+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: British & Irish Lions

Re: British & Irish Lions

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Don't eggers have any sites of their own to spout shyte on ?

Go on Wales Online ffs.
    Well said. Filthy egg talk has no place at a respectable football forum.

Banned

Lions leading 12 - 10 going into the second half good performance so far.

Excellent victory, completed without much flair, typical Warrenball brute force

Banned

Amazing support for the first test. Going for a narrow Lions victory. 14 - 10

Looks like it's gonna be the same old story. Lions matching the All Blacks in every department but not taking there chances.

Lions decent in small bursts and played with a lot of self belief.
    All Blacks though are so much quicker in everything they do and have so much confidence in themselves and each other.

Enjoyed the game but the score has a familiar look to it.

So basically four nations with a combined population of what 70m got together to try to beat a nation of about 4.5m where there are way more sheep than people... and got their arses kicked?

Maybe they should lower their sights and aim to try to beat a previously undiscovered pygmy tribe in the deepest, darkest Amazon. They'd have to watch out for the spear tackles mind.

Compare the Lions number 3 passing where there wasn't anything on to the All Black forward who picked the ball off his toes to score the first try - the level of all round skill is just a little bit greater in New Zealand.

Other things to notice were that it could have been 13-10 going into the break, Lions gave away too many penalties again and, that for all the negativety of Warren-ball, holding onto the egg at crucial points above searching for a pass is key.

Lions weren't too far away and yet a million miles.

It seems to me the Brits play with emotion, odd flash of brilliance , some discipline ,but errors, the all blacks play with flair , composure total discipline with very few errors.

I'm no big rugby follower just a sporting observation.

I do think a lions team would beat any of our home nations ,France ,and perhaps South Africa and Aussie in tight games .

First Team

That was a comprehensive beating even if the final score was not as overwhelming as many expected.
    The AB's were grinning and joking amongst themselves with 10 minutes to go whilst the Lions were out on their feet.
    The Lions played to their limit, showed flashes of invention and flair but the reality was a victory never appeared likely.
    Sadly, that was the game most thought was winnable and probably targeted as such.
    Probably down hill from here. At least we get to appreciate the athleticism and skill levels of New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It seems to me the Brits play with emotion, odd flash of brilliance , some discipline ,but errors, the all blacks play with flair , composure total discipline with very few errors.

I'm no big rugby follower just a sporting observation.

I do think a lions team would beat any of our home nations ,France ,and perhaps South Africa and Aussie in tight games .
    This lions side would very likely win in Australia or south Africa. Scotland won in Australia last week.

New Zealand capitalise on errors like no other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    That was a comprehensive beating even if the final score was not as overwhelming as many expected.
    The AB's were grinning and joking amongst themselves with 10 minutes to go whilst the Lions were out on their feet.
    The Lions played to their limit, showed flashes of invention and flair but the reality was a victory never appeared likely.
    Sadly, that was the game most thought was winnable and probably targeted as such.
    Probably down hill from here. At least we get to appreciate the athleticism and skill levels of New Zealand.
    Northern Hemisphere teams will still be playing the currently outdated box kick in 10 years time. AB's were awesome, forwards handling skills at pace was great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    So basically four nations with a combined population of what 70m got together to try to beat a nation of about 4.5m where there are way more sheep than people... and got their arses kicked?

Maybe they should lower their sights and aim to try to beat a previously undiscovered pygmy tribe in the deepest, darkest Amazon. They'd have to watch out for the spear tackles mind.
    In the home nation countries we play many more sports than they do in NZ who play mainly egg in the winter and cricket in the summer so they have an advantage there, plus they get players from the south sea islands

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    In the home nation countries we play many more sports than they do in NZ who play mainly egg in the winter and cricket in the summer so they have an advantage there, plus they get players from the south sea islands
    So basically... it's kinda embarassing rather than totally embarassing then.

Just got to watch the tries from the game - the guy who scored the third try for the All Blacks looked in front of the klcker to me. Very sloppy by the Lions for the first try, while the scrum which led to the second try was probably the game's decisive moment.

Marvelous first try by the Lions, but Webb's would have just been a consolation even if the All Blacks third try had been disallowed - the received wisdom was that the Lions had to be on top up front to stand a chance of winning and yet the All Blacks overpowered them at what was supposed to be their strongest suit - hard to see anything but a 3-0 defeat from here.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just got to watch the tries from the game - the guy who scored the third try for the All Blacks looked in front of the klcker to me. Very sloppy by the Lions for the first try, while the scrum which led to the second try was probably the game's decisive moment.

Marvelous first try by the Lions, but Webb's would have just been a consolation even if the All Blacks third try had been disallowed - the received wisdom was that the Lions had to be on top up front to stand a chance of winning and yet the All Blacks overpowered them at what was supposed to be their strongest suit - hard to see anything but a 3-0 defeat from here.
    AB s ball handling skills at pace 1-15 are a joy to watch, as is the supporting runners lines, the pack out performed the Lions as stated, AWJ out of the 23, itoje and Lawes to start for me with Henderson on the bench, Tipuric also on the bench, cant see what the fuss is about re Farrell but cant see biggar being promoted unless he has a stormer on tuesday, JD mom which is pleasing as he's not rated by the english or irish press

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Compare the Lions number 3 passing where there wasn't anything on to the All Black forward who picked the ball off his toes to score the first try - the level of all round skill is just a little bit greater in New Zealand.

Other things to notice were that it could have been 13-10 going into the break, Lions gave away too many penalties again and, that for all the negativety of Warren-ball, holding onto the egg at crucial points above searching for a pass is key.

Lions weren't too far away and yet a million miles.
    Tbh I just think if need be New Zealand has another couple of gears they can easily go up just think that was only keiron Reid's 4th game in 7 month's let's just hope sevea isn't in the side again next week

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I think we might have more than them

I rarely sit down to watch a game of rugby but when I do then majority of the time the All Blacks are involved. You just can't fail to be impressed by their skill levels and will to win.

One rule that really grips my shit in rugby though is the advantage rule. Goes on for far too long imo.

George "candy from a baby" Kruise, has got to be dropped for the next test. Dreadful performance. AWJ & Itoje for T2.

As well as 1/2penny for daly, Webb for Murray, warburton for o Mahoney, George wasn't great either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    George "candy from a baby" Kruise, has got to be dropped for the next test. Dreadful performance. AWJ & Itoje for T2.

As well as 1/2penny for daly, Webb for Murray, warburton for o Mahoney, George wasn't great either.
    Utter nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Utter nonsense
    Ok.

Today's player ratings

Williams 7
    Daly 5
    Davies 8.5
    Te'o 7
    Watson 7
    Farrell 6
    Murray 6.5

Vuinipola 6
    George 5
    Furlong 6
    AWJ 5
    Kruis 4
    O Brien 6
    Faletau 7.5
    O Mahoney 6

Changes needed

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Utter nonsense
    I agree. His posts display remarkable consistency in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I agree. His posts display remarkable consistency in that regard.
    As do yours. I have never read such nonsense in all my life.

Now do one and retreat from your ivory tower as it's built on foundations of sand.