+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The most overrated footballers of all time

Re: The most overrated footballers of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    LordKenwyn in this thread has honestly posted the stupidest opinions ever seen on ccmb. And we have Bluematt and MrsR ffs.
    It is hard to argue against peoples memories of a player.

The most underrated players of all time would have been an easier question.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I think we overate players when they play in different countries.

Italian centre backs for example.

Were people like Nesta that good. Or was it more the team?.
    Yeah all the team around him mate. He was crap. He only won Serie A defender of the year 4 years on trot when Serie A was in its peak but it was those other overated players around him like Pirlo and Kaka who made him look better than he was.

It is hard to argue against peoples memories of a player.

The most underrated players of all time would have been an easier question.
    Why? Would people not have to use their memories to remember underrated players?

I think we overate players when they play in different countries.

Italian centre backs for example.

Were people like Nesta that good. Or was it more the team?.
    I'd quit while you're behind mate.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why? Would people not have to use their memories to remember underrated players?
    Like with anything people memories become clouded. When they have an opinion they piece together events in their mind so as to fit it.

The majority of games that involved real madrid and Juve weren't even televised ffs in that era. No where near as much as they are now.

Players will be claimed to be crap in the modern game, Luis suarez has plenty, plentyyyyy of games where he is a cheat and awful.

Yet in 10-15 years after he has retired people will say he was one of the most lethal strikers ever.

They will forget the in between.

Like with anything people memories become clouded. When they have an opinion they piece together events in their mind so as to fit it.

The majority of games that involved real madrid and Juve weren't even televised ffs in that era. No where near as much as they are now.

Players will be claimed to be crap in the modern game, Luis suarez has plenty, plentyyyyy of games where he is a cheat and awful.

Yet in 10-15 years after he has retired people will say he was one of the most lethal strikers ever.

Wow again. You don't really understand football do you mate.

Yes because people remember the good, the things that made you stand up and say, oh my god, that is incredible. Messi has been anonymous in some games but then the next game he'll take it past 7 players and dink the keeper.

Suarez is incredible because he has fewer bad games than most, and his best games are better than anyone else in his position. There are some players that you think, I could do that if I really tried, maybe one in 100 times, that would come off. The good players, it comes off more and more often. The truly great players you think, how the hell did he do that? And that was Zidane!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Wow again. You don't really understand football do you mate.
    nope never have

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yes because people remember the good, the things that made you stand up and say, oh my god, that is incredible. Messi has been anonymous in some games but then the next game he'll take it past 7 players and dink the keeper.

Suarez is incredible because he has fewer bad games than most, and his best games are better than anyone else in his position. There are some players that you think, I could do that if I really tried, maybe one in 100 times, that would come off. The good players, it comes off more and more often. The truly great players you think, how the hell did he do that? And that was Zidane!
    I suppose that is fair.

I said zidane had moments that were amazing.

But I don't think he could turn water into wine as many on here suggest.

I suppose that is fair.

I said zidane had moments that were amazing.

But I don't think he could turn water into wine as many on here suggest.
    I dont think anyones suggesting that just strongly disagreeing with your claim that he is one of the "most overrated footballers of all time".

As for your Suarez analogy. Words fail me.

I dont think anyones suggesting that just strongly disagreeing with your claim that he is one of the "most overrated footballers of all time".

As for your Suarez analogy. Words fail me.
    Not the most overrated.....but I'd have a lot of players over him.

And many say he is the best ever. Or top 5.

I accept he was a great player but there is a difference between saying that and saying he is the best midfielder of all time.

It sounds like you've never watched him play.

As for your Suarez post I'm still trying to work out what's going on, have you got a gas leak in your place?

Not the most overrated.....but I'd have a lot of players over him.

And many say he is the best ever. Or top 5.

I accept he was a great player but there is a difference between saying that and saying he is the best midfielder of all time.
    Eh?

You started a thread titled "Most overated footallers of all time". Then a few posts in you suggested Zidane.

Now youre saying hes not the most overrated.

Make your mind up ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It sounds like you've never watched him play.

As for your Suarez post I'm still trying to work out what's going on, have you got a gas leak in your place?
    Sky never showed Italian or Spanish football back then apparently even though they were showing Italian football from 1996 and Spanish from 1999

Sky never showed Italian or Spanish football back then apparently even though they were showing Italian football from 1996 and Spanish from 1999
    Please quote we where I said they never showed any of it.

Eh?

You started a thread titled "Most overated footallers of all time". Then a few posts in you suggested Zidane.

Now youre saying hes not the most overrated.

Make your mind up ffs.
    Where would you rank him in your top 20 players of all time?.

Where would you rank him in your top 20 players of all time?.
    Whats that got to do with anything? This is a thread about he most overated players of all time isnt it?

Football Italia as well, great show! Zidane is probably the best player of his generation, in my opinion. Him and Ronaldo I'd say were a cut above the rest (I've almost certainly missed someone glaringly obvious).

Whats that got to do with anything? This is a thread about he most overated players of all time isnt it?
    Just wondering to see how highly you rate him.

I haven't once said he was a bad player when people on the thread are arguing as if I said he wouldn't get a game for Burton.

He is routinely claimed to be one of if not the best of all time, so who is he better than?.

I haven't once said he was a bad player when people on the thread are arguing as if I said he wouldn't get a game for Burton.

He is routinely claimed to be one of if not the best of all time, so who is he better than?.
    Zidane is never called the best of all time.

Here you go off on a bizarre tangent again.

People are arguing with you because you claimed he is one the most overated footballers of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Zidane is never called the best of all time.
    Pele, Maradona and Messi are the ones who get called the best of all time. Ive never heard anyone say Zidane is the best of all time.

You've misinterpreted what I meant then.

You've misinterpreted what I meant then.
    What did you mean? He's the greatest player of his generation, and with regards to your point about foreign players etc, if you ask any French person what they think about Zidane, they all go weak at the knees. "We love Platini but Zidane is a God" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    What did you mean? He's the greatest player of his generation, and with regards to your point about foreign players etc, if you ask any French person what they think about Zidane, they all go weak at the knees. "We love Platini but Zidane is a God" etc.
    Best player in the world between 1995 - 2005, without a doubt?. That is his generation.

Bear in mind the insane amount of players who are right up there as the worlds best during that time.

No point going in to it actually, I have a banging headache already.