+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who will win tomorrow?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservatives

34 60.71%
  • Labour

15 26.79%
  • Other

4 7.14%
  • Leonidis Fortunae Westocrates

3 5.36%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow

Re: Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm predicting the emergence of a new centrist movement that is neither Labour or Conservative.
    There's no need. The Lib Dems can fill that role while Labour move to the left and the Tories sprint as far right as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Rather than not voting, why not vote for an independent, or even a 'silly party'.
    If significant numbers did this, it will show the main parties having less % of the vote, where not voting gives them a higher %.
    Send a message!
    I could've voted for the Women's Equality Party in the Vale today. You wonder why they bother considering they're effectively guaranteed to lose their deposit.

When this election was called, I was 100% going with Plaid and as much that there are a few issues with Jezza i'm not comfortable with, I thought he fought a really good campaign in the face of the press who have been utter kents to him, I'd love to see the bitch (May) given a hiding but the secret Tories will romp her home with a bit to spare. I'm beginning to dislike her more than Thatcher even though I thought she started out O.K, I went PC in the recent local elections but the thought of another 5 more years of them (Tories) , and the Jezza campaign swung it Red.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Tories - with a majority of 40-60.

But with Corbyn on the up and May in decline.
    I'm feeling even less optimistic now. Tory majority of 50-90. They lost the campaign but will win the election... big.

Just minutes to go until the BBC publishes its usually accurate exit poll results. I'll go for Labour sub 209 seats and with it a lower total than Michael Foot managed in 1983. Jeremy Corbyn to announce his resignation as party leader at around 8am tomorrow morning.

When will we get an indication of the election result?

The result of a joint BBC, ITV and Sky exit poll will be released at 22:00 BST - as soon as polling stations close.

The survey will be taken from 144 polling stations across Britain, asking voters at these stations to mark a mock ballot paper to show how they have voted.

Similar exit polls have correctly predicted who would take the keys to Number 10 in the last five elections, and in 2005 and 2010 came extremely close to predicting the exact number of seats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2017-40171454

Tories 314, Labour 266 - BBC Exit Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Just minutes to go until the BBC publishes its usually accurate exit poll results. I'll go for Labour sub 209 seats and with it a lower total than Michael Foot managed in 1983. Jeremy Corbyn to announce his resignation as party leader at around 8am tomorrow morning.
    As I see it, Corbyn has done a lot better than expected (despite the right wing newspapers) but may indeed have to resign - and May, who will be victorious, will be seriously damaged. Her calling an election and refusing to appear in several fora with other leaders was totally gutless. For the record I have never voted for either party.

Surprised at that. Getting very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    As I see it, Corbyn has done a lot better than expected (especially by the right wing media) but may indeed have to resign - and May, who will be victorious, will be seriously damaged. Her calling an election and refusing to appear in several fora with other leaders was totally gutless. For the record I have never voted for either party.
    266 for Labour would be 34 more than 2015. Jezzer would be safe.

I suspect and hope that the Scots have turned back to labour to try and kick the tories out.

Shitting hell

Anne Widecombe was going on about how great exit polls were until it was announced at which point she said "They're not to be believed" (or words to that effect)

I hope everyone who's planning on going on a foreign holiday this summer already has their foreign currency...the markets won't like this...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Shitting hell

Anne Widecombe was going on about how great exit polls were until it was announced at which point she said "They're not to be believed" (or words to that effect)
    Widecombe. I tend not to take too much notice of people who are as wide as they are high.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Widecombe. I tend not to take too much notice of people who are as wide as they are high.
    If Bob Hoskins were alive to hear you say that, he'd be turning in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    I hope everyone who's planning on going on a foreign holiday this summer already has their foreign currency...the markets won't like this...
    Pound dropped 1.5% versus US dollar the instant the poll was announced. Though, the spread betting firms aren't buying it as they quote Labour seats at between 245-252.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    If Bob Hoskins were alive to hear you say that, he'd be turning in his grave.
    You'm a one you are butt!

Labour would need to join up with 6 or 7 parties

And i will take that everyday over a Tory government

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Labour would need to join up with 6 or 7 parties

And i will take that everyday over a Tory government
    Sky News' graphic was interesting.

Conservatives will need N.Ireland Unionist support, plus Sinn Fein continuing their Parliamentary absence, in order to get close to an effective Majority.

Labour would need SNP, plus Lib Dem, plus Plaid Cymru, plus Greens, plus a couple extra seats from the exit poll, in order to create May's dreaded "coalition of chaos"

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Sky News' graphic was interesting.

Conservatives will need N.Ireland Unionist support, plus Sinn Fein continuing their Parliamentary absence, in order to get close to an effective Majority.

Labour would need SNP, plus Lib Dem, plus Plaid Cymru, plus Greens, plus a couple extra seats from the exit poll, in order to create May's dreaded "coalition of chaos"
    The one positive with the bottom situation is that, finally, Scotland and Wales will have had a big say in the result of the next government, rather than the usual story of being given whatever England votes for.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    When will we get an indication of the election result?

The result of a joint BBC, ITV and Sky exit poll will be released at 22:00 BST - as soon as polling stations close.

The survey will be taken from 144 polling stations across Britain, asking voters at these stations to mark a mock ballot paper to show how they have voted.

Similar exit polls have correctly predicted who would take the keys to Number 10 in the last five elections, and in 2005 and 2010 came extremely close to predicting the exact number of seats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2017-40171454

https://www.ft.com/content/0e38ae9e-...91d43?mhq5j=e3

We'll have a new PM in a week or two if this is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The one positive with the bottom situation is that, finally, Scotland and Wales will have had a big say in the result of the next government, rather than the usual story of being given whatever England votes for.
    For once, Plaid may have power. If the poll is correct, every seat counts. If the poll is correct, we'll be asked to vote again in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Exactly this, it would be so much better (hopefully).

Serves her (May) bloody well right.
    Spotted a chance with Jezza and Labour in complete disarray to rub their noses in it and a huge protest vote ensued.

Fear for Brexit, fear for the pound, fear for us all..... we're all doomed I tell ye... doomed!!

If Corbyn comes through this, it will have been possibly the best comeback in UK politics ever?