+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who will win tomorrow?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservatives

34 60.71%
  • Labour

15 26.79%
  • Other

4 7.14%
  • Leonidis Fortunae Westocrates

3 5.36%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Tomorrow

Re: Tomorrow

Labour gain Battersea

Holy shit.

Labour gain Sheffield Hallam from Lib Dems, unfortunately Boris holds his seat next Tory leader?

Labour hit 103 seats, Tories on 87, Lib Dems have 1, is this the end for them?

Nick Clegg cuts a sad figure as he loses his seat
    Decent closing speech mind fair play
    Last edited by MacAdder; 09-06-17 at 01:55. Reason: enhancement

Labour gain Cardiff North and now have 23 seats in Wales, so much for a Tory majority in Wales, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Labour gain Cardiff North and now have 23 seats in Wales, so much for a Tory majority in Wales, eh?
    My constituency, I thought that all the incumbent had to do was show up. Wow.

Labour will demand a recount of the number of times Amber Rudd has asked for a recount in Hastings at this rate. I want to see the disappointment on her face as her constituency's results are announced before heading for the wooden hill.

Not only did the ultra sleazy Keith Vaz hold his seat but he increased his majority and share of the vote.

Feck, Rudd won.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Not only did the ultra sleazy Keith Vaz hold his seat but he increased his majority and share of the vote.
    And smarmy Salmond has bit the dust

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The polls have consistently had the Tories at 40 per cent plus - Tory majority of 60 to 100 for me.
    I sometimes give myself a pat on the back for being one of not very many people it seems who predicted that there could be a Tory majority Government in 2015, this time I got it completely wrong and I'm very pleased to have done so.

Realistically, I think the result is better than the Labour party dared hope for and, as someone who was only going to vote for them because of how Kevin Brennan assisted me in the past, I must say I was won around to becoming a committed supporter by both their manifesto and their leader (who I had been very critical of in the past).

However, best of all, the hubris of Theresa "I, me, mine" May who called an election when she already had a workable majority has, almost certainly, got the reward it deserved - the Conservatives just might end up with an overall majority, but there is no way they can represent it as some sort of endorsement of their strong and stable (what a joke!) leader.

I've been awake since about one and my lack of sleep was all made worthwhile by seeing the Prime Minister's "victory" speech after her constituency result was declared. She looked absolutely devastated and I think I'm right in saying she scuttled off without shaking the hands of all of the other candidates - I reckon she'll be gone within days, or maybe even hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    As I see it, Corbyn has done a lot better than expected (despite the right wing newspapers) but may indeed have to resign - and May, who will be victorious, will be seriously damaged. Her calling an election and refusing to appear in several fora with other leaders was totally gutless. For the record I have never voted for either party.
    The above was written before the results started coming in. :smug:

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I sometimes give myself a pat on the back for being one of not very many people it seems who predicted that there could be a Tory majority Government in 2015, this time I got it completely wrong and I'm very pleased to have done so.

Realistically, I think the result is better than the Labour party dared hope for and, as someone who was only going to vote for them because of how Kevin Brennan assisted me in the past, I must say I was won around to becoming a committed supporter by both their manifesto and their leader (who I had been very critical of in the past).

However, best of all, the hubris of Theresa "I, me, mine" May who called an election when she already had a workable majority has, almost certainly, got the reward it deserved - the Conservatives just might end up with an overall majority, but there is no way they can represent it as some sort of endorsement of their strong and stable (what a joke!) leader.

I've been awake since about one and my lack of sleep was all made worthwhile by seeing the Prime Minister's "victory" speech after her constituency result was declared. She looked absolutely devastated and I think I'm right in saying she scuttled off without shaking the hands of all of the other candidates - I reckon she'll be gone within days, or maybe even hours.
    I didn't dare believe the YouGov polls and thought younger voters would state a preference then stay in bed - but they didn't.

The real result is better for Labour than the most optimistic pre-election poll. Over 40% and trailing by only 3%.

The Labour big hitters who resigned then tried to oust Corbyn are now sheepishly queuing up to rejoin the Shadow Cabinet.

The Tories are in turmoil and May is politically finished.

And Sheffield Hallam went Labour!

What an amazing night. Time for bed now.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I didn't dare believe the YouGov polls and thought younger voters would state a preference then stay in bed - but they didn't.

The real result is better for Labour than the most optimistic pre-election poll. Over 40% and trailing by only 3%.

The Labour big hitters who resigned then tried to oust Corbyn are now sheepishly queuing up to rejoin the Shadow Cabinet.

The Tories are in turmoil and May is politically finished.

And Sheffield Hallam went Labour!

What an amazing night. Time for bed now.
    Absolutely amazing. I had no hope the youth would turn out but they did. They turned up in their droves to vote out Greg Mulholland in Leeds NW, and all over the country. What a result.

Would possibly have been a lot different if May wasn't completely, and utterly useless. Her position is untenable. The damage she has done...

No idea how Labour are claiming they have a mandate to lead the country.

Corbyn saying the people have spoken.

May was abysmal and still won

I wonder if they would question Corbyn's mandate if he had a minority lead looking for other seats to tip them over the edge.

Not taking anything away from Corbyn, as a landslide was expected. But those are the facts.

It's a bold move from Corbyn, to basically just start talking as if Labour won the election.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    No idea how Labour are claiming they have a mandate to lead the country.

Corbyn saying the people have spoken.

May was abysmal and still won

I wonder if they would question Corbyn's mandate if he had a minority lead looking for other seats to tip them over the edge.

Not taking anything away from Corbyn, as a landslide was expected. But those are the facts.
    Is losing an overall majority and being force to beg the DUP to form a coalition (of chaos? ) really winning?

Imagine how well Labour would have done had the PLP supported Corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Is losing an overall majority and being force to beg the DUP to form a coalition (of chaos? ) really winning?

Imagine how well Labour would have done had the PLP supported Corbyn
    Don't get me wrong it is a big failure for the conservatives.

I don't think labour can claim to speak for the UK either though!.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Don't get me wrong it is a big failure for the conservatives.

I don't think labour can claim to speak for the UK either though!.
    At this point nobody does

Well, not until October's election anyway

So Corbyn was the "terrorist sympathiser" but the Tories are asking the DUP to prop up their government? Ironic.