+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incident at London Bridge

Incident at London Bridge

Van runs into pedestrians on London Bridge. Several seriously injured.

Re: Incident at London Bridge

Reports that van mowed down pedestrians. Van and driver have left scene, and suspected some people have jumped or been knocked off the bridge.

"5 or 6" people injured, some seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    "5 or 6" people injured, some seriously.
    CNN saying 15 to 20 people injured by car plus reports of stabbings at restaurant.

Sounds like unsubstantiated rumors at present.

\bbc reporter on bridge repeated "5 or 6" casualties, but it is dark.

Also reported man seen in handcuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    CNN saying 15 to 20 people injured by car plus reports of stabbings at restaurant.

Sounds like unsubstantiated rumors at present.
    A 17 year old youth was stabbed to death earlier in a separate incident.

Just listened on 5live on the way home, young girl witnessed what happened and came within 2m of the van hitting her.

Lots of casualties. This is sickening.

A 17 year old youth was stabbed to death earlier in a separate incident.
    Sounds like CNN are reporting on stories seen on Social Media - including restaurant diners hiding in a basement.

BBC not reporting on anything unless confirmed.

Sky News better than BBC at the moment ( I think ).

Witness on Sky claims incident started with gunfire, 10 mins before the police responded.

Have they claimed responsibility yet?

The BBC's Nick Quraishi at the scene says he is now able to corroborate earlier reports of gunshots being fired.

Reports suggest it may have been more than one incident:

- A van hitting people at London Bridge and three people then jumping out of the vehicle and attacking members of the public with knives.

- A separate incident at Borough Market

- Police have now said they are responding to a third incident in Vauxhall

It is understood that police are looking for three suspects who may be armed.

No need to ask questions when they find them - just put a few bullets into the tossers.

Edit: just been reported that there are fatalities.

RIP to yet more innocent victims at the hands of cowardly people hiding behind their so called religion.

"more than one fatality" at London Bridge.

Why were nationals who left to fight for ISIS allowed to return? Are these attacks now happening because of that decision? I believe the Manchester bomber had just returned from Syria only a few days before carrying out the attack..

Very sad to see what's happened.

It now seems that the van veered into people on London Bridge, then three men got out of the van and started stabbing people.
    Co-ordinated with attacks in Borough and Vauxhall.

Edit: now reporting Vauxhall incident is unrelated. Hell of a co-incidence, then.

I read the van used in the London Bridge attack then stopped at borough market and three men jumped out and coldly but calmly started stabbing random people.

Also something about the police denying the Vauxhall attack was targeting M16. It's clearly coordinated.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Why were nationals who left to fight for ISIS allowed to return? Are these attacks now happening because of that decision? I believe the Manchester bomber had just returned from Syria only a few days before carrying out the attack..

Very sad to see what's happened.
    I am quite liberal, but I think that it should be a criminal offence for any UK citizen to travel to the country without prior approval. We cannot say whether the, apparently, three people involved had travelled to Syria. If they have, then there is a sad pattern evolving and, in the interests of public safety, any person that has been to Syria in the last 24 months (unless for family/business reasons) should be detained and questioned until the motives of their visit have been ascertained.

It now seems that the van veered into people on London Bridge, then three men got out of the van and started stabbing people.
    Co-ordinated with attacks in Borough and Vauxhall.

Edit: now reporting Vauxhall incident is unrelated. Hell of a co-incidence, then.
    I think it's possible that it is a coincidence. There are frequently stabbings in London.

Apparently a 17 year old was stabbed to death earlier today. It is common in London so it may be a coincidence.

The Sun (I know) reporting that upto 7 dead, 20 injured and that there were 5 terrorists involved.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/371733...sponse-latest/

At the moment, 1 confirmed fatality, 20 in hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-40147014

Six dead according to the BBC. Three suspects shot dead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/0

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Six dead according to the BBC. Three suspects shot dead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/0
    Bloody hell, that changed quickly. Two major terrorist incidents within a couple of weeks.

International

Shooting the culprits won't bring back the victims and is morally wrong, as is any taking of life.

I think political leaders she attend the shot mens funerals, give condolences to their extended families and lay wreaths at the graves, just to show them we bear them no malice.

We have to talk to these people!!!!!!!