+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teresa May "Enough is Enough"

Re: Teresa May "Enough is Enough"

Surprised a few on here aren't calling for a few nukes to get sent out

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Yes,it's all the Torys fault but don't worry, Corbyn will sort it.
    Corbyn will stop selling arms to ISIS supporting nations for one

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Surprised a few on here aren't calling for a few nukes to get sent out
    Don't give them ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    "Where's the space going to come from to detain them all?

There is an estimated number of around 700 jihadis that left the UK for Syria etc - some of whom have come back, and a further 3000 on the watch list.

NET immigration last year was 270,000 - so we'll use the same 'space' we used for them.

Your solution please Eric ?
    More police working on surveillance.

The police have foiled many plots but the cuts have really harmed their ability to do so

"Where's the space going to come from to detain them all?

There is an estimated number of around 700 jihadis that left the UK for Syria etc - some of whom have come back, and a further 3000 on the watch list.

NET immigration last year was 270,000 - so we'll use the same 'space' we used for them.

Your solution please Eric ?
    I don't have an immediate solution. When you referred to detaining, I presumed you were talking about prison detention, where of course, there isn't enough room.

You also can't deport jihadi UK citizens as it's their right to live here.

Eric do you not think if we can handle can extra 273,000 people a year (based on last years figures), we can put the 3000 on the watched list somewhere ?
    The two things are entirely different. You're talking about detaining 3000 people somewhere and keeping them under observation. We don't do that with immigrants. I'll ask again where are you going to detain them? Not prisons are there isn't the room. Suppose you detain them under the mental health act - where are they going to be detained? Mental health support is in crisis, where's the staffing going to come from?

It's all well and good saying we need to detain them, but actually being able to do so is not easy once you think things through properly.

Eric do you not think if we can handle can extra 273,000 people a year (based on last years figures), we can put the 3000 on the watched list somewhere ?

I also didnt talk about deportation of UK citizens did I ? , I cerytainly think though that if you hold a UK passport and choose to live here - you need to abide by certain rules. So people kill others in the name of religion shuld be put in the same bracket as those who do it due to mental illness ?

If you are mentally ill and a threat - like Liam Brady etc - then you should be detained until deemed mentally safe to be let back into society.
    Arsenal bastard

I also didnt talk about deportation of UK citizens did I ? , I cerytainly think though that if you hold a UK passport and choose to live here - you need to abide by certain rules. So people kill others in the name of religion shuld be put in the same bracket as those who do it due to mental illness ?

If you are mentally ill and a threat - like Liam Brady etc - then you should be detained until deemed mentally safe to be let back into society.
    That's a bit unfair. He might have been a bit wild in midfield on occasion - I did witness him making some very late tackles, but in general he always managed to complete a game without getting sent off. 'Mentally ill and a threat' is a bit strong, even if he was an Arsenal player. From what I saw of him he was certainly more deemed 'mentally safe to be let back into society' than say Dennis Wise, Robbie Savage or even Vinnie Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The two things are entirely different. You're talking about detaining 3000 people somewhere and keeping them under observation. We don't do that with immigrants. I'll ask again where are you going to detain them? Not prisons are there isn't the room. Suppose you detain them under the mental health act - where are they going to be detained? Mental health support is in crisis, where's the staffing going to come from?

It's all well and good saying we need to detain them, but actually being able to do so is not easy once you think things through properly.
    3000 people detained who, a percentage at least, have not yet fully committed to terror and the dangerous ideology which sparks that idea. I wonder if that will help them or push them into solidifying their still potentially extremist views?

We accept all on a basic level, we challenge the ideas which lead to extremism and we don't arm those (ideas or weapons) that wish to hurt us.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Yes,it's all the Torys fault but don't worry, Corbyn will sort it.
    Corbyn would be more likely to invite the terrorists for tea in the House of Commons than actually deal with the problem as history suggests that man and one or two of his sidekicks have a history of supporting terrorist organisations and voting against any government legislation to tighten laws dealing with terrorism. Corbyn once boasted that in 30 years of voting as an MP he hasn't once voted in favour of any legislation to tighten laws governing government security to deal with those who want to attack us.

On the other hand Theresa May's record is not entirely unblemished but my judgement is that she is more likely to grapple with the problem than the man who regards terrorists as his friend.

The Police had arrived on the scene and shot dead all 3 of those c unts within 8 minutes.
    In your world there would be lots of them walking the streets waiting for something to happen - rather than responding in force within minutes of it happening.

