+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is tonight's LADIES Champions League Final on any TV channel ?

Is tonight's LADIES Champions League Final on any TV channel ?

Can't find any info

Re: Is tonight's LADIES Champions League Final on any TV channel ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Can't find any info
    http://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsl...d=2472552.html

Eurosport 2 on my tele.

The game has been delayed while the women players park their cars.
    http://www.japantimes.co.jp/wp-conte...0120412a6a.jpg

Decent crowd in there. Nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Decent crowd in there. Nice to see.
    Lyon win 7-6 on pens, around 20k crowd.

Cracking effort by the people of Wales.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40111172

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I went - and it was great 22.5 crowd , some mad PSG fans , lots of kids with families, some French kids on a school trip. Both teams didnt have any end product really but they got stuck in and a penalty shoot out to finish
    Yep ! I enjoyed it too.

I went and quite enjoyed it, even though in the end it tended to confirm a view I've held about women's football for years - there tends to be less goals scored in matches at the real top levels of the game than there are in the men's game.

For about seventy minutes, I thought it was a very watchable game with lots of good, technical play from both sides which suggested they had goals in them and at times it was only the quality of the goalkeeping which kept the scoresheet blank, but there was also some poor finishing and the quality of free kicks and corners wasn't very good.

From about the three quarter mark of the game though, the match deteriorated as PSG in particular started to look tired and, from that point on, it struck me that holding on for a penalty shoot out was the height of their ambitions - the match became very bitty and stop, start and I was not surprised in the slightest that extra time didn't produce a goal.

It was a shame that the shoot out was decided by a horrible miss from the spot by the PSG keeper who I thought had been one of the best players on the pitch during the game, but, overall, with a bigger than expected crowd providing a decent atmosphere (the Mexican wave that got most of them very excited seemed so dated to me though) I quite enjoyed the first women's match I'd watched live and would go again to something like a Wales match played in Cardiff.

I went and thought it was a very enjoyable evening.
    The crowd numbers were boosted by the numbers of French schoolchildren who probably just happened to be on a school trip to Wales during half term. The PSG Ultras created a fantastic atmosphere and showed what one man and a drum could generate with a bit of help from 100 or so disciples.
    The match was pretty good and both number 7s stood out for me. It was also obvious that women just don't have the power of shot to shoot from distance as each was saved comfortably by the keepers.
    Shame it ended with a pelanty miss rather than a save, but I couldn't help but notice that Lyon also beat PSG 7-6 on pens in the French cup final just a couple of weeks ago.