+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Huddersfield's 'possession' football

Huddersfield's 'possession' football

Is it an enjoyable watch?

I notice very few chances and a lot of back passes under the guise of 'total football'

Better than hoofball but without the top top players it seems quite slow and slightly boring.

Re: Huddersfield's 'possession' football

They are playing reading who kill every game, so not really fair to judge on this performance

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They are playing reading who kill every game, so not really fair to judge on this performance
    This ^^^

Anyway are Huddersfield known as a side who play 'Total football'?

Heard people laud Fulhams football this season but not really Huddersfield? They've got some pace and exciting players in Brown and Van La Parra but I didn't have them down as a total footballing side

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    This ^^^

Anyway are Huddersfield known as a side who play 'Total football'?

Heard people laud Fulhams football this season but not really Huddersfield? They've got some pace and exciting players in Brown and Van La Parra but I didn't have them down as a total footballing side
    No I don't think so, didn't they end up with negative goal difference? I suppose that could be down to a few exciting games but it would also indicate they haven't really dominated a lot. I think there are better footballing teams but fair play to that team and coaching staff, not many would have tipped that.

I think compared to the football we have watched for a few years everyone looks like Barca. Under Warnock I actually think we played some decent stuff at times, kind of against the stereotype of what he would usually bring to a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No I don't think so, didn't they end up with negative goal difference? I suppose that could be down to a few exciting games but it would also indicate they haven't really dominated a lot. I think there are better footballing teams but fair play to that team and coaching staff, not many would have tipped that.

I think compared to the football we have watched for a few years everyone looks like Barca. Under Warnock I actually think we played some decent stuff at times, kind of against the stereotype of what he would usually bring to a club.
    Huddersfield really got turned over a few times this season, they lost 5-0 and 4-1 to Fulham, 4-0 to Bristol City, 3-0 vs us, and they only had 6 draws, with 25 wins and 15 defeats. They had the third most possession in the league apparently, we finished 2nd bottom with the 4th lowest pass accuracy but, we did win the 3rd most aerial duels so...
    There's some guff here if anyone is of a similar mind:
    https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ship-2016-2017