+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Child care costs

Re: Child care costs

Angela Rayner gave a good interview this morning on the Today programme and I thought, I bet we'll hear nothing of it at all.

Later on I listened to Corbyns interview with Emma Barnett and the first thing I thought was, the BBC will be all over this. Sure enough it's been on every news bulletin I've heard today on R4, 5Live and even 6music ffs!

I don't recall a single mention on the BBC of Hammonds mistake of the cost of HS2 the other week, or Fallons embarrassment from last week.

Life is not always easy

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    However, seeing as you asked a question, I'll reply by saying that, while I'm no financier, if I inherited a debt and made a public promise that I would clear it within five years, but then failed to do so and, more than that, had not cleared it two years later, I think I know what sort of response I'd get if I said how can you expect me to pay off a debt when I owe you all this money.
    TBF those Tory policies did benefit some people ..
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-time-adviser/

Tories won't have this issue because the costings for their figures haven't been given....

The story of today seems that it Corbyn won the debates last night (May has been banging on for weeks about it being her or Corbyn before Europe and was at best equal to Corbyn in front of an audience and Paxman) but has come a little unstuck by Women's Hour and Mumsnet -this surely the sign that Paxman will retire - before appearing far more human than May did on The One Show. May on the other hand went back to Brexit however faced damning criticism from the ex-Tory chancellor come newspaper editor about her being incredibly weak on this matter. Germany laughed at May and didn't mention Corbyn much at all.

One other thing about Corbyn's interview yesterday - it's good to see that he defended Emma Barnett's right to ask him the question which caused him embarrassment after the presenter received antisemitic abuse on Twitter following the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One other thing about Corbyn's interview yesterday - it's good to see that he defended Emma Barnett's right to ask him the question which caused him embarrassment after the presenter received antisemitic abuse on Twitter following the interview.
    Including from our very own Splott David. Makes you proud that one of our own is making his way in the wide world, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Including from our very own Splott David. Makes you proud that one of our own is making his way in the wide world, doesn't it?
    He's not anti Semitic he's anti Zionist ...
    Apparently

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    You have to reduce the deficit before you start repaying the debt - otherwise this years DEFICIT goes on next years DEBT.

So showing images of the debt during the coalition years is totally irrelevant - as the deficit was still be gradually reduced - so of course the debt will go up.

In my experience it always seems to be the same - Labour get into power and spend spend spend - everything fecks up, The Tories get into Govt and try and clean the mess up - everyone complains. The mess gets cleared up - and Labour get back into power again.
    Or from a different perspective. Tories get into power, run down public services to the point where buildings are falling apart and no one wants to be a nurse, doctor, teacher, prison officer etc then Labour get in and have to spend to bring them back to the level that the UK public expect.

I can see both. You can only see one. The mask slips again.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Or from a different perspective. Tories get into power, run down public services to the point where buildings are falling apart and no one wants to be a nurse, doctor, teacher, prison officer etc then Labour get in and have to spend to bring them back to the level that the UK public expect.

I can see both. You can only see one. The mask slips again.
    from another angle...

Just because we see a reduced number of headcount within the public sector doesn't mean the total headcount providing public services decreases. The Tories tend to favour a mix of public/private partnership more so than Labour (who have used it albeit more sparingly).

I can only go off my experience, for example, having seen the road network in England I can say with certainty that its considerably better maintained than here in Wales, with more investment going on under a Tory government than here in Wales under a Labour government. I appreciate that is only roads and that other areas may be much different.

You have to reduce the deficit before you start repaying the debt - otherwise this years DEFICIT goes on next years DEBT.

So showing images of the debt during the coalition years is totally irrelevant - as the deficit was still be gradually reduced - so of course the debt will go up.

In my experience it always seems to be the same - Labour get into power and spend spend spend - everything fecks up, The Tories get into Govt and try and clean the mess up - everyone complains. The mess gets cleared up - and Labour get back into power again.
    We are never going to repay the debt, and neither are the USA and probably all the other western nations and beyond. We have been enslaved by the bankers.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    from another angle...

Just because we see a reduced number of headcount within the public sector doesn't mean the total headcount providing public services decreases. The Tories tend to favour a mix of public/private partnership more so than Labour (who have used it albeit more sparingly).
    Yes, the Tories share out the profitable bits amongst their mates, while the taxpayer picks up the bill for the less sexy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I was meant as a bit of a pun, almost a play on the stereotypical scenario's that the political parties wheel out
    Out of interest, do you know what a pun is?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Out of interest, do you know what a pun is?

No you cant see both - as you're a one eyed corbyn leftie loving @rselicker than has so much sh1t on your tongue you should be sponsored by Listerine.

As said to you many times - Ive voted Lib,Lab, Tory and Plaid over the years based on who "I" think will do the best job - this time it wont be Corbyn
    Calm down Damien ya bullshitting old Tory.

No you cant see both - as you're a one eyed corbyn leftie loving @rselicker than has so much sh1t on your tongue you should be sponsored by Listerine.

As said to you many times - Ive voted Lib,Lab, Tory and Plaid over the years based on who "I" think will do the best job - this time it wont be Corbyn
    Seedy used to say that too.

he's not feedy

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    he's not feedy
    Well, he says he's not.

I'm forming a party which will give everything away for free , jeepers look at my poll ratings I'm neck and neck with the Tories, yehe, PM I come.

Free chips for everyone.