I'm not a politician nor a Policeman, but it seems the Police would rather have technology over feet on the beat, same goes for the armed forces as well. Would you rather men on the ground getting killed or a drone attack ? - I know where I would invest the money if it were me.
    So why do so many senior Police Officers complain about overstretch and cuts in force levels ?

Technology is fine but cameras don't have to go and confront maniacs. We all know the bobby on the beat you describe hasn't
    existed since Dixon of Dock Green.

I see you deflect the criticism of May I made but most people want more coppers as a visible deterrent and to reassure them.

The Tories used to say that but now all they care about is austerity and keeping the rich happy. Cyunts.

The Police had arrived on the scene and shot dead all 3 of those c unts within 8 minutes.
    In your world there would be lots of them walking the streets waiting for something to happen - rather than responding in force within minutes of it happening.

I'm not a politician nor a Policeman, but it seems the Police would rather have technology over feet on the beat, same goes for the armed forces as well. Would you rather men on the ground getting killed or a drone attack ? - I know where I would invest the money if it were me.
    If that attack happened in Cardiff or Swansea, or Newport, or Pontypridd - do you think there'd be a response in 8 minutes with armed police?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Corbyn would be more likely to invite the terrorists for tea in the House of Commons than actually deal with the problem as history suggests that man and one or two of his sidekicks have a history of supporting terrorist organisations and voting against any government legislation to tighten laws dealing with terrorism. Corbyn once boasted that in 30 years of voting as an MP he hasn't once voted in favour of any legislation to tighten laws governing government security to deal with those who want to attack us.

On the other hand Theresa May's record is not entirely unblemished but my judgement is that she is more likely to grapple with the problem than the man who regards terrorists as his friend.
    She was the Home Secretary when Police numbers were slashed. There have been 3 attacks and 30 deaths in the last 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    This is a good place to start, officially recognise ALL religion as an important but fictional man made part of our history, ban faith schools and have no religious education subjects in any schools. It can however be an option or module as part of history courses.

The fact that we have to be tolerant to intolerance beliefs even tho the vast majority of educated people now identify as atheist or agnostic is a bit of a joke.

It is no coincidence that the most peaceful societies on earth are the least religious, and considering a large proportion of terror is now home bred, hopefully we can help advance the growth of open minded and balanced youngsters that are currently coming through the system without poisoning their minds.
    Why should other religions suffer because of the intolerance of Muslims.
    People have taken the p!ssh out if Christianity for decades - Jerry Springer the musical, monty pythons meaning of life and so much more. Sure Christians would have been p!ssed off, they may have protested, but try doing the same with Islam and you would have a holy war. Every cartoonist who has dared to mock Islam or the prophet Mo has a fatwah issued upon them. Many have been killed.
    I don't recall seeing Buddhists going crazy, when comedians call Buddha a fat b'stard.
    The problem worldwide is with Islam.
    From June 15 to Sept 16. There were at least 2500 killed worldwide in over 150 separate terrorist attacks in 29 different countries worldwide.
    Is that the fault of western foreign policy or just the excuse that the likes of the juvenile self centric clown that is Corbyn will have you believe.
    He is giving these hate filled creatures an excuse, when what they do worldwide is inexcusable.
    To say their actions has nothing to do with Islam is a case of total denial. It has everything to do with Islam.
    Islam is littered with atrocities from the day Mo realised that the Jews didn't agree with his new religion. The only time of relative Islamic peace was from the 1920's, when the great Turkish leader, Ataturk made Turkey a secular state. A few years later, the Muslim Brotherhood declared that Islam would rule the world within 100 years.
    The dangerous events going on around the world, with the most dangerous man on the planet (and there a few of those at the moment, Erdogan now making Turkey a non secular state, along with tens of millions of Muslims moving, some would say quietly invading, Europe, North America, Australia, New Zealand and Japan - traditionally non Muslim countries. Why would so many who do not want to integrate choose to live in a non Muslim country, when there are so many Muslim countries around the world they could live in, that fits in with their beliefs, values, cultures and traditions.
    I accept there are some amazing Muslims around the world. It is not those people that should concern us, but the millions who may be radicalised or militant or support those who are, those that laugh at the videos of young girls screaming on fear at the.Manchester concert or the footage of London last night, or the Bataclan or.....
    Further there will be those may not necessarily enjoy those things, but will agree with the motives or that non Muslims are lower than pigs, especially if they worship false prophets such as pop stars.
    Islam is one crazy mixed up religion with so many factions that they have killed each other from the inception of the religion and will do so until one group kills all others.
    As I say, there are peaceful and wonderful Muslims everywhere, such as Sheikh Imam Tawhidi in Australia who states the truth about Islam (check him out on you tube), but their voices are too quiet compared to the maelstrom of hate from the millions around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Surely additional presence on the streets would help prevent all crime, not just terrorism? I.e. if you see a policeman a few streets away you're going to think twice about mugging someone
    Not these guys , yes muggers ,would think twice , but for these nutters more police would become more targetso, and victim, and a new headline , nah this us about spending money differently , like monitoring the web, looking closely at asylum entries, whose flying in and out .Getting deeply involved with the Muslim community.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Corbyn will stop selling arms to ISIS supporting nations for one
    That won't fix anything, someone will always sell arms to you , the question you might pose whose arming them, this group didn't appear from nowhere, arrmed and able to control financially large parts of the middle east.

