+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corbyn

Corbyn

Four weeks ago voting for Labour was something I thought was reserved for staunch Labour voters this election. Corbyn has won me over, and has my vote.

He's not scared to argue with the audience tonight, an audience that seems to think that dropping a nuke is important if ever we are attacked. It's bizarre because, if this little island was nuked, any retaliation would be futile and would save no lives.

He's not weak and wobbly, he is forceful, principled and he could be a disaster. But he has my vote, 7 years of austerity has brought nothing but increased debt. Time to invest, time for Corbyn!

Re: Corbyn

He didn't avoid the difficult questions or try to appease anybody, which helped him to come across as someone having principles and integrity.

I thought Mrs May did quite well, even though she got cornered a few times and looked a bit uncomfortable, but basically she was just telling everybody what they wanted to hear. However, if she does get re-elected, I've got a feeling the hammer will come down even harder on those who have legitimate grievances.

So if you're rich and you don't give a toss about anybody else, vote Tory. If you are compassionate and believe in a fairer society, then vote Labour. If you are undecided, but the thought of nuking millions of people excites you, definately vote Conservative.

The audience tonight were really big on mass murder, which was a strange one

Other than the I thought Corbyn did very well whilst May was patronising towards some of the audience who dared question her saying stuff like "There isn't a magic money tree" as she were talking to a bunch of five year olds

Why the **** do so many people love nuclear weapons? Jeremy Corbyn says he doesn't wish to use them and the audience are outraged.

Intelligent species???

Yeah, I was baffled at the amount of people that seemed to think dropping a nuclear bomb is no big concern. Maybe they should take a trip to Hiroshima and educate themselves.

Didn't see tonight's show but the nuclear debate is a well-worn one. Advocates for British nukes say we must have them for defence; they would never be used as first-strike weapons, they claim. Opponents counter with the obvious retort when asking why have them (at massive cost) when they will only be deployed as revenge having failed in their stated purpose as a deterrent?

I'm afraid these lunatics didn't quite manage to put it across as rationally. They were basically shouting 'PRESS THE RED BUTTON JEREMY! NOW!! PRESS IT!!'.

I am realising just how ignorant and quite frankly, thick, a lot of people in this country are.

Do people not know what a nuclear bomb can do? Are people not aware that war is actually a bad thing?

Or is the best possibility to nuke us all to save this beautiful planet from the cancer that is the human race?

Watching QT tonight was painful. Theresa May didn't answer a single question directly and Corbyn was attacked for not willing to press the big red button. And I'm guessing many undecided voters are now swayed to the tories because JC isn't an intolerant twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Didn't see tonight's show but the nuclear debate is a well-worn one. Advocates for British nukes say we must have them for defence; they would never be used as first-strike weapons, they claim. Opponents counter with the obvious retort when asking why have them (at massive cost) when they will only be deployed as revenge having failed in their stated purpose as a deterrent?
    It's a moot point anyway, as we are never going to use our nuclear weopons until we receive a direct order from the USA to do so.

It's sad Zenith. A load of people in our country are quite happy to watch the homeless line the streets and see whole families go without food, as long they're a few quid better off at the end of the year, that's all that matters.

QT tonight was supposed to be a debate between the two party leaders, May refused and so questions were asked individually.

Most questions were limited to avg. 4 mins or under. BBC allows nuclear question with Corbyn over 7 mins. May's climate change question (with Trump specific) squeezed in at the end at was under 3 mins. Something a little fishy there, don't you think?

Love how he didn't even feel the last thicko deserved a response Always wonder with people like that, where do they pluck up the courage to speak on these shows when they got no idea what's going? There was another imbecile after that 7mins as well that tried bringing it up again, so probably more like 8mins+ spent on that one fake news story.

‪Watch May being asked a genuine question, fail to answer any of it & audience members clap like seals at the end https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-PRV_s-Ftuo‬

It is comedy gold

Link didn't work mate.

Quote Originally Posted by SgorauKoller View Post
    Link didn't work mate.
    Should do now

And also, here is May's response to the climate change question. https://youtu.be/pLb7Lw9aHt0

Absolute rubbish again, can't believe some people are all for a PM who can't even stand up to an imbecile who doesn't accept that climate change is happening right now.

Watching it live, I didn't even pickup on her dodge for the 'what is a bad deal?' question. Looking at the clip you put there, she's one slimey, dusty, cold-blooded old corpse isn't she. Totally avoided answering the question as she has no idea how the negotiations will go. 'Brexit means Brexit' and something else about monopoly is pretty much all they've offered so far regarding the negotiations.

Blog Entries

It's quite bizarre how many people are all for nuclear weapons , I've never understood it, there was so much wrong with QT I don't where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    ‪Watch May being asked a genuine question, fail to answer any of it & audience members clap like seals at the end https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-PRV_s-Ftuo‬

It is comedy gold
    No Theresa May is better than a bad Theresa May

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That bloke who asked about nuclear weapons, what's wrong with his eyebrow?

I didn't bother watching the programme, but I wouldn't be surprised if steps were taken by the BBC to provide a more "balanced" audience after the left wing rabble that was there for the Leaders debate last Monday.

I think the gradual dying out of the generation who could remember the Hiroshima bombings is bound to lead to some people have a more cavalier attitude towards what nuclear weapons actually do - that's the only way I can explain the behaviour of those who seemed to want us to nuke someone (anyone!) in that clip.

I can't wait to be a late middle aged man in 20 years who goes on the telly frothing at the mouth at the thought of someone pausing to think about launching nuclear weapons.

The once bloke went on about North Korea striking us. When it seems their missle capability is about as accurate as a Cameron Toshack volley I don't think we have much to be scared of.

Sad how many thick people who have this war like mentality and yet I bet none of them have been near a war.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I can't wait to be a late middle aged man in 20 years who goes on the telly frothing at the mouth at the thought of someone pausing to think about launching nuclear weapons.

The once bloke went on about North Korea striking us. When it seems their missle capability is about as accurate as a Cameron Toshack volley I don't think we have much to be scared of.

Sad how many thick people who have this war like mentality and yet I bet none of them have been near a war.
    Exactly, cannot for the life of me work out why this 'probably never gonna happen' event is a talking point when there are too many people facing very real problems that need to be looked at.

No Corbyn is better thsn any Corbyn!!