+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who will win tomorrow?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservatives

34 60.71%
  • Labour

15 26.79%
  • Other

4 7.14%
  • Leonidis Fortunae Westocrates

3 5.36%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow

Re: Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    If Corbyn comes through this, it will have been possibly the best comeback in UK politics ever?
    It will be the biggest kicking Murdoch's press has taken. Sky are distraught. Corbyn came across well, he won my vote over the course of 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    It will be the biggest kicking Murdoch's press has taken. Sky are distraught. Corbyn came across well, he won my vote over the course of 6 weeks.
    Yup. Strange thing is, he didn't have to try too hard. In fact he and his shadow chancellor Diane Abbott didn't seem to try at all (tho at least Jezza did turn up)... the plain arrogance of the PM fought their corner for them.

First result in - Newcastle with a huge majority for Labour as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yup. Strange thing is, he didn't have to try too hard. In fact he and his shadow chancellor Diane Abbott didn't seem to try at all (tho at least Jezza did turn up)... the plain arrogance of the PM fought their corner for them.
    The Labour campaign was much more positive, much more pro Labour. The Tories campaign was almost completely negative and anti Corbyn. They used grubby tabloid tactics. If they mess this up tonight then I believe that's a big reason why.

The 2015 exit poll underestimated Tory total seats by 18 and overestimated Labour's total by a similar number. The spread betting firms are convinced today's exit poll is equally inaccurate by quoting Tory 330-336, Labour 240-246.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    The Labour campaign was much more positive, much more pro Labour. The Tories campaign was almost completely negative and anti Corbyn. They used grubby tabloid tactics. If they mess this up tonight then I believe that's a big reason why.
    May has been banging on for weeks about strong and stable leadership. We've seen neither.

this in spades

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The 2015 exit poll underestimated Tory total seats by 18 and overestimated Labour's total by a similar number. The spread betting firms are convinced today's exit poll is equally inaccurate by quoting Tory 330-336, Labour 240-246.
    As I've said before, I think this is a more difficult election to call.

Essentially, as you were. Except, now the Tories will be fighting to pick another new leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Essentially, as you were. Except, now the Tories will be fighting to pick another new leader.
    May, total disaster, never going to be around in four years whatever the result

Amber Rudd's forecast to lose her seat.

Wow. Hmmm

I'm enjoying this whilst it lasts - but I don't believe the exit poll.

I no longer think the Tories are going to get a 50+ seat majority though.

I would loove... just to see that Craig Williams's smarmy smug look wiped off his boat tonight. Loov it!!

Closet Tories come out with your hands up, we have the place surrounded

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Wow. Hmmm
    She had a majority over Labour of nearly 5,000 in Hastings and Rye two years ago. Her losing - and she's gone into hiding with a massive sulk, it seems - could be the shock of the night.

We can only hope.

Surely the tories will comfortably take Hastings? That part of the world is very pro brexit.

She had a majority over Labour of nearly 5,000 in Hastings and Rye two years ago. Her losing - and she's gone into hiding with a massive sulk, it seems - could be the shock of the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We can only hope.
    Hastings 'dicey' for Amber Rudd

BBC political editor tweets... Posted at 23:38 Laura Kuenssberg ✔ @bbclaurak

Hastings v dicey for Amber Rudd - would be quite a scalp for Labour to take the Home Sec down

But Prof John Curtice says: "Note that the exit poll does not expect a swing to Labour in this seat. So if Labour has taken it this will be a better result for than anticipated."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2017-40171454

Surely the tories will comfortably take Hastings? That part of the world is very pro brexit.
    No, they showed her election agent at the count, he looked less happy than someone sweating snobs on death row.

UKIP vote in the north east splitting one third Labour, two third Tories.

Also impact of early postal voting probably better for Tories - before the Labour surge.

Rumours that Tories have lost Gower and the Vale of Clwyd
    https://twitter.com/britainelects/st...47387911643137

Amber Rudd is a nasty POS -
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7774126.html

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Rumours that Tories have lost Gower and the Vale of Clwyd
    https://twitter.com/britainelects/st...47387911643137
    Gower was a stupidly small majority for the Tories in 2015, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it go back to Labour.