+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnny Hayes again?

Johnny Hayes again?

£1.2m offer in according to Sky?

Re: Johnny Hayes again?

Twitter is full of Celtic fans hoping we get him instead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Twitter is full of Celtic fans hoping we get him instead of them.
    I've watched him a couple of times post January transfer window and just don't see it either

He's picked up a hell of a lot of assists though, perhaps he's an old fashioned crossing winger, and that's the way Warnock wants to play.

Sounds a lot of money for a 29 year old who may or may not cut it. Plus we already got players who can play in that position.

He's picked up a hell of a lot of assists though, perhaps he's an old fashioned crossing winger, and that's the way Warnock wants to play.
    With Sam Gallagher (6'4") and that midfielder from the Belgian league (6'5")we were linked with recently, plus Zohore it's looking like a basketball side that Warnocks trying to assemble so good delivery will be vital if that's the case.
    If you haven't got the cash to play your way to promotion maybe you need to go unorthodox?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    With Sam Gallagher (6'4") and that midfielder from the Belgian league (6'5")we were linked with recently, plus Zohore it's looking like a basketball side that Warnocks trying to assemble so good delivery will be vital if that's the case.
    If you haven't got the cash to play your way to promotion maybe you need to go unorthodox?
    Height , power and strength play a big part in a lot of of sides, in particular the Championship where set pieces are crucial and can get you out of jail.

If you watch Mourinho'so sides they are all big lads.

I would say those Celtic fans not happy with trying to sign Hayes are probably looking at it being a case of if we sign him, we don't get Patrick Roberts.

I honestly don't know enough about him either way to have an opinion - the only thing I know for certain is that he will be thirty by the time the season starts and that seems old for a position where pace can be a very important asset.

Warnock must want this lad badly and lets be fair even at 29 has several years ahead of him and this opportunity is probably his last chance to get to the top table with a team like us.I'd take him as 1.2m isn't a lot these days and in my view represents at least as much value as Noone.It wouldn't be too difficult for him to be more consistent either.

Does he score goals as well

Thanks but no thanks

Well as far as Celtic are concerned we'll know today.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/05...ayes-deal-hij/

Leeds played getting a lot of crosses into Chris wood and it was pretty effective at this level.

High crosses from wide positions are deeply unfashionable at the moment, as statistically it is a less successful option than cutting back and getting into the box. However I wonder if it has become so rare now that it is becoming worthwhile focusing on it again as teams aren't as versed in defending it.

Leeds played getting a lot of crosses into Chris wood and it was pretty effective at this level.

High crosses from wide positions are deeply unfashionable at the moment, as statistically it is a less successful option than cutting back and getting into the box. However I wonder if it has become so rare now that it is becoming worthwhile focusing on it again as teams aren't as versed in defending it.
    Add into the mix Gunnarsson's and Halfords long throws too then a box full of giants would cause all sorts of problems

Aberdeen trying to up the price with an auction. Celtic told to up their bid from £1.2 million. If that's what they want best for Coty to pull the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Aberdeen trying to up the price with an auction. Celtic told to up their bid from £1.2 million. If that's what they want best for Coty to pull the plug.
    We won't pay over the odds for anyone, mainly because we can't afford to!

Am I the only who keeps reading this as Johnny Haynes and thinking he must be too old for us now?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Am I the only who keeps reading this as Johnny Haynes and thinking he must be too old for us now?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Does he score goals as well
    He will after Tan tells him to shoot more.

Or whether he's still alive?

I've doing the same.

Still a class footballer on £100 a week ? Snap him up ( or dig him up ).

International

No. When I saw the thread I thought it was another RIP.