+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone dieting

Re: Anyone dieting

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Diets don't work? What does that mean? Surely a diet works as long as you stick to it? You can't expect anything to work when you don't practice it.

It's like saying my phone only works when I charge it. if I don't charge it, it doesn't work. Therefore my phone doesn't work.
    In my experience low carb diets are fantastic.

Until you eat carbs again. Then you just regain weight.

It is a kind of fake weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    "I do need to sort out some sort of exercise plan though, lifting weights sounds pretty boring if I'm honest."

You will be pleased to hear that lifting weights won't help as muscle is heavier than fat.
    Weight training will help as muscle will speed up your metabolic rate.

When I first saw the title of 'The Hairy Dieters' TV programme I assumed that it was about Germans.

Banned

I know. But come on.
    Fray bentos pie , chips. 4 pieces of bread and butter

Swim

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Swim
    Don't get the people that just bounce up and down lanes all day when I struggle to do 10 lengths. Some seriously fit people who swim

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Don't get the people that just bounce up and down lanes all day when I struggle to do 10 lengths. Some seriously fit people who swim
    Takes practice on breathing and training your stamina but it's a hell of a good workout

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Takes practice on breathing and training your stamina but it's a hell of a good workout
    The problem with swimming is that you always feel hungry afterwards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The problem with swimming is that you always feel hungry afterwards.
    That's true, but why?

Blog Entries

Little update as it's weigh day: lost 46lbs now

If you still have any doubts about coconut oil remember saturated fats have been wrongly demonised for decades..

How the Sugar Industry Shifted Blame to Fat
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/w...me-to-fat.html

50 Years Ago, Sugar Industry Quietly Paid Scientists To Point Blame At Fat
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...t-blame-at-fat

How the Sugar Lobby Skewed Health Research
    http://time.com/4485710/sugar-indust...ease-research/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

If you still have any doubts about coconut oil remember saturated fats have been wrongly demonised for decades..

Well done.

How much oil do you take a day? Looks interesting. Also where do you buy it?

Well done Mrs R.
    Now go and award yourself with one of those wonderful sausage rolls you make

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Well done.

How much oil do you take a day? Looks interesting. Also where do you buy it?
    Thanks, I take 2 desert spoons full in the morning with my cuppa and a banana usually, I noticed a difference in the first couple of days, I definitely don't have hunger pangs throughout the day like I used to have, before I would have a weetabix and be hungry an hour later.

Most places sell it now, most of the supermarkets do their own brand, Morrisons is £3 for a 300ml jar, whichever one you get make sure it's 100% raw organic, virgin or extra virgin, cold pressed, some are not and they are processed with chemicals, I would avoid the Ktc one for that reason.

Those links on the first page have loads of info on it, even if you are not dieting it's good for loads of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Well done Mrs R.
    Now go and award yourself with one of those wonderful sausage rolls you make
    They were from Greggs, plus I don't eat meat, but thanks.

Thanks, I take 2 desert spoons full in the morning with my cuppa and a banana usually, I noticed a difference in the first couple of days, I definitely don't have hunger pangs throughout the day like I used to have, before I would have a weetabix and be hungry an hour later.

Most places sell it now, most of the supermarkets do their own brand, Morrisons is £3 for a 300ml jar, whichever one you get make sure it's 100% raw organic, virgin or extra virgin, cold pressed, some are not and they are processed with chemicals, I would avoid the Ktc one for that reason.

Those links on the first page have loads of info on it, even if you are not dieting it's good for loads of other things.

My Mrs asked if it jelly like or liquid ? (daft cow won't believe me )

She also asked for you to put a picture up of it (I can't be arsed, she's only 7 stone soaking wet )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    My Mrs asked if it jelly like or liquid ? (daft cow won't believe me )

She also asked for you to put a picture up of it (I can't be arsed, she's only 7 stone soaking wet )
    Something like this, I've had this one
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pipkin-100..._jLxAD3Q6TOM2A

There are loads of different brands
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...t/coconut-oil/

It's solid (but melts on a warm day), it looks like lard

Lots of people make energy balls with it but I haven't tried them yet.

