+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ICC cricket champions trophy

ICC cricket champions trophy

Anyone else enjoying this tournament.
    The Aussies must be sweating with this rain delay. I would love it if it gets rained off
    I know India's batsmen were outstanding yesterday, but I fancy New Zealand as an outside bet. You can get 8-1 on them. I think they will beat us tomorrow.
    On a side note. Was any of you lot lucky enough to get tickets for tomorrows game? I wasen't

Re: ICC cricket champions trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    The Aussies must be sweating with this rain delay. I would love it if it gets rained off
    I know India's batsmen were outstanding yesterday, but I fancy New Zealand as an outside bet. You can get 8-1 on them. I think they will beat us tomorrow.
    On a side note. Was any of you lot lucky enough to get tickets for tomorrows game? I wasen't
    taking my youngest to a ICC womans world cup game at taunton , New Zealand V Pakistan

Going tomorrow, this weather needs to move on sharpish.

Didnt try to get tickets for tomorrow but have got tickets for the Cardiff semifinal next week.

First Team

I too like the look of the black caps.
    That said India are looking so strong. I cannot see anyone beating them outside of 'one of days'.
    That would be a cracking final.

I have tickets to tomorrow's game. Taking my dad down there.

They sold out relatively quick but extra tickets went on sale early 2017 and we're on sale until relatively recently.

The weather looks very mixed. Hopefully we have a few hours at a time of dry weather.

Going alright here. Hope they get a game in, can't deal with relying on us beating the Aussies.

New Zealand could win from here New Zealand need 159 runs to win from 21.3 overs , of them a lot of spinners will be sued ,eeeek

Sounds like we could have another dodgy Cardiff wicket.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    its a ground if someone gets an eye in he can move the score along ,and our spinners are not the most containing, 158 - for 3 wickets (30.4 overs) now

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dont think so, the dodgy wicket popped from the start. Swann is saying that the Cardiff wicket can pop if you bowl cross seam, and hit the seam at the right angle. Which is what happens if you bowl crossed seam.

The pitch was always 2 paced, and the cross seamer emphasise this. It didnt look a dodgy pitch when England posted 300+ on it.

I can only watch cricket on highlights shows now, so I'm just going by what they are saying on the radio for now.

Bloody hell we won ,once we had WillIamson it's game over, bring on the wind.

easy in the end,

First Team

There were no horrors in that wicket to my eye. It gave the bowlers a chance but there were runs in it as well, as long as you didn't shuffle around the crease with no purpose.
    On the negative side, I talked up NZ and showed exactly why I don't gamble. I bet the Indian team will want me to delete my earlier post about them being potential winners now.

England have a great chance to put the Aussies out of the tournament by beating them on Saturday,

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    There were no horrors in that wicket to my eye. It gave the bowlers a chance but there were runs in it as well, as long as you didn't shuffle around the crease with no purpose.
    On the negative side, I talked up NZ and showed exactly why I don't gamble. I bet the Indian team will want me to delete my earlier post about them being potential winners now.
    I put £10 on NZ to win the tournament yesterday It's still possible, but now relying on England beating the Aussies to be in with half a chance. The downside being even if they do get through the chances are they will have to play India in the semi's.

Sri Lanka threatening to blow the second group wide open, they need seventy three off ten overs to beat India with seven wickets standing.

Excellent effort from Sri Lanka. They coasted it in the end.
    India's problem being they rely too much on their batting.
    Any one of 5 or 6 teams can still win this. Maybe, just maybe it could be us

Tremendous effort from England today, especially the knocks from Morgan and Stokes.
    How good is Ben Stokes? I'd have him down as the best all rounder in the world today.
    Is he better than Botham was? I think its a tough call because Stokes is a far better batsman than Botham was, but Botham was a far better bowler. If anything I would have them down as different types of all rounders. Botham was a bowler who could bat, and Stokes is a batsman who can bowl.
    The closest cricketer I can compare to Stokes is Jacques Kaliis, but I wouldn't put him in Kallis's class just yet.