+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: As I've said all season

As I've said all season

What a pile of shite the standard is in this seasons championship!
    Considering this being billed as the biggest game in the world finance wise, it's an embarrassment.

Re: As I've said all season

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Considering this being billed as the biggest game in the world finance wise, it's an embarrassment.
    Looks like one of these two will be a nailed on certainty for relegation next year.

Someone should just score a goal

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Better just giving the fans their money back and tossing a coin!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I have a feeling they are all trying to.

Neither of these sides looked much cop against us. Reading were lucky at their place and we were rubbish at ours and we beat Hudds twice. Good game at ours where they couldn't defend a set piece and a clinical display against them at theirs when in fairness they may have been holding back a little.

Still have the feeling that next season we could match these 2, however one will be bottom of the Prem now

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Too much riding on this game to make this type of judgement.

I think both clubs overachieved throughout the season, and as such either would have a lot to to in the summer to be ready for the premier league.
    The combined goal difference of the teams in the playoff final has to be the lowest of all time.
    I don't think that means the league was weak though.
    Huddersfield though at least had some attacking intent at times.
    I honestly think if reading had gone up they would have broken the billy Davies Derby team record for lowest points total.
    Their 2 best players were Ali al habsi and Jan kermogrant who will both be 36 next season. And their underlying stats were awful this season.

Being Skyless and BT Sportless these days, the FA Cup Final was the first match I'd watched in it's entirety since our game with Newcastle. Yesterday's game could be added to what has become a pretty long list of matches I've listened to lately and thought "it doesn't sound as if I'm missing much there" - my question to those who did watch it is, was it more of a spectacle than our game with QPR in 2003?

I read somewhere that since Champs League matches had been switched to BT Sports, the viewing figures have been very low and disappointing for the authorities. Obviously not helped by British team failing to progress in the competition. The Europa Final was a drab affair, lets hope the Champions Final lives up to its billing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Being Skyless and BT Sportless these days, the FA Cup Final was the first match I'd watched in it's entirety since our game with Newcastle. Yesterday's game could be added to what has become a pretty long list of matches I've listened to lately and thought "it doesn't sound as if I'm missing much there" - my question to those who did watch it is, was it more of a spectacle than our game with QPR in 2003?
    Obviously a higher standard and some exciting players on show but it wasn't a good spectacle. Hard to compare with Cardiff QPR as its a totally different experience, you forget the game and just remember the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Obviously a higher standard and some exciting players on show but it wasn't a good spectacle. Hard to compare with Cardiff QPR as its a totally different experience, you forget the game and just remember the goal.
    That's what I was thinking, I would have thought that any neutrals watching our game from fourteen years ago would have been bored stiff for the whole one hundred and twenty minutes and been thinking that either of these are certs to go down from the Championship next year and yet we ended up as Play Off contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    All I remember (not exactly,but) is the ball going over Spencer Prior's head and the QPR player missing (or did Neil save us)

Thought we were gonners, when he miss-timed that.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    All I remember (not exactly,but) is the ball going over Spencer Prior's head and the QPR player missing (or did Neil save us)

Thought we were gonners, when he miss-timed that.
    Think he tried to chip Alexander, didn't he? Andy Thomson if memory serves. I also remember Prior's header at the other end, God knows how Day saved that!