+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: LeFondre signs for Bolton.

LeFondre signs for Bolton.

Re: LeFondre signs for Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Bolton Wanderers is my spiritual home at the moment....".

Passhun.

Cost us a transfer fee of around £2m (& a significant amount in wages) & we got 3 goals in return, very poor value for money!

Thank f--k for that I say. Now watch him score against next season.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    Maybe but since he has been with us he has had loans spells in the Championship with Wigan & Wolves and has not done very well at either club

TFFT

Another OGS legend moves on when will this end .

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    Is bound to against us just like Cameron Jerone

At least its saved us £75k in wages make that £92,600

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    At least its saved us £75k in wages make that £92,600
    A week??

No £25k a week, 26 days left on his contract when he signed for Bolton.
    Multiply £25k by 52 divide by 365, x 26 = £92600
    Sorry to be so pedantic

Sorry to be so pedantic
    You know football is fcuked when Adam Le Fondre earns more in a week than lots of people earn in a year.

Sorry to be so pedantic

I think we can safely assume that any contract which Bolton agrees with Le Fondre will take effect from 1 July 2017 which will mean that we will not save a penny

No, he has officially signed for Bolton, city gave him a free transfer, therefore no more wages for him from when he signed for Bolton

No, he has officially signed for Bolton, city gave him a free transfer, therefore no more wages for him from when he signed for Bolton
    Why would Bolton pay Cardiff £92,600 when they don't need to? He was always going to sign for them. I seriously doubt anyone else was chasing his signature (certainly not in the Championship). Aren't most signings of players whose contracts end on 30 June and announced in May or June done with effect from 1st July? You may be right but it makes no sense to me - especially for a club still under a transfer embargo and careful of every penny.

Thanks for everything Adam, I still fondly remember that time you........

Gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why would Bolton pay Cardiff £92,600 when they don't need to? He was always going to sign for them. I seriously doubt anyone else was chasing his signature (certainly not in the Championship). Aren't most signings of players whose contracts end on 30 June and announced in May or June done with effect from 1st July? You may be right but it makes no sense to me - especially for a club still under a transfer embargo and careful of every penny.
    Jon, he signed permanently Yesterday afternoon, so whatever wages we were paying him has stopped from then, I may be wrong with the figures but as we gave him a free Bolton had no need to wait until July 1st. as his contract ended yesterday.

Doesn't 'giving a free transfer' mean paying off the rest of the contract? Or at least coming to an agreement about it.

Jon, he signed permanently Yesterday afternoon, so whatever wages we were paying him has stopped from then, I may be wrong with the figures but as we gave him a free Bolton had no need to wait until July 1st. as his contract ended yesterday.
    I'd be surprised if any modern footballer, who is still entitled to getting on for £100k from his old club under the terms of the contract he had there, would voluntarily waive such a sum - I would have thought that he would be getting at least a portion of that money under the terms of the deal that allowed him to leave a few weeks early.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd be surprised if any modern footballer, who is still entitled to getting on for £100k from his old club under the terms of the contract he had there, would voluntarily waive such a sum - I would have thought that he would be getting at least a portion of that money under the terms of the deal that allowed him to leave a few weeks early.
    I think that is the case, assuming he is taking a massive wage cut at Bolton he would never pass up the cash.

You are so incorrect it hurts my head.

You constantly make rubbish up and state it as fact, City will be paying him the full amount his contract his worth.