+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A note to Mr Tan: PLEASE TALK TO US!

A note to Mr Tan: PLEASE TALK TO US!

Most of us on this forum are paying supporters of the club/organisation you own. We regularly put money into it.

For whatever reason, we have heard very little from you for several months - although not many years ago, you often communicated with us.

Please take a little time to tell us of your thoughts and plans for the future of your/our club.

Yours respectfully.....

Re: A note to Mr Tan: PLEASE TALK TO US!

Dear Mr Tan,

He doesn't speak for all of us, feel free to go about your day as normal.

Cheers.

tbf, after the shit we gave him, why would he?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    ooooh you stole my thought and post , and where would we be without him , I think some very dangerous dictators and master criminals have got off more lightly than him.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    ooooh you stole my thought and post , and where would we be without him , I think some very dangerous dictators and master criminals have got off more lightly than him.
    Precisely. After spending upwards of £100m and all he got in return was abuse why would he? Would you? I don't blame him one bit. He tried and failed to move Cardiff forward and failed. Let's face it supporting this club has always been one of continual disappointment but at least Tan tried and has got the bills to prove it.

While not disagreeing with these sentiments, isn't it time for mature adults to begin building bridges?

Dear Vinny,

I realise with interest rates stuck at historically low levels you're struggling to add more than a few billion each year to your centillion fortune. But c'mon, boyo, get your arm down the back of the settee then make the swag available for our Neil to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    While not disagreeing with these sentiments, isn't it time for mature adults to begin building bridges?
    I disagree.

The man thinks he can f*** with over 100 years of tradition and the customers can just lump it.

The only words I want to hear are "I've sold the club". F*** him!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I disagree.
    The man thinks he can f*** with over 100 years of tradition and the customers can just lump it.
    Compared with some of the scandalous stunts pulled by other foreign owners, we could have be in a far, far worse position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I disagree.

What an absolute crock of s**t

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Precisely. After spending upwards of £100m and all he got in return was abuse why would he? Would you? I don't blame him one bit. He tried and failed to move Cardiff forward and failed. Let's face it supporting this club has always been one of continual disappointment but at least Tan tried and has got the bills to prove it.
    As I recall, most people were quite happy with his methods, or at least expressed no sign of dissent.

He tried to do things his way and he royally f.cked it up. I think even he acknowledges that in his own way. He's lucky that the majority of our fans were so apathetic, if he had tried to pull a similar stunt at some other clubs, things would have been much worse for him.

As it is, the way the club is now being run, he seems to have learned by his mistakes and, along with most fans, moved on from that low period in the clubs history.

I couldn't care less about him interacting with the fans, as long as he has the club run properly.

A rebrand thread. So 2012.

Weve now been back in blue for 2.5 years, the same amount of time we were in red.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    He tried to do things his way and he royally f.cked it up. I think even he acknowledges that in his own way. He's lucky that the majority of our fans were so apathetic, if he had tried to pull a similar stunt at some other clubs, things would have been much worse for him.

As it is, the way the club is now being run, he seems to have learned by his mistakes and, along with most fans, moved on from that low period in the clubs history.

I couldn't care less about him interacting with the fans, as long as he has the club run properly.
    You saved me having to type something very similar there. Leaving his ill starred rebrand aside for now, I think Vincent Tan was a pretty hopeless owner of Cardiff City football club for four or five years, but there are recent signs that he has learned from his mistakes - although Ken Choo is undoubtedly Tan's man so to speak, he is doing a good job I reckon and, with Neil Warnock's appointment, we finally have a football man making player recruitment decisions. All of the signings we've made since our manager was appointed last October seem like "Warnock signings" to me and, to be fair, one of the most recent "Tan signings", Kenneth Zohore, hasn't turned out bad has he.

It seems like Tan is sitting back and letting football men make the football decisions, while we have a competent CEO doing the non football stuff. I don't think we'll be spending much this summer unless someone is sold for a fortune and I'm okay with that - I'm also happy with the more low profile style adopted by Mr Tan and would prefer that to him possibly reopening old wounds by "talking to us".

This ^^^

Although to be fair he did some big mistakes himself

Works both ways I suppose

Also the press ridiculed him big time but I'd say it was self inflicted

On and his dress sense was shit

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Compared with some of the scandalous stunts pulled by other foreign owners, we could have be in a far, far worse position.
    what about native owners? Or was that a thinly veiled i voted UKIP post?

You make it sound like it was unjustified.

After the rebrand, he issued a veiled threat. Closed all communication, and removed any opportunities for dialogue. All because he could.

If Tan wants to talk, why should we?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You make it sound like it was unjustified.

After the rebrand, he issued a veiled threat. Closed all communication, and removed any opportunities for dialogue. All because he could.

If Tan wants to talk, why should we?
    Not at all unjustified, but the point stands, why should he talk to us and frankly who cares?
    As someone said above, we have a real football man as manager who does engage with the fans, likewise in Dalman and Choo we have a great off-field leadership.

I don't care if we never hear from him again. I just want him to sign the checks. I'm not interested in his ideas, anecdotes, superstitions or opinions.

I like how the fans who loathe him still want him to pump money into the club or sell up without any issues (if this was a mortgage it would be negative equity!)

I think he remains potentially our biggest asset as a club.

Hasn't always got things right, but prior to him coming along we were up in front of HMRC several times a year and having to sell any player worth anything to keep afloat.
    He's also got more financial clout than all of our previous owners put together.

If we get close enough to the top of this division to be worth spending money on I think tan will show an interest again

I think it pointless to re-run the old hoary arguments of yesteryear - but it is difficult to imagine what he gets from owning the club right now, especially as he is never present at the ground.

Vincent Tan doesn't even go to games.

I'd much rather an overly quiet owner than where we have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Dear Vinny,

I realise with interest rates stuck at historically low levels you're struggling to add more than a few billion each year to your centillion fortune. But c'mon, boyo, get your arm down the back of the settee then make the swag available for our Neil to spend.
    Deer Fannies .

I feeling very blue , met your Neil , didn't like them pork scratching things , my Belgium club will buy Saddi for twenty million , loads of dosh for Neil's, oh FFP Is real and I don't want you to be a Pompey or Rangers .

Luv 's you peeps.