+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i think that games puts cardiff on the map

Re: i think that games puts cardiff on the map

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Yeah just put me on ignore, because you know I'm right
    Your just an arsehole

Hopefully all that attended enjoy the evening regardless of if their team won or lost, and I am sure they will leave with a good impression of the country and the city.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Your just an arsehole
    Any of my posts factually wrong?

Yes

Cardiff hosted the Magic weekend for a couple of years until the rugby league fans had enough of being ripped off.
    untrue, the Rfl moved it to try and grow the game, nothing to do with the fans, just done Newcastle, pubs and hotels put up prices but 65000 attend over two days.

yes

International

Tandy says his posts are always right.

I'd like to know which pubs were charging £7/8 apint? I have been to various big occasions in the city and I have never experienced deliberately inflated prices. Pubs and hotels have price lists which they are obliged to publish and adhere to.

If you go into the Hilton on an International day they will charge you £11 for a large Jack daniels. you would be outraged. But if you went in there on a tuesday lunchtime in the middle of october they would still charge you the same £11. It's an hotel and hotels always charge over the odds compared to pubs.

Which pubs in the City was Tandy in last night that were charging inflated prices. Name them and shame them..

It never happened for any League or FA cup matches, not for the rugby world cup, not for welsh football internationals, not for play-offs. so many fans afterwards commented on the fact that it was so inexpensive compared to other places.
    so why last night?

People saying £4.50 a pint in wetherspoons pubs in town, even the Boro put their prices up yesterday, unusual for them I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    People saying £4.50 a pint in wetherspoons pubs in town, even the Boro put their prices up yesterday, unusual for them I think.
    The "BORO" always put their prices up to about £3.50p (normally £2.60)

They give their regulars a card, to show the bar-staff, so that they only pay their normal price.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

They give their regulars a card, to show the bar-staff, so that they only pay their normal price.
    Always drink in the Boro on match day, and even when there's a rugby international on the same day I've not been charged more for a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

So Tandy is right about people getting ripped off in the beautiful city?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    So Tandy is right about people getting ripped off in the beautiful city?
    We're £3.50-£4 away from Tandy being completely right. The general theme of his point has some evidence. Doesn't mean his conclusion is going to be correct - where doesn't slightly inflate prices?

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Always drink in the Boro on match day, and even when there's a rugby international on the same day I've not been charged more for a pint.
    Not on "CITY'S" match day they don't, but they do for EGG and they go PLASTIC, that's the main reason I stopped going there.

Not the prices, but the bloody PLASTIC.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Tandy says his posts are always right.

I'd like to know which pubs were charging £7/8 apint? I have been to various big occasions in the city and I have never experienced deliberately inflated prices. Pubs and hotels have price lists which they are obliged to publish and adhere to.

If you go into the Hilton on an International day they will charge you £11 for a large Jack daniels. you would be outraged. But if you went in there on a tuesday lunchtime in the middle of october they would still charge you the same £11. It's an hotel and hotels always charge over the odds compared to pubs.

Which pubs in the City was Tandy in last night that were charging inflated prices. Name them and shame them..

It never happened for any League or FA cup matches, not for the rugby world cup, not for welsh football internationals, not for play-offs. so many fans afterwards commented on the fact that it was so inexpensive compared to other places.
    so why last night?
    He won't be able to answer you because the **** wasn't there, he's got zero friends and only way he gets his kicks is coming on here & going against what everyone else is saying. He's a total bellwhiff.

I can see the shithead vigorously searching social media for evidence to steal & pass off as his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    He won't be able to answer you because the **** wasn't there, he's got zero friends and only way he gets his kicks is coming on here & going against what everyone else is saying. He's a total bellwhiff.

I can see the shithead vigorously searching social media for evidence to steal & pass off as his own.
    I can't believe how many of these characters these Cardiff forums attract to be honest. Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I can't believe how many of these characters these Cardiff forums attract to be honest. Baffling.
    I don't think he was given enough attention as a child.

It's bizarre though mate. I honestly don't get the psychology of it. What a waste of a life!

Just an aside, but many tourist places around the world have tourist prices and locals prices.

I seen £6 quid a pint in some places, even the Spar on Queen Street upped their prices for cans.

Won't get much attention when he eventually grows up, either.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Won't get much attention when he eventually grows up, either.
    Have anyone met this Tandy turd in person or his he just a Jack or Troll possibly both?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I heard of one dedicated Real Madrid fan having to pay upwards of £600 (including air fare and maybe even hotel) to watch his beloved team play. Disgrace.
    £600? Sounds like a tall tale. No one has that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    £600? Sounds like a tall tale. No one has that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Have anyone met this Tandy turd in person or his he just a Jack or Troll possibly both?
    He's a dedicated City fan who goes to more games than the majority on here.