+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Underrated player

Re: Most Underrated player

[QUOTE=Hilts;4746878]
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Ronaldo doesn't get as much praise as he is basically a poacher now.

Are you serious?
    He barely beats a man now, that isn't his game. Years ago he'd fly past them.

The best finisher in the world though.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Parker did win a footballer of the year award!

Agree with Irwin. Robbie Keane is also fairly underrated - he's one of the top international scorers of all time. A similar player (even looks similar) is Klose. Top German goalscorer, all-time top scorer at the World Cup, finished at least third in four World Cups (surely no other player has played in four World Cup semifinals), played in two finals and won it too.

For current players, Eriksen is a overshadowed by Alli and Kane at Spurs and probably deserves more attention.
    And just eighteen England caps - should have been at least double that.

[QUOTE=LordKenwyne;4746884]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

He barely beats a man now, that isn't his game. Years ago he'd fly past them.

The best finisher in the world though.
    I'm starting to think you've never watched a football match in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wasnt aimed at you mate honest, but if the cap fits

You are not alone in your hatred for Ronaldo, which I think clouds a lot of peoples judgements when admitting how good he actually is.

If I'm i know my dislike of his character clouds my judgement with regards to him but it's people over estimation of him and lack of football understanding that grips my shit.

Whenever i see the statement "Ronaldo is the complete footballer, he is fast, he can shoot powerfully off both feet, he can jump, head the ball etc" i feel like throwing my phone through the window.

I hate when people just judge football on physical attributes when the brain is just as if not more important.

As you know my favourite type of players are people like Messi, Iniesta, David Silva who do things which make me think "how the hell did he see that!"

Ronaldo is the second best player in the world mate but Messi is on another level.

[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;4746897]

I'm starting to think you've never watched a football match in your life.
    What?.

He goes missing in the vast majority of games but still scores loads. That is a fact.

Madrid fans were booing him

He is an out and out striker now I think, not a winger.

He's still one of my favourite players and I watch every madrid game.

The fact he is changing his game doesn't take anything away from him. It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

If I'm i know my dislike of his character clouds my judgement with regards to him but it's people over estimation of him and lack of football understanding that grips my shit.

Whenever i see the statement "Ronaldo is the complete footballer, he is fast, he can shoot powerfully off both feet, he can jump, head the ball etc" i feel like throwing my phone through the window.

I hate when people just judge football on physical attributes when the brain is just as if not more important.

As you know my favourite type of players are people like Messi, Iniesta, David Silva who do things which make me think "how the hell did he see that!"

Ronaldo is the second best player in the world mate but Messi is on another level.
    One thing i will add though is Ronaldo's dedication has got to be second to none. I was listening to Guillem Balague a while back and he said that Ronaldo has changed his whole body composition over the last year in order to become more suited to being a striker rather than a winger.

When he was young at Lisbon he used to sneak into the club gym at night and do weights and he used to race cars at traffic lights!

[QUOTE=LordKenwyne;4746902]
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

What?.

He goes missing in the vast majority of games but still scores loads. That is a fact.

Madrid fans were booing him

He is an out and out striker now I think, not a winger.

He's still one of my favourite players and I watch every madrid game.

The fact he is changing his game doesn't take anything away from him. It is inevitable.
    Madrid fans boo everyone. They are more deluded than the fans who booed Whitts.

He hasnt played as an out and out winger since his United days and if he was just a poacher he wouldnt have 11 assists this season.

One thing i will add though is Ronaldo's dedication has got to be second to none. I was listening to Guillem Balague a while back and he said that Ronaldo has changed his whole body composition over the last year in order to become more suited to being a striker rather than a winger.

When he was young at Lisbon he used to sneak into the club gym at night and do weights and he used to race cars at traffic lights!
    I think thart his single mindedness is his best and worst quality. He obviously wouldnt be the players he is without that attitude but sometimes that goes too far and he plays for personal glory rather than the team and thats why some dislike him.

Peter Whittingham.

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;4746946]

Madrid fans boo everyone. They are more deluded than the fans who booed Whitts.

He hasnt played as an out and out winger since his United days and if he was just a poacher he wouldnt have 11 assists this season.
    Booing Whittingham is stupid, the manager should have been booed.

He has been used poorly for ages, as he isn't good enough to play all game every game now.

Internationally - Ian Wright

frank worthington for me

I think zlatan summed it up perfectly when he said Ronaldo is like a trained product but Messi is pure natural talent and me personally I would pay double the money to watch Messi over Ronaldo

Michael Carrick.

The footballers footballer.

Criminally underused by England who decided to persist with Lampard/Gerrard farce. On that theme you can throw in Paul Scholes.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wasnt aimed at you mate honest, but if the cap fits

You are not alone in your hatred for Ronaldo, which I think clouds a lot of peoples judgements when admitting how good he actually is.
    But he's not 'underrated' though.

Even people who dislike him don't underrate him... Just 'overhate' him.

Magnificent player. And would do football the world of good if he actually came out properly, saying that his partner is not such a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Michael Carrick.

The footballers footballer.

Criminally underused by England who decided to persist with Lampard/Gerrard farce. On that theme you can throw in Paul Scholes.
    This ^^ I remember being at upton park in 2004 when city lost 1-0 to west ham and Carrick was the best player on the pitch by some distance. I thought back then that this kid is top class.

kyle laferty legend of the game