+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone dieting

Re: Anyone dieting

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    So all people who have cancer die do they?
    Where did I say they did? What I am saying is that, once diagnosed with cancer, diet has no impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    It does, most people make some sort of concoction with coffee as it keeps you going all day, I love the stuff, can't wait to get up and have my fix every day now

Did you get to page 2? I feel better than I have for years tbh.
    I read all of the pseudo-science.

How are your LDL levels?

Mrs got me a fitbit for my Birthday, fook knows why, my first thought was, a wasted 125 quid, but as she said, i am a hard person to buy for, the girls thought it was a good gift

anyways, it was interesting to watch how far i walk per day ( one day was 12.6 miles ) , then the 2nd week i decided to enter the food i eat into the app, bloody hell, it was scary the amount of Cals i was doing, so i attempted to stay under 1500 cals per day, of course in 3 weeks i have lost 15 lb , i now feel guilty if i eat anything bad, so dont

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    How about that date then? I'll make you wetter than a January Bob Bank Terrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I read all of the pseudo-science.

How are your LDL levels?
    I haven't had them checked recently, if I was a regular at my GP surgery I probably would but as I rarely feel ill I don't see the need to bother them, I can tell you one thing for sure, even with the 2 spoonfuls of oil my diet is far more healthier now than it was before.

even with the 2 spoonfuls of oil my diet is far more healthier now than it was before.
    This could very well be the thing here, with the oil, you watch what you eat, my postie is trying to get me to " come in on a business venture " selling some coffee drink, you have 1 drink in the morning and it speeds up your metabolism and you can eat anything and still lose weight ( of course its a pyramid selling scheme, just as Herbalife is, i used to use herbalife and sell it, it paid for my own for the 4 months i used it ) , but just as this coffee drink makes you think " i want to lose weight, with the help of this drink i can ", of course you eat healthier as a result, because you want to lose weight quicker, its the trigger of the brain that makes you push on

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This could very well be the thing here, with the oil, you watch what you eat, my postie is trying to get me to " come in on a business venture " selling some coffee drink, you have 1 drink in the morning and it speeds up your metabolism and you can eat anything and still lose weight ( of course its a pyramid selling scheme, just as Herbalife is, i used to use herbalife and sell it, it paid for my own for the 4 months i used it ) , but just as this coffee drink makes you think " i want to lose weight, with the help of this drink i can ", of course you eat healthier as a result, because you want to lose weight quicker, its the trigger of the brain that makes you push on
    As I said on the first page I am dieting too, the oil is included in my daily allowance, I've cut out sugar and all the other crap I used to eat, the only sweet thing I have is natural honey, the difference is now I don't have any urge for them things like I did before and I do think that's down to the oil, when you compare it to the diet I was on before which included lots of cauliflower cheese and chocolate it's still healthier, I'm losing weight and I feel great, if by chance it's all in the mind I couldn't care less.

Rowing machine. Preferably a Concept2.

10k a day. 40 mins. 20 morning, 20 evening. It's not too intense. Burn about 1000 cal or something like that.

Also doing low carb...which is ok. Avoid pasta, bread and spuds. No too much of a biggie. Once I'm fatless, I'll eat carbs now and then and do 20-30 mins rowing a day to maintain.

I'm not really overweight though. Just want to stop the rot and get rid of funny belly folds when sitting down.

I haven't had them checked recently, if I was a regular at my GP surgery I probably would but as I rarely feel ill I don't see the need to bother them, I can tell you one thing for sure, even with the 2 spoonfuls of oil my diet is far more healthier now than it was before.
    It would be worth getting them checked out, I think. I've yet to meet a doctor who thinks a diet that takes in saturated fat is a good idea, but then what do they know?

1 tablespoon is 117 calories. 2 dessert spoons is roughly 4 tablespoons. So, a nice 468 calories to start the day! Every 14g contains 13.6grams of fat. You are taking in 56 grams of fat every morning!

A 1600 calorie diet should have between 44 and 78 grams of fat. I notice you are a vegetarian so, chances are, it is something the rest of your diet compensates for. Not sure a meat eating person should be doing it though, and I'm unconvinced that you should be either.

2 dessert spoons is roughly 4 tablespoons.
    Very grateful........I think I've just discovered why for so many years, my meals have been so insipid and tasteless...

It would be worth getting them checked out, I think. I've yet to meet a doctor who thinks a diet that takes in saturated fat is a good idea, but then what do they know?

1 tablespoon is 117 calories. 2 dessert spoons is roughly 4 tablespoons. So, a nice 468 calories to start the day! Every 14g contains 13.6grams of fat. You are taking in 56 grams of fat every morning!

