+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Declan John

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Declan John

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Agreed time to move them on if we can. I'd like to see Declan have a good loan spell somewhere though.
    He's had loan spells and didn't set the world alight. I'd be very surprised if John turned into a Championship level player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's had loan spells and didn't set the world alight. I'd be very surprised if John turned into a Championship level player.
    Madness really. He had such potential years ago. Still only 21 so maybe a change of scenery will help him. Good luck to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Madness really. He had such potential years ago. Still only 21 so maybe a change of scenery will help him. Good luck to the lad.
    Did he though? He's only 21 so plenty of time to kick on but I don't see it. Barnsley and Chesterfield fans didn't rate him either.

Declan due to move to a club up North ive heard

Did he though? He's only 21 so plenty of time to kick on but I don't see it. Barnsley and Chesterfield fans didn't rate him either.
    Well he played 20 premier league games at the age of what 17 or 18. I think that shows he had potential years ago.

Well he played 20 premier league games at the age of what 17 or 18. I think that shows he had potential years ago.
    He played for one of the worst Premier League sides in recent memory, ahead of Andrew Taylor. He's defensively suspect and he's never learnt that side of the game and almost every manager has dug him out about his attitude. His positional play is almost non existent which is major concern. I remember at Birmingham away he just wandered off, the look on Connolly's face was priceless.

He played for one of the worst Premier League sides in recent memory, ahead of Andrew Taylor. He's defensively suspect and he's never learnt that side of the game and almost every manager has dug him out about his attitude. His positional play is almost non existent which is major concern. I remember at Birmingham away he just wandered off, the look on Connolly's face was priceless.
    Keep your hat on, not defending him just mentioned it was a shame as he seemed to have potential YEARS ago. This place is like a ****ing minefield!

Keep your hat on, not defending him just mentioned it was a shame as he seemed to have potential YEARS ago. This place is like a ****ing minefield!
    I'm not having a pop at you, I'm just trying to say why I don't rate him and why he's not lived up to his potential. He probably had a fair bit but he's still the same player he was 4 years ago.