+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighting terrorism not supporting it

Fighting terrorism not supporting it

Re: Fighting terrorism not supporting it

Interesting post can't wait for the comments.

I would absolutely love to lose all of my human rights, where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I would absolutely love to lose all of my human rights, where do I sign up?
    Which part of "some human rights" are you struggling with?

Nothing more than a cynical attempt to grab votes from your ukip types. If I'm not mistaken, all but one of the ten terrorists attackers since 2005 were UK born.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I have a problem with this one.

"And I mean doing more to restrict the freedom and the movements of terrorist suspects when we have enough evidence to know they are a threat, but not enough evidence to prosecute them in full in court."

Here's why. The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regula...owers_Act_2000 was brought in under the same pretext. But instead it's been routinely used for minor incidents...

Councils launch eight spying ops on Brits A DAY using RIPA
    Law designed for spooks, used against smokers - https://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/0...gbrotherwatch/

It is weird how easy it is to just change these kind of laws but how hard it is to change the laws that allow millionaires to avoid paying tax.

This is the Theresa we know and love from her Home Secretary days. Internet censorship, elimination of encryption and the destruction of human rights. Just like with the Snoopers Charter, she always returns to her old themes.

She was very wise to deliver this speech to a specially selected group of party members in a sealed off area. And not one Strong & Stable banner in sight

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It is weird how easy it is to just change these kind of laws but how hard it is to change the laws that allow millionaires to avoid paying tax.
    What I find weird is that a man who has boasted that he has opposed anti terror legislation since he came to parliament in 1983 can claim that he has the best interests of our country at heart

You either support terrorism or you fight it. It's utterly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    What I find weird is that a man who has boasted that he has opposed anti terror legislation since he came to parliament in 1983 can claim that he has the best interests of our country at heart
    Depends on his motivation I guess. If (as it appears now) 'anti terror laws' just refers to knee-jerk broad sweeping powers that will a) make no difference and b) be abused, then I agree with him. If it means locking people up without trial just because they are a bit suspicious, then I agree with him.

If you truly believe he voted against it because he 'loves terrorists' then feel free to stick your x wherever you feel is suitable.

How are you fighting terrorism?

That's what Tony Blair said while waving his sexed up dossier in front of parliament.

Depends on his motivation I guess. If (as it appears now) 'anti terror laws' just refers to knee-jerk broad sweeping powers that will a) make no difference and b) be abused, then I agree with him. If it means locking people up without trial just because they are a bit suspicious, then I agree with him.

If you truly believe he voted against it because he 'loves terrorists' then feel free to stick your x wherever you feel is suitable.

Corbyn invited IRA leaders to the House of Commons immediately after the Brighton Bombing, he referred to Hamas & Hezbollah as his friends & despite numerous requests he has consistently refused to condemn the IRA.

In addition John McDonnell thinks that Bobby Sands & co should be honoured & Diane Abbott wanted the British state to be defeated in Northern Ireland.

I don't know about you but I think that there is more than enough evidence there to make a sound judgement on their attitudes towards terrorists.

Corbyn invited IRA leaders to the House of Commons immediately after the Brighton Bombing, he referred to Hamas & Hezbollah as his friends & despite numerous requests he has consistently refused to condemn the IRA.

In addition John McDonnell thinks that Bobby Sands & co should be honoured & Diane Abbott wanted the British state to be defeated in Northern Ireland.

I don't know about you but I think that there is more than enough evidence there to make a sound judgement on their attitudes towards terrorists.
    All governments and the opposition parties are in contact with unsavery groups. Thatcher was in contact with the IRA and the ANC when they were a banned terrorist organisation. It is part of the job of being a politician.

Or you pretend to fight terrorism whilst you're really intent on stripping away the privacy and civil liberties of your own citizens. What's utterly clear to all except the deliberately blind is you don't fight terrorism by being huge chums with the creator of ISIS and flog them billions worth of arms some of which are given directly to ISIS. Corbyn hasn't clocked this particular Tyrannosaurus rex in the telephone box which suggests he's controlled opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Or you pretend to fight terrorism whilst you're really intent on stripping away the privacy and civil liberties of your own citizens. What's utterly clear to all except the deliberately blind is you don't fight terrorism by being huge chums with the creator of ISIS and flog them billions worth of arms some of which are given directly to ISIS. Corbyn hasn't clocked this particular Tyrannosaurus rex in the telephone box which suggests he's controlled opposition.
    Jeez.

Blog Entries

It's painful to watch isn't it.

Just be clear, do you think Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott and John McDonnell want the terrorists to kill us all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    It's painful to watch isn't it.
    I'm never quite sure whether the Chameleon Cwmbranistani is as daft as he portrays himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    All governments and the opposition parties are in contact with unsavery groups. Thatcher was in contact with the IRA and the ANC when they were a banned terrorist organisation. It is part of the job of being a politician.
    Apart from Corbyn, McDonnell & Abbott do you know of any other senior UK politicians who have referred to terrorist groups as their friends, stood in silence to honour dead IRA terrorists, refuse to condemn the IRA despite being asked on numerous occasions, praised the IRA & advocate honouring them or say that they wanted the British State defeated?

I am sorry but to suggest that a backbench MP like Corbyn had links with these organisations for any reason other than to suck up to them is laughable. Corbyn & McDonnell are republicans, can you work out the link?

Apart from Corbyn, McDonnell & Abbott do you know of any other senior UK politicians who have referred to terrorist groups as their friends, stood in silence to honour dead IRA terrorists, refuse to condemn the IRA despite being asked on numerous occasions, praised the IRA & advocate honouring them or say that they wanted the British State defeated?

I am sorry but to suggest that a backbench MP like Corbyn had links with these organisations for any reason other than to suck up to them is laughable. Corbyn & McDonnell are republicans, can you work out the link?
    Lot's of people are republicans, as will be seen when it's time for the queen to hand on the batton to Charles. Personally I can take it or leave it when it comes to the royals, but I can only see republicanism getting stronger in the future.

Just be clear, do you think Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott and John McDonnell want the terrorists to kill us all?
    Which terrorist groups are you on about & where have I even come close to suggesting that they 'want the terrorists to kill us all'?

Blog Entries

I'm never quite sure whether the Chameleon Cwmbranistani is as daft as he portrays himself.
    Huh?

Nick = Croesy.