Proxy wars are afoot just chose a side.

Yep enough is enough ,let's fix it, not paper over it .

I don't have an immediate solution. When you referred to detaining, I presumed you were talking about prison detention, where of course, there isn't enough room.

How about our right not to be blown up or stabbed to death?

Of course you don't have a solution, you never do.
    You're just like the clueless clown Corbyn. Everything is our fault due to western foreign policy, when Muslims are attacking each other and non Muslims around the whole world. How on earth is that the fault of western foreign policy.
    There is only one common denominator. One. That is Islam.
    The solutions are multi factored, but one has to be deportation of those and their families who come from a different country and the indefinite detainment of those, born in this country, who support in any way any hostility towards UK citizens.
    You cannot play softball with these as their reasons will change like the wind, but their motives and intentions remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

Does May and Tories not meet with terrorists or those acting in an inhuman way? David Davis was on Andrew Marr and was caught out when it was shown he had met with people we now consider evil regimes.

In the same programme he said that we must learn the lessons from previous invasions, but what lessons have we already learnt? If you haven't learnt that a lack of plan afterwards creates dis-harmony and a breeding ground for hateful ideologies from Iraq or Afghanistan then you haven't paid attention.....Yet aren't we already signed up to Trump's next military action without putting it to Westminster under May?

May's seeking to go after the internet but it won't catch up with the terrorists while her cuts and demoralising of police forces has been said to have made it harder to capture intelligence on the ground.

Corbyn may not be the strongest on this matter but May and Tories really aren't either. If you believe Corbyn sees them as friends then you haven't decided to vote on a real matter but on a Tory line.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Of course you don't have a solution, you never do.
    You're just like the clueless clown Corbyn. Everything is our fault due to western foreign policy, when Muslims are attacking each other and non Muslims around the whole world. How on earth is that the fault of western foreign policy.
    There is only one common denominator. One. That is Islam.
    The solutions are multi factored, but one has to be deportation of those and their families who come from a different country and the indefinite detainment of those, born in this country, who support in any way any hostility towards UK citizens.
    You cannot play softball with these as their reasons will change like the wind, but their motives and intentions remain the same.
    Your idea of softball seems to be a nuanced and considered response. The thing that is needed for such a multifaceted problem.

I believe the attacks in London and Manchester in the last few months would have happened whichever party was in Government, but, surely, saying "enough is enough" on any subject carries the implication that not enough has been done in the past?

We are now in a position where people have come forward to say that they had reported the person responsible for the Manchester deaths and one of those responsible for Saturday's attack beforehand and it seems nothing was done about it. Put this against a backdrop where a former policemen is interviewed on Sky News specifically blaming the Governing party for failures in policing and a sizeable decrease in the number of police officers under the Prime Minister's watch during and after her time as Home Secretary and it would hardly be a surprise if people started to think not enough has been done in the past.

Where as you used to have a Bobby on the beat of every street corner - you no longer need to do this. You can have a few coppers looking at banks of cameras and then sending the Police to that area if and when a problem occurs - isnt that a better way of doing things than just having a Policeman or woman wandering the streets ?
    No.
    Public like Police on the streets and there are 20,000 less of them since the party of law and order came into power.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    So basically you think cutting visible policing is a good thing in order to save money ?

Not many takers for that idea I'm guessing.
    A Bobby on the beat can do little about a nail bomb going off in a crowded area or a van hurtling at pedestrians at 40mph

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A Bobby on the beat can do little about a nail bomb going off in a crowded area or a van hurtling at pedestrians at 40mph
    Maybe more bobbies on the beat would lead to a situation where potential terrorists are identified more quickly than they are now?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    No they can't but I have to point out that the cuts the Tories made has had a staggering effect on the intelligence received at a local level.It has all but dried up completely.A sad fact that is not now disputed by many Tories.The speech the PM made at the 2010 police conference as well as the replies she ignored are now biting her on the bum big time.