+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Most Underrated player

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Most Underrated player

I've always thought Scott Parker was a very underrated player - Dennis Irwin is a good shout as well.

Is underrated and underappreciated the same thing? I don't think it is because I always thought most City fans knew that Steve McPhail was a very talented player, but there were many who never really appreciated what he bought to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've always thought Scott Parker was a very underrated player - Dennis Irwin is a good shout as well.

Is underrated and underappreciated the same thing? I don't think it is because I always thought most City fans knew that Steve McPhail was a very talented player, but there were many who never really appreciated what he bought to the team.
    Parker did win a footballer of the year award!

Agree with Irwin. Robbie Keane is also fairly underrated - he's one of the top international scorers of all time. A similar player (even looks similar) is Klose. Top German goalscorer, all-time top scorer at the World Cup, finished at least third in four World Cups (surely no other player has played in four World Cup semifinals), played in two finals and won it too.

For current players, Eriksen is a overshadowed by Alli and Kane at Spurs and probably deserves more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Parker did win a footballer of the year award!

Agree with Irwin. Robbie Keane is also fairly underrated - he's one of the top international scorers of all time. A similar player (even looks similar) is Klose. Top German goalscorer, all-time top scorer at the World Cup, finished at least third in four World Cups (surely no other player has played in four World Cup semifinals), played in two finals and won it too.

For current players, Eriksen is a overshadowed by Alli and Kane at Spurs and probably deserves more attention.
    And just eighteen England caps - should have been at least double that.