+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corbyn

Re: Corbyn

Press the fecking button Jeremy

I note the latest polls are indicating a hung Parliament with the Tories projected to get 311 MPs and Labour on 257.

It's 20 years since I last voted. I finally clocked in the few proceeding years that it was a Punch and Judy show designed for us to believe we had a choice when it made no fundamental difference as all parties were fans of private commercial banks creating fake money to lend at interest. Whatever the make up of the next Parliament, the bankers win while 99% of the rest of us will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I note the latest polls are indicating a hung Parliament with the Tories projected to get 311 MPs and Labour on 257.

It's 20 years since I last voted. I finally clocked in the few proceeding years that it was a Punch and Judy show designed for us to believe we had a choice when it made no fundamental difference as all parties were fans of private commercial banks creating fake money to lend at interest. Whatever the make up of the next Parliament, the bankers win while 99% of the rest of us will lose.
    Depends what you read.

http://britainelects.com/nowcast/

The very latest published poll has Conservative one point ahead of Labour. The article below says two other polls yesterday had them ahead by 12 and six points respectively.

General Election: Conservative lead over Labour cut to just one point, new poll finds: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7771526.html

What do we want? NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST! When do we want it? NOW!

The fact that Corbyn might lose/not do as well as he should because he didn't appease a bunch of neanderthals who seemed practically erect at the thought of mass murder is just ludicrous

Surely someone who has "declared without hesitation that she would nuke thousands" is the last person you want to have anywhere near a fecking nuke and is far more dangerous than someone who wouldn't

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7143386.html

Mental.

The fact that my vote is the polar opposite to Wez, ***** and Angelis from **** comforts me that I'm on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    It's quite bizarre how many people are all for nuclear weapons , I've never understood it, there was so much wrong with QT I don't where to start.
    Yep agreed

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Why the **** do so many people love nuclear weapons? Jeremy Corbyn says he doesn't wish to use them and the audience are outraged.

Intelligent species???
    no-one wants to use nuclear weapons. it is the deterrent that if someone attacks us they also have a few warheads sent their way. its the concept of MAD - they won't attack us first as they know they will also be nuked. We won't attack because we don't have a first strike policy.

if we tell everyone we won#t strike back then we become a sitting duck. Whilst it doesn't matter whether we strike back or not because we won't care as we will be dead, having the threat of retaliation ensures we don't get nuked in the first place.

it really is quite straight forward

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    no-one wants to use nuclear weapons. it is the deterrent that if someone attacks us they also have a few warheads sent their way. its the concept of MAD - they won't attack us first as they know they will also be nuked. We won't attack because we don't have a first strike policy.

if we tell everyone we won#t strike back then we become a sitting duck. Whilst it doesn't matter whether we strike back or not because we won't care as we will be dead, having the threat of retaliation ensures we don't get nuked in the first place.

it really is quite straight forward
    What if everybody knows that we have to ask the USA for permission before we launch a first or second strike? Trident seems to be nothing more than a token guesture, and meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I dont want Dianne Abbott anywhere near any Govt job of responsibility.
    Same goes for McDonell - I dont mind Corbyn as man, he should be working for Amnesty International, or the UN etc. Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister - erm no thanks.

No experience of running a Govt Dept, no experience of being on the front bench (Govt or opposition) , no experience of a shadow ministerial job, no experience of EU negotiations on any level etc.

And you seriously want him to go straight into No10 and into Brexit Negotiations - because he is a nice guy. Sorry but it's a No from me.

Where I live - my votes makes no difference - it will be a Labour victory
    We don't know who would be in Corbyn's cabinet do we?

And it would be Sir Kier Starmer who would be leading the Brexit negotiations, as opposed to Boris Johnson.

Starmer in one of the UK's greatest legal minds, while Boris is one of it's greatest bumbling idiots.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

And it would be Sir Kier Starmer who would be leading the Brexit negotiations, as opposed to Boris Johnson.

Starmer in one of the UK's greatest legal minds, while Boris is one of it's greatest bumbling idiots.
    being a QC makes you very good at presenting an argument. however it doesn't necessarily make you a political negotiator.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    being a QC makes you very good at presenting an argument. however it doesn't necessarily make you a political negotiator.
    He seems to have grasped the main political elements very well ...

What did Keir Starmer say? The key points of his Brexit speech

An immediate guarantee that all EU nationals currently living in the UK will see no change in their legal status as a result of Brexit, while seeking reciprocal measures for UK citizens in the EU.

Replacing the Tories’ Great Repeal Bill with an EU Rights and Protections Bill which fully protects consumer, worker and environmental rights.

A replacement White Paper with a strong emphasis on retaining the benefits of the single market and the customs union.

The devolution of any new powers that are transferred back from Brussels should go straight to the relevant devolved body, whether regional government in England or the devolved administrations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Parliament should be fully involved in the Brexit deal, and MPs should be able to vote on the deal in autumn 2018.

A commitment to seek to negotiate strong transitional arrangements when leaving the EU and to ensure there is no cliff-edge for the UK economy.

An acceptance that freedom of movement will end with leaving the EU, but a commitment to prioritise jobs and economy in the negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Boris Johnson won't be leading the Brexit negotiations if the Conservatives get back in!