The problem I found with dieting is the discipline of the day in/day out routine and generally I found dieting pretty boring so tended to give up after a week or two. Then, via a link on this site(amazing what you can find on a football website!!) I discovered The Fast Diet otherwise known as the 5/2 Diet. This involves eating a max 600 calories on two days(500 for women) and then you can eat normally for the other 5 days.

All I can say is that it works for me and I have been doing it for around 4 years with the odd break for holidays and Christmas etc.

It also has health benefits as it was first developed for women with cancer and for people with diabetes. I found that my allergic asthma has improved to the extent where I rarely now use my inhaler.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-c...-non-fast-day/

I'm sticking close to a Keto diet, one day on a weekend beer excluded, so I've been taking coconut oil and a tsp of butter in black coffee first thing - It seriously takes away any hunger pangs all day.

Did you read any of those links? research is changing all the time.

There are 1500 studies proving the health benefits of coconut oil on Dr Axe page...

Healthy fats are essential for good health, also it's antioxidant effects are good when dieting as the fat you have stored over the years is full of crap and other toxins that you are now using DO PEOPLE REALLY “RELEASE TOXINS” WHEN THEY LOSE WEIGHT?

I'm sure you will find plenty of studies that say different but I feel great, better than I have for a long time, I'm at risk of a heart attack being fat anyway so if I'm going to have one then I'd rather be thinner when I do, it will be easier for someone to pick me up.

I'm trying to just eat natural and not processed foods as I have some allergies, they have caused dark patches around my eyes which are now going since using coconut oil on my face, my sons eczema is also clearing up since putting it in his bath.

I do need to sort out some sort of exercise plan though, lifting weights sounds pretty boring if I'm honest.
    I may be wrong, but using saturated fats in a diet sounds like a dumb idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    The problem I found with dieting is the discipline of the day in/day out routine and generally I found dieting pretty boring so tended to give up after a week or two. Then, via a link on this site(amazing what you can find on a football website!!) I discovered The Fast Diet otherwise known as the 5/2 Diet. This involves eating a max 600 calories on two days(500 for women) and then you can eat normally for the other 5 days.

All I can say is that it works for me and I have been doing it for around 4 years with the odd break for holidays and Christmas etc.

It also has health benefits as it was first developed for women with cancer and for people with diabetes. I found that my allergic asthma has improved to the extent where I rarely now use my inhaler.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-c...-non-fast-day/
    Developed for women with cancer? By that stage it is too late! Changing diet may prevent cancer, it won't cure it.

A balanced diet, fruit, veg, lean meat, fish. Exercise. It's really as simple as that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    I'm sticking close to a Keto diet, one day on a weekend beer excluded, so I've been taking coconut oil and a tsp of butter in black coffee first thing - It seriously takes away any hunger pangs all day.
    It does, most people make some sort of concoction with coffee as it keeps you going all day, I love the stuff, can't wait to get up and have my fix every day now

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I may be wrong, but using saturated fats in a diet sounds like a dumb idea.
    Did you get to page 2? I feel better than I have for years tbh.

It does, most people make some sort of concoction with coffee as it keeps you going all day, I love the stuff, can't wait to get up and have my fix every day now

Did you get to page 2? I feel better than I have for years tbh.
    How about that date then? I'll make you wetter than a January Bob Bank Terrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Developed for women with cancer? By that stage it is too late! Changing diet may prevent cancer, it won't cure it.

A balanced diet, fruit, veg, lean meat, fish. Exercise. It's really as simple as that.
    So all people who have cancer die do they?

I've lost about 20 lbs in 3 years by doing 2 things: firstly, avoiding all processed sugar (sweets / biscuits / cake / fizzy drinks etc.) between meals, and secondly running 3x a week, which helps lose weight but more importantly gives me the mental strength to stick with the first one. Oh, and I weigh myself every Monday morning and put the weight on a spreadsheet with a nice big graph.

Good luck