+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CALLUM PATERSON SIGNED

Re: CALLUM PATERSON SIGNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Sorry to piss on peoples chips but I'm not a fan of signing crocked players. He may take a long
    time to get back to his best , if he ever does.
    If you pay peanuts you get monkeys ( except OGS who paid millions and got monkeys ).

We'll just have to wait and see.
    That's a bit unfair on OGS signings, he signed some quality players, just none of them had a clue as to what he was expecting them to do.

Re: Paterson signs

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Haven't been this excited about a signing since OGS.

I wonder if Peltier is viewed by Neil as a centre back now in any system? Not sure Peltier at full back is Warnock's ideal.

That said, after reading a bit more on Patterson, I hadn't realised he can play further up the field. I've only seen him play at RB and RWB. He seems a bit of a uitlity player which is terrific.

He leaves the Jambos with seemingly unanimous good will and praise too...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....joins-cardiff/

Those are indeed glowing tributes from Hearts fans. Seems we have a gem on our hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Is that right? I don't mean that in a sarky kind of way, It's just that I honestly didn't know this.

I do remember Carl Dale picking up a bad knee injury and when he came back he clearly didn't run with the same kind of movement as before - but that was a few years ago, so perhaps medical treatment of knee injuries has improved?
    Depends if your buying or selling

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Is that right? I don't mean that in a sarky kind of way, It's just that I honestly didn't know this.

I do remember Carl Dale picking up a bad knee injury and when he came back he clearly didn't run with the same kind of movement as before - but that was a few years ago, so perhaps medical treatment of knee injuries has improved?
    It was definitely said by Neil Warnock when Rhys Healey got his knee ligament injury and I'm fairly sure I've heard from one or two others since (Kamara on that Goals on Sunday programme?) - I've had a look online mind and the only thing I could find on the subject was something saying that dogs ligaments can heal stronger!

Someone help me out here. Paterson's getting around using a Zimmer Frame and has carers in constant attendance either side of him to help ensure that if he falls he doesn't hit the ground too hard.

How on earth did he manage to pass a medical examination?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was definitely said by Neil Warnock when Rhys Healey got his knee ligament injury and I'm fairly sure I've heard from one or two others since (Kamara on that Goals on Sunday programme?) - I've had a look online mind and the only thing I could find on the subject was something saying that dogs ligaments can heal stronger!
    It depends hugely on the specific injury. I don't​think that would be true for a number of joint injuries

According to the Hearts forum (who rate him highly btw) he insisted on a 15% sell on clause for Hearts so they can benefit in the future even though he's leaving now for free.

What a good touch on his part (cough Joe Ledley)

Shitting hell he must be fast! He says in his ccfc player interview that he likes to get on the end of his own crosses.

If that Hearts forum is anything to go by it looks as though we've got a player in Callum. Hope their confidence in him is borne out.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I read somewhere that he may be back in September. He only started running again in the last few weeks so still has some way to go
    Why? How far has he got to run? All the way from Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I read somewhere that he may be back in September. He only started running again in the last few weeks so still has some way to go
    There's a tweet (I think) with a video clip from Patterson in one of the WalesOnline articles that says:

'First day back running today since my injury! Delighted with the progress but still a long way to go 🔥💪🏼💪🏼 APRIL 24'

So he's been back running for over 6 weeks.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rdiff-13152773

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

Tony Watt has a Youtube channel called watt to watch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqd0WfSgf14

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Tony Watt has a Youtube channel called watt to watch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqd0WfSgf14
    Good job it's not called Twatt

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

Nice tweet

Hi Jambo from Edinburgh here, just a few words on CP if he recovers fully from his injury then you have picked up a real bargain. Callum has real pace and loves to get up and down the pitch and from set pieces he is brilliant in the air and the majority of his goals have come from headers although he can melt one every now and then. His only problem is his crossing if Warnock can work on that then you have the real deal.
    As i say provided he makes a full recovery you will enjoy him and he gives everything for the shirt that was the reason he picked up the injury making a tackle right in front of me that he really didn't need to make. Anyway hope you guys get promotion back to the EPL. Always had a wee soft spot for you after we paid the princely sum of £15k for Don Murray in the seventies and he helped us avoid relegation that season that's one for the oldies.

Quote Originally Posted by Raythejambo View Post
    Hi Jambo from Edinburgh here, just a few words on CP if he recovers fully from his injury then you have picked up a real bargain. Callum has real pace and loves to get up and down the pitch and from set pieces he is brilliant in the air and the majority of his goals have come from headers although he can melt one every now and then. His only problem is his crossing if Warnock can work on that then you have the real deal.
    As i say provided he makes a full recovery you will enjoy him and he gives everything for the shirt that was the reason he picked up the injury making a tackle right in front of me that he really didn't need to make. Anyway hope you guys get promotion back to the EPL. Always had a wee soft spot for you after we paid the princely sum of £15k for Don Murray in the seventies and he helped us avoid relegation that season that's one for the oldies.

Just one question, "why did you let Callum make the tackle in front of you, why didn't you make the tackle"

Cheers about Don, great servant to Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just one question, "why did you let Callum make the tackle in front of you, why didn't you make the tackle"

Cheers about Don, great servant to Cardiff City
    If i could have jumped over the barrier i would have as he was badly missed for the rest of our season and basically started our plummeting down the table. Yep loved Don no nonsense player who got stuck in big style. Hope you get promoted this year Neil Warnock is a really good manager

Thanks for that, Don Murray still lives in this area - a long. long way from his birthplace.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=du...PC7Lb6cfnCiMM:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duffus

Yep i believe he lives in a small village Dinas Powys down your neck of the woods and frequents his local the Cross Keys pub regularly. Born in Elgin that's over 100 miles from us in Edinburgh.

Johnny Hayes would be a good signing for you i notice you have trumped Celtic's bid and the fact that Callum Paterson has joined you might swing it would be someone Johnny knows. Aberdeen fan at my work doesn't want him to go to Celtic.

Yep i believe he lives in a small village Dinas Powys down your neck of the woods and frequents his local the Cross Keys pub regularly. Born in Elgin that's over 100 miles from us in Edinburgh.
    Known locally as "DINKY POOS", as those that reside there, think they are above us Caroline Street people.

Welcome to the City Callum.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There's a tweet (I think) with a video clip from Patterson in one of the WalesOnline articles that says:

'First day back running today since my injury! Delighted with the progress but still a long way to go ���������� APRIL 24'

So he's been back running for over 6 weeks.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rdiff-13152773
    Warnock has said Paterson's out until October.

NFL clubs sign players who have far worse injuries than Paterson.

My team Philadelphia just got a young guy who won't even play next year. He'll be playing most probably in 2018-19.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    NFL clubs sign players who have far worse injuries than Paterson.

My team Philadelphia just got a young guy who won't even play next year. He'll be playing most probably in 2018-19.
    That's because their contracts aren't guaranteed so they can cut them with barely any financial impact.