A 1600 calorie diet should have between 44 and 78 grams of fat. I notice you are a vegetarian so, chances are, it is something the rest of your diet compensates for. Not sure a meat eating person should be doing it though, and I'm unconvinced that you should be either.
    Really? I guess you're not a great cook?

Blog Entries

I think your sums are a bit mixed up so it's less than that but you are correct in saying that I don't have fats from meat or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Very grateful........I think I've just discovered why for so many years, my meals have been so insipid and tasteless...

Perhaps you should have a look at this...
    http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/kitchen/measures.htm

Yes, they do.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

Perhaps you should have a look at this...
    http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/kitchen/measures.htm
    Oops, I've mixed up teaspoons and tablespoons.
    2 dessert spoons is 4 teaspoons.

Regardless of that, there is a misconception that coconut oil contains "healthy" fats. It is mainly saturated fat. It will raise LDL levels, and not the HDL levels.

Why not try avocado oil instead, or peanut or soybean oil? Peanut oil is cholesterol free.

"Research is changing all the time". How can that fill anyone with confidence?

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Yes, they do.
    All people die eventually.
    Therefore all people with cancer will eventually die. But not necessarily FROM cancer.

Coconut oil I've been taking it and dieting for the last ten weeks, I've lost 34lbs so far, I take it with my cup of tea in the morning and I don't feel like eating all day tbh, it's good for loads of other reasons too, I feel so much healthier since I've been taking it.

Here are a few links..
    https://draxe.com/coconut-oil-uses/
    http://www.1hourathlete.com/nutritio...re-coconut-oil
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the...ermogenic.html
    http://www.coconut-oil-central.com/

Slimming world are also great like Mike says, I lost a lot of weight with them before but I was stupid enough to put it all back on.
    How does that work?Do you take a spoonful and wash it down with a cuppa?Surely you don't mix them(me being dull).

Blog Entries

Oops, I've mixed up teaspoons and tablespoons.
    2 dessert spoons is 4 teaspoons.

Regardless of that, there is a misconception that coconut oil contains "healthy" fats. It is mainly saturated fat. It will raise LDL levels, and not the HDL levels.

Why not try avocado oil instead, or peanut or soybean oil? Peanut oil is cholesterol free.

"Research is changing all the time". How can that fill anyone with confidence?
    Have you read any of the studies in the links I posted? there are 1500 on one of them, I have, loads and loads of them, especially ones related to my own health and the ones on medium-chain triglycerides, I'm quite confident I'm not damaging my health, I feel great.

Is the British Journal of Sports Medicine pseudoscience?

Dietary fat guidelines have no evidence base: where next for public health nutritional advice?
    http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/51/10/769
    "Conclusions Dietary fat guidelines have prevailed for almost 40 years. The evidence base at the time of their introduction has been examined for the first time and found lacking. Evidence currently available provides no additional support. Public health opinion differed when the guidelines were introduced. Opposition to the guidelines is becoming more strident. Substantial increases in diet-related illness over the past four decades, particularly obesity and type 2 diabetes, indicate that a review of dietary advice is warranted."

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    How does that work?Do you take a spoonful and wash it down with a cuppa?Surely you don't mix them(me being dull).
    Yes that's what I do, sounds a bit gross but it's not bad you can add it to other things if you don't fancy that, there are loads of different recipes for home made energy bars ect if you google it.

There is prima facie evidence on Facebook that the use of coconut oil in households has serious side-effects - turns men into 'gingers' and women into painted slappers.

Blog Entries

I may be wrong, but using saturated fats in a diet sounds like a dumb idea.
    I reached 84lbs (6 stone) off today just saying.

I had a go a few months back. Found it a piece of piss to eat right and I was getting up in the mornings to run before work..lasted a week with the running and a month (3 weeks before) eating tidy.

Burger van by work is too good so u fvcked it off. May go again in a few months and get down a gym..but im not really all that bothered if i do or dont, I enjoy life as it is..

Many congratulations

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I had a go a few months back. Found it a piece of piss to eat right and I was getting up in the mornings to run before work..lasted a week with the running and a month (3 weeks before) eating tidy.

Burger van by work is too good so u fvcked it off. May go again in a few months and get down a gym..but im not really all that bothered if i do or dont, I enjoy life as it is..

My daughter started working for Tim Hortons and kept on bringing cakes home on her training weeks, that was quite hard

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Many congratulations
    Thanks Nick

Wow.
    Good on you.
    Merry Christmas

Cut out alcohol and exercise. I've never dieted as I don't need to but know that I lose weight especially after getting up off my backside.

My daughter started working for Tim Hortons and kept on bringing cakes home on her training weeks, that was quite hard

Thanks Nick
    It's why I'll never diet successfully, I like the freedom of eating what I want when I want.

And congratulations and that, brilliant for someone to achieve that.