+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i think that games puts cardiff on the map

Re: i think that games puts cardiff on the map

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    He's a dedicated City fan who goes to more games than the majority on here.
    Hi Tandy.

Does anyone know what the Juve and Madrid fans who visited thought about the City?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Does anyone know what the Juve and Madrid fans who visited thought about the City?
    Excellent production by Cardiff yesterday - did Wales proud. I'm sure the Juve and Real fans must have been impressed by the Millennium ( never the Principality!) Stadium. It impresses me every time I visit it. It was an excellent game as well. Well done Cardiff! Helps maintain Wales's attractive worldwide football profile that has been established over the past 6 years by the Swans and the national team.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Excellent production by Cardiff yesterday - did Wales proud. I'm sure the Juve and Real fans must have been impressed by the Millennium ( never the Principality!) Stadium. It impresses me every time I visit it. It was an excellent game as well. Well done Cardiff! Helps maintain Wales's attractive worldwide football profile that has been established over the past 6 years by the Capital City and the national team.
    FYP

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Just an aside, but many tourist places around the world have tourist prices and locals prices.
    Aye, every time I go back to that huge market in Barcelona, la boceria, it gets cheaper and cheaper......mybmate once came with me who lives there and he was paying half what I did....happens all over

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Excellent production by Cardiff yesterday - did Wales proud. I'm sure the Juve and Real fans must have been impressed by the Millennium ( never the Principality!) Stadium. It impresses me every time I visit it. It was an excellent game as well. Well done Cardiff! Helps maintain Wales's attractive worldwide football profile that has been established over the past 6 years by the Swans and the national team.
    It's a massive shame we're probably not gonna qualify for Russia. We need to keep the momentum going.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Madrid fan I spoke to in Lloyds last night was very impressed with everything, from the stadium to the bars to the people. Said it's one of the most welcoming and friendliest cities he'd been to, nothing at all like London!

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not on "CITY'S" match day they don't, but they do for EGG and they go PLASTIC, that's the main reason I stopped going there.

Not the prices, but the bloody PLASTIC.
    They don't put their prices up. The higher price is the normal quoted price of a pint. What regulars and people on quiet days pay is a discounted price, the same as in Kiwis.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They don't put their prices up. The higher price is the normal quoted price of a pint. What regulars and people on quiet days pay is a discounted price, the same as in Kiwis.
    Most lagers and ciders are marked with "goldie looking chain like things", at £2.60 ALL THE TIME.

Discounted prices are on every Sunday @ £2.00 a pint.

Some beers are cheaper than £2.60 during the week.

THEY PUT THEIR PRICES UP FOR EGG.

Bloody hell, I used to frequent the place 3 times a week and used to give them a load of trade, when we had coaches going to away night games, leaving from the Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Well done to the Welsh FA and the City of Cardiff for bringing such a wonderful occasion
    to Cardiff and Wales.
    Now all you moaning egg chasers who have tried to undermine this event can go screw yourselves.

You will NEVER be a world sport like football get used to it.
    Grow up, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Hi Tandy.
    If only it was that simple eh? Couldn't be further from the truth if you tried 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    classic final with 2 superb goals
    Unfortunately the good news didn't seem to reach North Wales. Their local paper is The Daily Post(not the Western Mail), which hadn't even mentioned the game up to and including the day it was played. Their football pages were all about Lpool, Everton and Man U, as usual.

I heard a radio interview with fans from down the Bay, they were saying it was good and much 'better than they expected'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    I heard a radio interview with fans from down the Bay, they were saying it was good and much 'better than they expected'.
    The game or the city?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    He's a dedicated City fan who goes to more games than the majority on here.
    Going to more games or supporting the City for longer doesn't make anyone a bigger or better fan