+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not one to usually bring political threads but

Feedback

Re: Not one to usually bring political threads but

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    They don't seem particularly relevant to this election.
    I'd say terrorists and how you treat them is very relevant given events of the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I'd say terrorists and how you treat them is very relevant given events of the past week.
    What do people think he will do?

He might not bomb people as much but that doesn't appear to work very well anyway.

Feedback

What do people think he will do?

He might not bomb people as much but that doesn't appear to work very well anyway.
    Given Corbyn's past regarding courting terrorists is at best iffy and MacDonald has floated the idea of disbanding MI5, you begin to question whether they have their finger on the pulse.

Factor in Dianne Abbots police force budget measured in hundreds of thousands and you get the impression Labour don't really understand that the electorate do want security in these troubled times.

Feedback

*MacDonnell

Given Corbyn's past regarding courting terrorists is at best iffy and MacDonald has floated the idea of disbanding MI5, you begin to question whether they have their finger on the pulse.

Factor in Dianne Abbots police force budget measured in hundreds of thousands and you get the impression Labour don't really understand that the electorate do want security in these troubled times.
    Security or a military response to Manchester?

Mcdonnell and Corbyn have said and done some pretty ridiculous things. They probably thought they were being edgy at the time, life as a backbencher is boring. I just wish this campaign was being fought on policy and the viability of it.

Feedback

Security or a military response to Manchester?

Mcdonnell and Corbyn have said and done some pretty ridiculous things. They probably thought they were being edgy at the time, life as a backbencher is boring. I just wish this campaign was being fought on policy and the viability of it.
    Given security and terrorism is at the forefront of lots of voters minds, I would say this particular strand is very relevant. All Corbyn et al have to say is that they have hanged their opinions/stance in the past 30 years / the world is a different place etc etc but for whatever reason they prefer not to.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I don't understand why Corbyn didn't go on the big debate with the other leaders. What an opportunity to rub Mays nose in it and say "look, this is how arrogant she is".
    Skynewsdesk tweeting that Jeremy is doing the TV debate tonight. It's a risk he has to take.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    He "quintupled the countries debt".

Throwing money around thanks to a rise in oil prices.

He nationalised over 1000 companies. Companies which have since seen their productivity collapse.

I know very little about this bear in mind. So happy to be proven wrong
    Didn't they send in the regime change people to screw everything up?

You've unwittingly hit the nail on the head.