+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CARDIFF TO RECEIVE £16.2m

CARDIFF TO RECEIVE £16.2m

From parachute payments. I think they may also get a share of Newcastle United's £41m as they went straight back up.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/06/para...-huddersfield/

Re: CARDIFF TO RECEIVE £16.2m

No that's how much they had last season,, I think it drops to about 9 million this season.

The what system is ludicrous and unfair.
    Instead of giving clubs an unfair advantage by having more in parachute payments than some teams entire budget they should make all clubs have severe relegation salary reduction clauses in their contracts

We are getting £8m as a final payment, I think that teams that came down Norwich and Villa will get more than they would normally get because Newcastle will not get the full amount as they were promoted straight back up, so instead of 4 years payments they only get 1
    possibly not even the 1, not sure how that last bit works

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No that's how much they had last season,, I think it drops to about 9 million this season.

Instead of giving clubs an unfair advantage by having more in parachute payments than some teams entire budget they should make all clubs have severe relegation salary reduction clauses in their contracts
    Sounds great in theory but players and agents would never agree to it, and unless you have had your eyes closed the last 10 years they hold all the cards.

Nice idea, but will never happen.

Players get contracts with an automatic promotion related increase, but no relegation clause.

It really irritates me that if a team gets relegated, many of the players who got themselves relegated fall over themselves trying to get a move, like it was someone else's fault they went down.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sounds great in theory but players and agents would never agree to it, and unless you have had your eyes closed the last 10 years they hold all the cards.
    I think the league would have to make it a mandatory rule for it to work, possibly in conjunction with other leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    We are getting £8m as a final payment, I think that teams that came down Norwich and Villa will get more than they would normally get because Newcastle will not get the full amount as they were promoted straight back up, so instead of 4 years payments they only get 1
    I am under the impression that Newcastle's parachute payment would be divided between all the clubs in championship, apart from the promoted and relegated clubs. I may be wrong though.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I am under the impression that Newcastle's parachute payment would be divided between all the clubs in championship, apart from the promoted and relegated clubs. I may be wrong though.
    Spedger
    I think your correct.

Ultimately the money given to clubs on paper appears fantastic, however, this is not passed down to the supporters.

It has also resulted in bigger salaries for the players and everyone employed by the clubs.

What's the average Premiership wage - probably close to £2.6m per annum.

The Scottish league is a different world altogether. Average wage £146k per annum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    I was told that this is no longer the case. Apparently, when the PL increased the money going to the lower leagues then part of this agreement was that the parachute payments due to clubs who subsequently gained promotion goes back to the PL. I have not seen evidence of this just repeating what I was told.

Well bring it on its better than bugger all.

The system is tilted towards the wealthy, including FFP.

Hey isn't that life anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    I was told that this is no longer the case. Apparently, when the PL increased the money going to the lower leagues then part of this agreement was that the parachute payments due to clubs who subsequently gained promotion goes back to the PL. I have not seen evidence of this just repeating what I was told.
    This is what I remember seeing too

maybe we should stop alienating our fan base and try all we can to get bodies through the door

or like i ****ing suggested 2 years ago, free cheerleaders to every seat (the type you see in american football)

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I can't decipher if this is for last season or the season ahead. I'm pretty sure this article is saying this is the payout we are now due. The figure looks to be double what you are saying.

Premier League money: how much of the £2.4 billion payout has gone to your club?

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...gone-your-club

Total awards according to sports finance experts Sporting Intelligence:

£40,915,922 Aston Villa

£40,915,922 Newcastle United

£40,915,922 Norwich

£31,176,663 QPR

£16,298,146 Cardiff

£16,298,146 Fulham

£16,298,146 Reading

£16,298,146 Wigan