+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CALLUM PATERSON SIGNED

Re: CALLUM PATERSON SIGNED

i think this lad may well impressive even our skeptical fans, as long as hes as good as Malone were fine

Re: Another new signing

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Callum Patterson.

Not heard any prior rumours about this feller, can play right back and as a striker.
    He could be the new Bale, a full-back and a striker.

Re: Paterson signs

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Maybe or assuming Manga leaves, Peltier could be used as part of a back 3 with Jazz providing competition for both full back positions
    Possibly although I dont see us using a back three with wing backs very often considering we have signed a winger and also after another one. Definitely an option though.

Interesting background

Paterson's father is Scottish and his mother is from Zimbabwe.
    His maternal grandmother is South African.
    Paterson was born in London and moved from there to Scotland when he was three years old.
    He grew up in South Queens ferry
    He is the cousin of fellow footballer Michael Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's been in light training. 6-9 months is June - September, and apparently he is ahead of schedule. I doubt we'll see him start the season but hopefully we see him sooner rather than later!
    We have form in signing injured players department. Lets hope he doesnt turn into a Ricky Lambert or a Dikgacoi.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Possibly although I dont see us using a back three with wing backs very often considering we have signed a winger and also after another one. Definitely an option though.
    Or if this guy is pacy and scores goals, try him out as a winger...

Regardless, we've now got more flexibility in how we approach games.

Peltier - Morrison - Bamba
    Patterson - Gunnarsson - Ralls - Bennett
    Hoilett whoever
    Zohore

Blue in the Face

Haven't been this excited about a signing since OGS.

I wonder if Peltier is viewed by Neil as a centre back now in any system? Not sure Peltier at full back is Warnock's ideal.

That said, after reading a bit more on Patterson, I hadn't realised he can play further up the field. I've only seen him play at RB and RWB. He seems a bit of a uitlity player which is terrific.

He leaves the Jambos with seemingly unanimous good will and praise too...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....joins-cardiff/

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Kev agrees.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Hoilett whoever
    Zohore
    As I was alluding to in my previous post that formation youve put up doesnt include Mendez Laing or Hayes who are more traditional wide men. So whilst there may be a game Warnock feels 3-4-2-1 is necessary I dont see that being very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

I wonder if Peltier is viewed by Neil as a centre back now in any system? Not sure Peltier at full back is Warnock's ideal.

That said, after reading a bit more on Patterson, I hadn't realised he can play further up the field. I've only seen him play at RB and RWB. He seems a bit of a uitlity player which is terrific.

Some excellent comments in that thread, not always the way when a well respected player leaves.

Dr funk..??

Is he a plenally taker ?

34 goals in 130 odd game is cracking for a full back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callum_Paterson

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Some excellent comments in that thread, not always the way when a well respected player leaves.

Dr funk..??
    Could be a reference to Funkadelic / Parliment? Dr. Funkenstein? Mental live show if you ever get the chance to see them and they still have James Brown's bass player.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

Cracking volley in the video link in that thread - even with a floodlight pylon in the way.

I'm also excited by this signing, it's a bit of a concern that he has had more than one long term injury and he is still only 22, but it seems to be accepted now that when the type of injury he has now heals, the knee is stronger than it was before.

Some encouraging comments in the thread - I see he is yet another City player with a long throw.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Tara to manga it seems
    Manga is a center half whereas Patterson is a right back

We seem to have had a few players over the years on the back of knee or joint injuries.
    Ccmb legend etien Velikonja for one was very highly rated before he did his cruciate ligament, even though we didn't use him.
    I'm sure there are a few others too that we might not have been able to sign if it wasn't for an injury. I think there were a handful of others, but I can't think of any.

Cardiff has the largest orthopaedic department in the UK, so I wonder if we have any good looks there that lets us go for these players with lower risk than other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Is he a plenally taker ?

34 goals in 130 odd game is cracking for a full back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callum_Paterson
    He's gone from being a striker to a right back but he's apparently amazing in the air, he scored 10 in 24 last season from right wing back! He's running again now, and he was all set to join Everton/West Ham in Jan before this injury. On the surface, provided he's over his injury, this looks a great signing.

No way to talk about a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Hoilett whoever
    Zohore
    If we are serious about a top 6 finish, Ralls is not good enough.

And he has a long throw!!

Sorry to piss on peoples chips but I'm not a fan of signing crocked players. He may take a long
    time to get back to his best , if he ever does.
    If you pay peanuts you get monkeys ( except OGS who paid millions and got monkeys ).

We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Cracking volley in the video link in that thread - even with a floodlight pylon in the way.

I'm also excited by this signing, it's a bit of a concern that he has had more than one long term injury and he is still only 22, but it seems to be accepted now that when the type of injury he has now heals, the knee is stronger than it was before.

Some encouraging comments in the thread - I see he is yet another City player with a long throw.

Is that right? I don't mean that in a sarky kind of way, It's just that I honestly didn't know this.

I do remember Carl Dale picking up a bad knee injury and when he came back he clearly didn't run with the same kind of movement as before - but that was a few years ago, so perhaps medical treatment of knee injuries has improved?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Yeah that goal is a bewt. I guess the injury gamble would be why we're able to get him over other clubs. It's definitely a concern.

Jambos will be happy with this story below about a sell on clause being added into the deal. Not something Hearts would've been due as these don't tend to go with u23 tribunals - the player has bargained for a good deal for his former club over a deal for himself via a boosted signing on fee. The lad sounds like a top fella.....

Hearts have secured a future sell-on fee for Callum Paterson should Cardiff City cash in on the Scotland defender.

The English Championship club will pay Hearts around £400,000 in a development fee after signing the 22-year-old youth academy graduate on a three-year contract. Paterson also requested that a sell-on clause be inserted in the deal, which is believed to be 15 per cent of any future transfer money.

The Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock confirmed the agreement to the Evening News as the right-back severed ties at Tynecastle after seven years. "I like Callum, I just got a feeling about him when I met him and I'm delighted to get him to Cardiff," said Warnock. "It’s the right time for the player and the club, and they’ve got a sell-on as well because they’ve developed him.

"I’m pleased because it’s a good club and I like Hearts. We wanted to do the right thing by them. I like Craig Levein, the director of football. We had some battles when he was at Leicester. I just think it’s a well-run club and I like the owner, Ann Budge, who has done a decent job."

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Lets hope his end product is a lot better than Kevs
    You clearly didn't see Kevs goal at the testimonial

Blue in the Face

Forgot to post the link to the above story...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...deal-1-4468817

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Is that right? I don't mean that in a sarky kind of way, It's just that I honestly didn't know this.

I do remember Carl Dale picking up a bad knee injury and when he came back he clearly didn't run with the same kind of movement as before - but that was a few years ago, so perhaps medical treatment of knee injuries has improved?
    That knee injury was probably about 25 years ago. Medical treatment of knee injuries has changed a lot since then.