide problem so it is not something that May or Corbyn can solve on their own, although I do wish that they could find some common ground between them. This is not just about western countries, but others like like Saudi Arabia who need to be right at the heart of any co-ordinated approach.

Amber Rudd mentioned yesterday that there are over 20,000 potential jihadists in the UK which is scary & it is ridiculous to think that the security services can keep tabs on all of them. Unless we can get to the root of the problem right across the world it will keep on getting worse & worse. An issue for me is that parts of Islam is open to interpretation so those wishing to brainwash young Muslim's have the ammunition to do so. In addition they can use the unacceptable actions of some of our press & far right organisations to further fuel hatred against our way of life.

I don't know what the answer is but I have a feeling that any solution may need to involve a dilution of all of our civil liberties which some will undoubtedly find unpalatable.
    How many of those 20,000 received a warning from the FBI during the past 4 months stating a terror plot was in progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    How many of those 20,000 received a warning from the FBI during the past 4 months stating a terror plot was in progress?
    a very very small % i bet, even just a handful of people

It doesnt matter though, many think his " human rights " far outweigh the risks

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    a very very small % i bet, even just a handful of people

It doesnt matter though, many think his " human rights " far outweigh the risks
    Some of the people leaving comments on those articles seem to be thinking the exact opposite.

Blog Entries

Some of the people leaving comments on those articles seem to be thinking the exact opposite.
    The biggest slippery slope EVER, blue matt will have us put in fema camps next, in the interests of public safety obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    The biggest slippery slope EVER, blue matt will have us put in fema camps next, in the interests of public safety obviously.
    having only came across the term " Fema camps " in a FPS game on the PS3, i think it might have been Homefront ? ? ( where it was a government org set up to help people displaced by a invasion in the US ), i thought i would google it

1st return on google :

20 May 2017 - FEMA concentration camps (also FEMA death camps and just FEMA camps) exist in the mind of a particularly loopy bunch of conspiracy ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    having only came across the term " Fema camps " in a FPS game on the PS3, i think it might have been Homefront ? ? ( where it was a government org set up to help people displaced by a invasion in the US ), i thought i would google it

1st return on google :

20 May 2017 - FEMA concentration camps (also FEMA death camps and just FEMA camps) exist in the mind of a particularly loopy bunch of conspiracy ...
    The fema bit was a joke, I was trying to make a point.

Clear enough point too!!!

This is something you cant pin on one individual ,imagine how much floats across a home secretary's desk , and I should imagine its past to those who should be managing and acting on it . No way can someone sensibly monitor every report, and lets be fair we know .
    from arrests and court cases a lot have been interrupted , we have not seen anything like this since 7/7 ,therefore that is a positive in itself, a person arrested involved in the French incidents said that , its was tougher in the UK that on main land Europe .

However ,with the momentum flowing their way I'm sure we will see a difference soon, with a new government and home secretary .

My anger is with the perpetrators

I know, i got it, just found it funny the first google entry

.and to think of the tens of billions of pounds spent on those trident missiles, doing absolutely nothing to protect British citizens, and yet 'they' [all of them], do nothing to stop our Country filling up with those who would cause us harm...

Without doubt, our politicians are completlely and utterly useless..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    .and to think of the tens of billions of pounds spent on those trident missiles, doing absolutely nothing to protect British citizens, and yet 'they' [all of them], do nothing to stop our Country filling up with those who would cause us harm...

Without doubt, our politicians are completlely and utterly useless..
    You do realise the phsycho was born here yeah?

Interesting to note btw that the Feds are keeping tabs on British citizens btw

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This is something you cant pin on one individual ,imagine how much floats across a home secretary's desk , and I should imagine its past to those who should be managing and acting on it . No way can someone sensibly monitor every report, and lets be fair we know .
    from arrests and court cases a lot have been interrupted , we have not seen anything like this since 7/7 ,therefore that is a positive in itself, a person arrested involved in the French incidents said that , its was tougher in the UK that on main land Europe .
    How many FBI reports float across the home secretary's desk every month? Quoting large figures without context does't mean anything, it's a politicians answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You do realise the phsycho was born here yeah?
    You do know the backstory about his parents yeah?

You do know the backstory about his parents yeah?
    As far as I know, his parents fled Libya about 24 years ago, after his father was implicated in a group that plotted to overthrow that nice Colonel Gadaffi.

He might've gotten away with it if Tony Blair hadn't done a deal with Gadaffi.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    As far as I know, his parents fled Libya about 24 years ago, after his father was implicated in a group that plotted to overthrow that nice Colonel Gadaffi.

He might've gotten away with it if Tony Blair hadn't done a deal with Gadaffi.
    Yeah exactly, this wasn't some random kid, his family were on the payroll since before he was born.

But but but they need to read your WhatsApp and iMessage content. It's for intelligence you know. Hush hush and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    But but but they need to read your WhatsApp and iMessage content. It's for intelligence you know. Hush hush and whatnot.
    My last whatsapp message reads "I suppose"