Picture number 4 for a familiar face up to his old tricks

https://twitter.com/JolyonGreen/stat...25162617647104

Re: Child care costs

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Picture number 4 for a familiar face up to his old tricks

https://twitter.com/JolyonGreen/stat...25162617647104
    Lol

So when answering a question shouldn't he quote the precise figure? Or maybe he should just continue muttering Strong & Stable for half an hour

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The video is better. It has Corbyn bumbling his way through. You would expect Corbyn to know the ins and outs of such a flagship policy.

Separately, the maybot 3000 has changed tack dramatically and is now focussing on Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    The video is better. It has Corbyn bumbling his way through. You would expect Corbyn to know the ins and outs of such a flagship policy.

Separately, the maybot 3000 has changed tack dramatically and is now focussing on Brexit.
    From my experience, Chief Executives don't know much about widgets and they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    No - he says for the many not the few, she says strong and stable.

You would have thought - he may have realised he may just get asked the question - how much will it cost ? , he could have asked the person who costed the policy and ask them ?

He could have had it texted to him, emailed to him or even just had it on a piece of paper - it was a radio interview

ps the cost is 4.7 billion - according to radio5
    It was more important to give the precise cost as opposed to a ballpark figure, which we wouldn't have heard the end of.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    From my experience, Chief Executives don't know much about widgets and they don't have to.
    I reckon a CEO would have the expected return on a new product or market to hand, whether they knew the technical aspects of the widget or not

I reckon a CEO would have the expected return on a new product or market to hand, whether they knew the technical aspects of the widget or not
    Yes I agree, but the interviewer was asking for the precise specification, which Corbyn wanted to answer accurately.

If Diane Abbott was a ten with what I think was the worst (or funniest) attempt I've ever seen from a politician seriously trying to answer a question during an election campaign and Phillip Hammond was an eight for his launching into Jeremy Corbyn after being read something that had been said by Boris Johnson, I'd rate this a five or a six. At least Corbyn didn't go down the route of pick a number and hope that the Shadow Home Secretary tried (nine or ten times from memory ), but it's not good from someone who is trying to persuade people he can run the country - with the Tories going into full Brexit mode apparently (an area where they can trade in slogans which probably won't do them much harm), Labour cannot afford to look sloppy on subjects which are supposed to be a strength of theirs.

I don't really care about it.

What I found more interesting was his excuse that this manifesto was pulled together in 2 weeks as the election wasnt planned for.

It is supposedly all costed, water tight, how long until that unravels?.

does it really matter how much it costs ? ? ? 5 , 6 , 9 or 10 billion

It'll just all add to the countries debt

then we will run out of money again and the Tories will get back in to make cuts and try and balance the books

so the cycle continues

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

then we will run out of money again and the Tories will get back in to make cuts and try and balance the books

so the cycle continues
    I see what you mean.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=na...TNA7OOJcPFrpM:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=na...8ERt-WZD5T1eM:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=na...3PC4WVFsOwBOM:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=na...JuYzSqXKlNhkM:

I heard debt in the UK is at it highest since the 60's, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Debt isn't built up instantly though is it?.

The crash occurred. PFI schemes, etc etc.

The Tories have reduced the deficit, so what more can be asked?.

Could labour spend their way out of the deficit? Not a chance. Not with their plans to reduce our competitiveness in the world.

Feedback

National debt will always rise whilst there is a deficit. This was always expected. Perhaps you can explain why you think national debt should have decreased whilst there was a deficit?

There are other measures of economic performance such as interest rates, inflation, gdp/capita, and so on. Deficit and Debt aren't the only measures available.

so the cycle continues
    Children say the darnedest things don't they?

I was meant as a bit of a pun, almost a play on the stereotypical scenario's that the political parties wheel out

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Children say the darnedest things don't they?
    but as its brought one of my stalkers ( you know the type, replying to every post i make ) out, it has at least given him a purpose for the last hour no, no, its my pleasure

I was meant as a bit of a pun, almost a play on the stereotypical scenario's that the political parties wheel out
    Ah, I see.

so the cycle continues
    but as its brought one of my stalkers ( you know the type, replying to every post i make ) out, it has at least given him a purpose for the last hour no, no, its my pleasure
    I dont stalk you. I just reply to things I think are uninformed and stupid.

Oh...

National debt will always rise whilst there is a deficit. This was always expected. Perhaps you can explain why you think national debt should have decreased whilst there was a deficit?

There are other measures of economic performance such as interest rates, inflation, gdp/capita, and so on. Deficit and Debt aren't the only measures available.
    I was answering someone who made a certain claim (which we now learn was a pun and also a trap I fell into as one of his stalkers - I think I've replied to about three of his messages in the nearly twenty years I've been posting on here), no more than that.

However, seeing as you asked a question, I'll reply by saying that, while I'm no financier, if I inherited a debt and made a public promise that I would clear it within five years, but then failed to do so and, more than that, had not cleared it two years later, I think I know what sort of response I'd get if I said how can you expect me to pay off a debt when I owe you all this money.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was answering someone who made a certain claim (which we now learn was a pun and also a trap I fell into as one of his stalkers - I think I've replied to about three of his messages in the nearly twenty years I've been posting on here), no more than that.

However, seeing as you asked a question, I'll reply by saying that, while I'm no financier, if I inherited a debt and made a public promise that I would clear it within five years, but then failed to do so and, more than that, had not cleared it two years later, I think I know what sort of response I'd get if I said how can you expect me to pay off a debt when I owe you all this money.
    It was always a tall ask given the number of variables. Maybe they've learnt their lesson and aren't going to be so bombastic in future. Probably not as they all promise jam tomorrow