+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Academy kids vs Feyenoord yesterday

Academy kids vs Feyenoord yesterday

Re: Academy kids vs Feyenoord yesterday

Thanks for that, first time i've seen U11's. Some of the boy's showed some great technical ability and worked their goals well. Was some finish for the third! Great to see.

There's some real good kids in the academy mate, despite all the doom and gloom you hear.

If you want to watch a bit more i found another link here.

https://youtu.be/mDV_JyjzBFc

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    There's some real good kids in the academy mate, despite all the doom and gloom you hear.

That looks really promising, to look good footballers against Dutch kids is an achievement in itself! Always really hard to tell from highlights and 3 minutes but really good to see the back 4 passing the ball and trying to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That looks really promising, to look good footballers against Dutch kids is an achievement in itself! Always really hard to tell from highlights and 3 minutes but really good to see the back 4 passing the ball and trying to play.
    I watched the first 8 minutes of the full version in the other link and Feyenoord couldn't get the ball!

We play Ajax today.

Sorry this is the full link

https://youtu.be/DLurZRUBhMc

I watched the first 8 minutes of the full version in the other link and Feyenoord couldn't get the ball!

We play Ajax today.
    The methods used by the Dutch to train their kids is renowned for developing players that are comfortable on the ball and technically very strong, so nice to see the City youngsters making them chase shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The methods used by the Dutch to train their kids is renowned for developing players that are comfortable on the ball and technically very strong, so nice to see the City youngsters making them chase shadows.
    That's exactly the philosophy that the FAW are promoting amongst coaches right from mini football, through the youth teams and it's great to see that Bellamy was also talking about playing in such a way as to produce kids that are comfortable with the ball so that, regardless of which system they end up playing when they are older, they can easily adapt to it.

Just watched the full game and the three goal victory margin didn't flatter City at all - very impressive stuff.

Having watched three City players all doing well in a very good Wales Under 20 performance yesterday, it's been a good couple of days for our youngsters.

Thanks for the link Gringo .

Thanks for the post nice to get into footy , it seems were on track.

I'm sure Paul will review these lads as they progress .

European Champions 2026 hopefully .

The u9s and u11s both played Ajax tonight and Cardiff won in both games. Sounds like it was a good tour. Hell of a long way to go for those kids but still nice to know there is some good raw talent in the academy and playing the Ajax way too.

The u9s and u11s both played Ajax tonight and Cardiff won in both games. Sounds like it was a good tour. Hell of a long way to go for those kids but still nice to know there is some good raw talent in the academy and playing the Ajax way too.
    I know its at a young age group, but to beat Ajax and Feyenoord youth teams in the Netherlands is quite impressive

Great news, well done to all concerned - let's not forget that the Under 10s managed a draw and a win in their two games against Villareal either.

Very good news indeed. Really enjoyed the way they passed the ball in the feyenoord game. Thanks for the links Gringo.

Spedger

Blue in the Face

Cheers Gringo! Will watch the long version later.

Didn't we play these fixtures a month or so ago? Perhaps u13s instead? (We won that mini tournament too). Think it was noted in our epic thread somewhere. Wonder if these repeated Dutch fixtures are an ongoing link up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Cheers Gringo! Will watch the long version later.

Didn't we play these fixtures a month or so ago? Perhaps u13s instead? (We won that mini tournament too). Think it was noted in our epic thread somewhere. Wonder if these repeated Dutch fixtures are an ongoing link up.
    That was a select squad of 13s 14s and 15s i think mate.

Yes we are doing really well at academy level, the challenge is to create a pathway for the kids to flourish at 16/17. (Which the club are attempting to do)

That was a select squad of 13s 14s and 15s i think mate.

Yes we are doing really well at academy level, the challenge is to create a pathway for the kids to flourish at 16/17. (Which the club are attempting to do)
    Cracking news, bettter than any signing we could possibly make. Well, nearly.

Still, for us to be a real force again we have to start producing Ramseys, Ledleys and Gunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Cracking news, bettter than any signing we could possibly make. Well, nearly.

Still, for us to be a real force again we have to start producing Ramseys, Ledleys and Gunters.
    Of course we do mate. I don't know if you managed to watch the whole 45 minutes after but the standard and quality of football we played was frightening for a bunch of 10 and 11 year olds.

Does that mean we're bound to produce another Ramsey? No chance mate.

You can't predict what will happen, but i for one am over the moon that those kids can go to Holland representing Cardiff City football club and play Ajax and Feyenoord of the park completely dominating the football.

Of course we do mate. I don't know if you managed to watch the whole 45 minutes after but the standard and quality of football we played was frightening for a bunch of 10 and 11 year olds.

Does that mean we're bound to produce another Ramsey? No chance mate.

You can't predict what will happen, but i for one am over the moon that those kids can go to Holland representing Cardiff City football club and play Ajax and Feyenoord of the park completely dominating the football.
    I did, and I really enjoyed it. While you can't guarantee results, you can guarantee what we were doing was absolutely the wrong way forward. As someone who's been to Holland a few times and has seen the way the youngsters are trained and coached there, to out football them is amazing. Any side representing Cardiff against possibly the best youth set up in world football, and beating them is incredible!