+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: u20s - France V Wales

Blue in the Face

u20s - France V Wales

Bluebirds currently in action - Coxe, Abbruzzese and Harris.

Halftime 0-0

http://www.footballstreamings.com/li...Wales-U20.html

Blue in the Face

Re: u20s - France V Wales

English commentary on the yootoobs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBHwbgWl7mA

Bluebirds playing very well

0-0 ft. Good result.

Good opening result.

Thanks for the mention about this game Blue in the Face, I'd forgotten all about it. I thought Wales did very well and, if anything, they looked the more dangerous team for much of the second half. Both City full backs had good second halves and Mark Harris did not look out of place in a fluid and skillful Welsh attack. If there was a disappointing element, it was the last ten minutes when we, for some reason, resorted to booting long balls that kept on coming back at us - we were hanging on somewhat at the end, but keeper Luke Pilling of Tranmere made some great saves to get Wales their point against the host nation.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for the mention about this game Blue in the Face, I'd forgotten all about it. I thought Wales did very well and, if anything, they looked the more dangerous team for much of the second half. Both City full backs had good second halves and Mark Harris did not look out of place in a fluid and skillful Welsh attack. If there was a disappointing element, it was the last ten minutes when we, for some reason, resorted to booting long balls that kept on coming back at us - we were hanging on somewhat at the end, but keeper Luke Pilling of Tranmere made some great saves to get Wales their point against the host nation.
    Agree with that. Though there was some real top quality in the home side so I can see why we were pinned back. Tyler was a great option for the out ball though nothing came off for him, though his quality is obvious. I'm going to keep tabs on Vincent Marcel, he looks a real prospect for them.

Thought our lads did terrific. Coxe was up there with Broadhead as our best player I felt. Rhys must have impressed Page because Cole DaSilva is fine young player so he's done very well to get the nod. Still gutted we let Poole go but it's worked out great for him.

I've not been as excited by a Welsh youth team, well, ever. In terms of strength in depth this is better than the Rambo, Gunter, Ched Evans team. And to think there names missing too.

Thanks Blue. I only got home and managed to catch injury time though, when we were getting battered

What's the format? Do the top 2 teams from the group qualify for the next stage? Decent result against the host nation

Caught some of it as well, impressive stuff. we need a reminder for the next game Blue in Face

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    What's the format? Do the top 2 teams from the group qualify for the next stage? Decent result against the host nation
    Three groups of four, the top team from each group goes through to the semi-finals plus the runner-up with the best record but I guess there's some small print that says if Wales win their group then they go home and the top two from the other groups go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Three groups of four, the top team from each group goes through to the semi-finals plus the runner-up with the best record but I guess there's some small print that says if Wales win their group then they go home and the top two from the other groups go through.
    It's the youth football equivalent of Joe Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Wales' next game is on Friday and then they play again on Monday.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...d-3717690.aspx

I reckon Wales were invited to compete in this tournament as a consolation prize for the farcical way this group of players were denied qualification for the UEFA under 19 Championship last autumn - Belarus went through as the best third place qualifiers with four points and yet Wales came third in their group with two more points than them!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...young-12182795

What an encouraging result