+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CALLUM PATERSON SIGNED

Re: CALLUM PATERSON SIGNED

Its a shame he's injured and we won't see him until October but, hopefully, he will be worth waiting for. We have made 3 signings so far and posters on the respective club messageboards all give them a favourable write up and wish them well. It makes a change from some of our previous signings when people have been queueing up to drive them down to Cardiff e.g. Ben Amos

Re: Paterson signs

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just one question, "why did you let Callum make the tackle in front of you, why didn't you make the tackle"

Cheers about Don, great servant to Cardiff City
    Don was superb. Mind you, there was a time when I didn't appreciate his toughness.

I had to mark him in a trial match (60/61 I think) I was a quite delicate little schoolboy at the time and had been scouted as a highly tricky and sought after inside forward.

Whomever was in charge of the trial matches decided I looked like a dead ringer for a right back and Don looked like a left winger, every-time he got the ball he just ran and ran and ran, through me and anyone else who had the temerity to be in his vicinity.

Those were the days when men were men and inside forwards were, well, inside forwards, used to being on their toes not their backs.

Don Murray was great servant to our club. However, he was probably the most physical player I have seen at the club and in today's game, where almost any contact is awarded a free kick, he would not have been the player I fondly recall.

I have seen Murray even rugby tackle opponents although his speciality was tackling players from behind. He was the only professional footballer I have seen who kicked the ball with his toes. He played in one of our better sides over the last 50 years. What I can't remember is whether he represented Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Don Murray was great servant to our club. However, he was probably the most physical player I have seen at the club and in today's game, where almost any contact is awarded a free kick, he would not have been the player I fondly recall.

I have seen Murray even rugby tackle opponents although his speciality was tackling players from behind. He was the only professional footballer I have seen who kicked the ball with his toes. He played in one of our better sides over the last 50 years. What I can't remember is whether he represented Scotland.
    NO ! Not full, only under 23

I suppose you get what you are prepared to pay for? So far a player from rochdale another from walsall and an injured patterson?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    I suppose you get what you are prepared to pay for? So far a player from rochdale another from walsall and an injured patterson?
    Cheer up Linus

Is that why you ended up with tictacs instead of anti depressants ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Cheer up Linus
    Im optimistic ..... more so than this time last season anyway but I am also a realist so wont be expecting the earth because we are a mid table outfit with no money hence div 1 players.

Im optimistic ..... more so than this time last season anyway but I am also a realist so wont be expecting the earth because we are a mid table outfit with no money hence div 1 players.
    You moaned like f*ck the transfer comittee were wasting money, overpaying fees and wages for players, and now the club are cutting their cloth accordingly on young hungry players youre still moaning.

Can't be any worse than Revell.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why? How far has he got to run? All the way from Scotland?

You moaned like f*ck the transfer comittee were wasting money, overpaying fees and wages for players, and now the club are cutting their cloth accordingly on young hungry players youre still moaning.
    Chepstow is Tandy or *****

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Chepstow is Tandy or *****
    I have always had my suspicions Chepstow and Tandy are one and the same but calling him ***** is an extremely low blow

Because he's a troll?

Oh they are doing that alright!!
    Players from rochdale and wigan and a crock from scotland yes we are definitely cutting our cloth..... ffs!!

Oh they are doing that alright!!
    Players from rochdale and wigan and a crock from scotland yes we are definitely cutting our cloth..... ffs!!
    Considerably less money than Slade spent on Doyle, another one of his abject failures signed from the mighty Chesterfield.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Considerably less money than Slade spent on Doyle, another one of his abject failures signed from the mighty Chesterfield.

But we are supposed to be in a new era and improving you numpty....... we are following the same path!!

But we are supposed to be in a new era and improving you numpty....... we are following the same path!!
    Paterson is proof that the new era has arrived you plank, a Scottish international early 20's who West Ham were interested in. The other 2 are probably squad players with potential.

Try to get it into your thick scull we now have a proper shrewd football manager and not a PE teacher you WUM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Paterson is proof that the new era has arrived you plank, a Scottish international early 20's who West Ham were interested in. The other 2 are probably squad players with potential.

Try to get it into your thick scull we now have a proper shrewd football manager and not a PE teacher you WUM.
    You know i was being spun the same old chestnut this time last year...... incidentally Trollope is in the prem now with his new club and we are buying players from div 1, signing players who are unattached and players who arent fit??

You know i was being spun the same old chestnut this time last year...... incidentally Trollope is in the prem now with his new club and we are buying players from div 1, signing players who are unattached and players who arent fit??
    Trollope is not their manager.

Spinning chestnuts? WTF?!?

Players who are unattached because they refused new deals knowing they are in demand you clown

Trollope is a coach not a manager. Joe Bennett was not fit when he arrived and has prvoved to be a more than adequate replacement for another of Slade's rejects.

Trollope has done a great job at BHA as first team coach as he did at ccfc it was us who tried to make him a manager to save money.... again and that cost us a wasted years and god knows how much money in terrible signings burdening us with players we now dont want?? Lambert for instance is the biggest disaster in terms of a signing since the OGS fiascos

Trollope has done a great job at BHA as first team coach as he did at ccfc it was us who tried to make him a manager to save money.... again and that cost us a wasted years and god knows how much money in terrible signings burdening us with players we now dont want?? Lamber
    t for instance is the biggest disaster in terms of a signing since the OGS fiascos
    For once in the main I agree with you. Under Trollopes watch in fairness we did sign Bennett, Richards and Zohore. Lambert was a gamble/panic buy as he must have had reservations about Fred.