+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I have this friend who is researching viewing option for Sky/BT sports ...

I have this friend who is researching viewing option for Sky/BT sports ...

He's a decent fellow so I said I'd enquire on here.

He's paying through the nose for a sports package with Virgin - Sky are no cheaper. He's heard about these sticks, but was wondering if they are actually any good - and if they are, is there a particular one he should go for. Also, 'chipped ' boxes are illegal of course, but do they actually work ?

Thanks in anticipation [from him, not me]..

Re: I have this friend who is researching viewing option for Sky/BT sports ...

Find a mate who can stick you (or him) on their Sky Go account

I was told by a bloke in the pub about iptv packages that some people are selling on a site called ebay or something. You will need a compatible player like a Roku box/stick or PS4. You can get a 12 months sub, allegedly, or even a lifetime for less than half the cost of a month of sky/virgin. There is no messing searching for streams, so I have been told, or doing updates and rebuilds of the kodi platform. You can even get all the 3pm kick-offs when the season starts. And if you get one that has VOD as well you get boxsets and other stuff like new relaease films etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I was told by a bloke in the pub about iptv packages that some people are selling on a site called ebay or something. You will need a compatible player like a Roku box/stick or PS4. You can get a 12 months sub, allegedly, or even a lifetime for less than half the cost of a month of sky/virgin. There is no messing searching for streams, so I have been told, or doing updates and rebuilds of the kodi platform. You can even get all the 3pm kick-offs when the season starts. And if you get one that has VOD as well you get boxsets and other stuff like new relaease films etc, etc.
    While standing outside the houses of parliament, I overheard two fellas on their lunch break discussing how they were going to use Theresa May's new Snoopers Charter to catch all the naughty people doing these kind of things. Obviously good citizens like yourself and Monkfish have no cause for concern .. nothing to hide nothing to fear

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He's a decent fellow so I said I'd enquire on here.

He's paying through the nose for a sports package with Virgin - Sky are no cheaper. He's heard about these sticks, but was wondering if they are actually any good - and if they are, is there a particular one he should go for. Also, 'chipped ' boxes are illegal of course, but do they actually work ?

Thanks in anticipation [from him, not me]..
    Big clamp down with sky i have lost all sky channels with my zgemma h.2s,the zgemma h2h is still working with virgen cable.

Drop the lot save 60 bucks a month ,watch MOTD and championship highlights ,pop into the nearest pub for the bigger games,keeps employment going ,pubs open , and gets you out .

If your 'friend' has got a smart TV tell him to get IPTV. I'm told it's about £45 for the year.

If your 'friend' wants more information tell him to search SUTV-ITPV on Facebook.

Did the bloke tell you that they have got the NowTV box's running iptv ? ? ?

as i know its a rebadged / dummed down Roku and wouldnt it be great to use a bit of " sky tv equipment " to view it

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Drop the lot save 60 bucks a month ,watch MOTD and championship highlights ,pop into the nearest pub for the bigger games,keeps employment going ,pubs open , and gets you out .

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Did the bloke tell you that they have got the NowTV box's running iptv ? ? ?

as i know its a rebadged / dummed down Roku and wouldnt it be great to use a bit of " sky tv equipment " to view it
    I have no idea what you are on about as the bloke in the pub never mentioned that! However I did hear a man on the phone saying something about the NowTV boxes have had an over the air update which has stopped the ability to sideload apps now and so the current way of watching IPTV on them has been blocked. This was a month or so back so may have changed now.

I have no idea what you are on about as the bloke in the pub never mentioned that! However I did hear a man on the phone saying something about the NowTV boxes have had an over the air update which has stopped the ability to sideload apps now and so the current way of watching IPTV on them has been blocked. This was a month or so back so may have changed now.
    i have asked around and your man in the pub you overheard, is right, Both Black and white box's are now dead to plex

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i have asked around and your man in the pub you overheard, is right, Both Black and white box's are now dead to plex
    Phew - thought I might have misheard it

Id tell your mate to go legit. Sky / BT extra losing oo much money for this kodi thing to continue. Get a fire stick for amazon, netflix, cancel any tv subscription and maybe he can access to a sky go account or a now tv box. Lot less hassle than fiddling around with boxes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Id tell your mate to go legit. Sky / BT extra losing oo much money for this kodi thing to continue. Get a fire stick for amazon, netflix, cancel any tv subscription and maybe he can access to a sky go account or a now tv box. Lot less hassle than fiddling around with boxes etc.
    Isn't using somebody else's Sky Go account a bit like going for a pint with a few mates and dodging your round all night?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Isn't using somebody else's Sky Go account a bit like going for a pint with a few mates and dodging your round all night?
    Maybe. Yeah. Or if your 3 mates were already subscribed to a service where they got 4 free pints each round and therefore a pint is going spare each time. Would u drink it ?

Maybe. Yeah. Or if your 3 mates were already subscribed to a service where they got 4 free pints each round and therefore a pint is going spare each time. Would u drink it ?
    Not if it was Fosters, Carling or some other cooking lager.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Not if it was Fosters, Carling or some other cooking lager.
    Fair point !

Back to sky go ... it's certainly the easiest way to get sky legit. Or a monthly pass from sky now for £30. 😳

No

Nothing is free in life, they've paid for it.

I'd feel like a freeloader