+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marley Watkins to Norwich

Marley Watkins to Norwich

I don't know if Warnock was interested but he has signed for Norwich

Re: Marley Watkins to Norwich

I feel more sorry for Barnsley tbh. They had a making of a really good team and it's been decimated.

Whoever was in charge of contract renewals needs a good talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I feel more sorry for Barnsley tbh. They had a making of a really good team and it's been decimated.

Sounds like their players were not very well rewarded for promotion the previous year and the club had little faith in them staying in the division last year.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I agree, especially as Scowen will be following him out of the door very shortly. That said they have received good money for Hourihane, Winnall, Bree & Mawson so must have a very good scouting system in place.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sounds like their players were not very well rewarded for promotion the previous year and the club had little faith in them staying in the division last year.
    The owner (I think) is pretty seriously ill and has seen what gambling with finances has done to the club in the past, and didn't want to risk it. I think!

They also had good money last summer for the Stones transfer

They might surprise us again. I think they lost a number of players the year before, do we still call it this season til after Saturday?, this year but they were able to replace them and keep growing.