Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: British & Irish Lions

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: British & Irish Lions

Sir Clive Woodward has sent out invitations to old friends and
    colleagues to a fancy dress party to celebrate his appointment of
    'Director of Football' at Southampton FC. The invitation sent to Andy
    Robinson suggests that he comes as a Pumpkin. Said Sir Clive,
    "Hopefully, at midnight, he'll turn into a coach".

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not seen anything of the tour yet and, worse, I've not heard any of it either - I take it I'm going to have to start listening to Talkshite if I want to?

That's a good and much needed win today, but just two tries scored in three games has an ominous ring to it - are we as bad in attack as that stat suggests?
    We've just been a bit sloppy with that final ball. Could of easily had 6 or 7 more tries if we were just a bit more clinical.

I'm sure once the players settle and get used to each other this will change. We could have a really good lions side if that happens Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    We've just been a bit sloppy with that final ball. Could of easily had 6 or 7 more tries if we were just a bit more clinical.

I'm sure once the players settle and get used to each other this will change. We could have a really good lions side if that happens Bob.
    Thanks, hope you're right .

Another really close match, Highlanders 20 Lions 22 with about a quarter of the game to go - at least we've scored three tries, with one of them from Sam Warburton.

Didn't Clive Woodward state a few years ago that he would be interested in managing a football club?

Another defeat, 23-22 to the Highlanders.

Played well really.

Ref was crap

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Didn't Clive Woodward state a few years ago that he would be interested in managing a football club?
    He was Performance Director and DoF at Southampton in mid the 00s. Needless to say, it was not a success.

I honestly think the lion's will win the first test. People saying they will get whitewashed by big margins in each game, I think are gonna be shocked. The first 2 tests will be close. The last one, the all blacks might run away with it, if they are 2-0 up, because of lion's fatigue after a long tour, but the first 2 tests will be close..... and if it's 1-1 going into the final test, it will give the lion a second wind. They have to stop bauden Barrett. If they can stop him, then the lion's can win this series

GO ANYONE BUT THE LIONS!!!

People who support the Lions, but want to keep a Welsh football team are hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post

People who support the Lions, but want to keep a Welsh football team are hypocrites.
    ??? the lions have happily existed alongside the four home unions since 1888, you cant equate rugby and football in this instance

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    I honestly think the lion's will win the first test. People saying they will get whitewashed by big margins in each game, I think are gonna be shocked. The first 2 tests will be close. The last one, the all blacks might run away with it, if they are 2-0 up, because of lion's fatigue after a long tour, but the first 2 tests will be close..... and if it's 1-1 going into the final test, it will give the lion a second wind. They have to stop bauden Barrett. If they can stop him, then the lion's can win this series
    Barratt is injured,

There's also the chance of complacency from the All Blacks after seeing the Lions' shaky start.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    There's also the chance of complacency from the All Blacks after seeing the Lions' shaky start.
    I can't see that happening.

Owen Farrell is out injured for the Maori game.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    ??? the lions have happily existed alongside the four home unions since 1888, you cant equate rugby and football in this instance

Quite possibly the most ridiculous comparison ever made.

Only comes around every 4years. Even the Paddy's are part of it, and them lot have been fighting for a million squillion years to get independence from the UK, plus rugby needs independent British national teams, otherwise the pool of tier one teams would be to small, like rugby league. And if you look back through the history of the lion's, you will see, Wales have been probably the biggest part of it on the most successful tours. Think of it as a get together​ every 4 years to show case a bit of British pride from the union countries......and Ireland. I'm with you when it comes to football though, I'd hate to see a British football lion's, and I'm glad they got rid of the. British Olympics football team. That was a worry because football is a lot bigger, FIFA would like nothing more than to see us as a British team

Whatever helps you all sleep in your Liverpool shirts at night.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Quite possibly the most ridiculous comparison ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post

Anyone else watch the all blacks this morning? Fukinell, I've never seen anything like it. Even if you don't like rugby, youd still be impressed watching them. They make it look so easy

Anyone else watch the all blacks this morning? Fukinell, I've never seen anything like it. Even if you don't like rugby, youd still be impressed watching them. They make it look so easy
    and they were a bit rusty for the first 20 mins,

First Team

On the basis of that warm up the Tests are going to be even more painful than I first thought.
    Speculation in the media that up to 6 additional players to be added to the squad.
    Maybe the enormity of what is about to hit them has registered with the Lions coaching team.

the only chance they have is a dominant forward display, keep it tight, kick and chase has to be spot on, the AB s are playing attacking rugby from the gods at the moment, but they were under the cosh for the first ten minutes when Samoa kept the ball and kept it tight, pick and drive and take your chances when they arrive,

Don't eggers have any sites of their own to spout shyte on ?

Go on Wales Online ffs.