+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Teresa May "Enough is Enough"

Re: Teresa May "Enough is Enough"

It's easy to say that things would have been better with more Police but, as has already been mentioned, no number of Police would be able to stop a few terrorists in a van randomly mowing people down on our streets. Police in the community might help but it seems to me that the high number of rapid arrests after an incident suggests the Police already know who these people are and cannot do anything about them due to lack of evidence that would stand up in Court.

Any Party in opposition can easily claim the reduction in Police numbers is the reason for increasing terrorism but a government has to stand on its record. It's fine for Corbyn and Co to say Police numbers should be increased but, as many people suspect, along with more money for NHS workers, abandonment of tuition fees, various privatisations etc are purely fictitious aspirations. All of these things have to be paid for and will inevitably lead to higher taxes, higher interest rates and probably more unemployment to name a few.

As I said earlier Corbyn has a poor record of dealing with terrorists and the thought of John McDonnel (who wants to disarm Police) and Diane Abbot (who wants DNA databases to be wiped clean) looking after the security of this country is beyond comprehension.

Of course the Tories record is not unblemished but I would rather have them dealing with security issues than the other three mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    As I said earlier Corbyn has a poor record of dealing with terrorists
    Other than the Saudi stuff, May is trying to stop an inquiry into the foreign funding of support of UK jihadi groups being published.

and the thought of John McDonnel (who wants to disarm Police) and
    He denies it, though I probably don't believe him. It would never happen, thankfully.

Diane Abbot (who wants DNA databases to be wiped clean) looking after the security of this country is beyond comprehension.
    Did she say she wants them wiped completely? Or just for innocent people? That is surely not unreasonable.

It's easy to say that things would have been better with more Police but, as has already been mentioned, no number of Police would be able to stop a few terrorists in a van randomly mowing people down on our streets. Police in the community might help but it seems to me that the high number of rapid arrests after an incident suggests the Police already know who these people are and cannot do anything about them due to lack of evidence that would stand up in Court.

Any Party in opposition can easily claim the reduction in Police numbers is the reason for increasing terrorism but a government has to stand on its record. It's fine for Corbyn and Co to say Police numbers should be increased but, as many people suspect, along with more money for NHS workers, abandonment of tuition fees, various privatisations etc are purely fictitious aspirations. All of these things have to be paid for and will inevitably lead to higher taxes, higher interest rates and probably more unemployment to name a few.

As I said earlier Corbyn has a poor record of dealing with terrorists and the thought of John McDonnel (who wants to disarm Police) and Diane Abbot (who wants DNA databases to be wiped clean) looking after the security of this country is beyond comprehension.

Of course the Tories record is not unblemished but I would rather have them dealing with security issues than the other three mentioned.
    In 2009 the Tories claimed that Labour were responsible for the world financial crisis which they patently weren't but they won an election on the back of it as most people bought into the idea.A brilliant stragedy by the Tories.On this issue now it seems the tables are turned politically speaking and this week she's neck deep in the brown stuff. I fully expect all the political parties to ram this home because even if people can't bring themselves to vote for Corbin theres no doubt that at the moment the government are on the ropes.

There isn't a debate on which leader would be better for the country in regard to our image in the world.

Corbyn wins hands down as a pacifist and that'd be the main reason I would vote for him.

I don't think terrorism will be defeated by strong arm tactics. That is the reason why we are where we are.

Not only is it about intelligence gathering but the human connection between vulnerable youths and UK government/society. A lack of that connection could allow for a vulnerable person to be told that police/UK government/UK armed forces are anti-muslim and have this backed up with distortion of media reports, which can lead to anger and hate and again increase the odds of taking part in an attack.

It's very easy for opposition to say but maybe we can listen to the police/anti-terror groups who have also said cuts = being asked to do much more with much less.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    There isn't a debate on which leader would be better for the country in regard to our image in the world.

Corbyn wins hands down as a pacifist and that'd be the main reason I would vote for him.

I don't think terrorism will be defeated by strong arm tactics. That is the reason why we are where we are.
    Sometimes you are capable of great posts....just sometimes.
    Agree totally with the above. Our Governments never learn though.