+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A note to Mr Tan: PLEASE TALK TO US!

Re: A note to Mr Tan: PLEASE TALK TO US!

Whether you like it or not, Vincent Tan has saved us from going down the toilet, I have lot of respect for him and I hope he attends some matches next season

I would like to see an annual meeting with Tan along the lines of (although with some changes) the Q&A session he did in February 2016 when he opened up on his plans and asked for fans to support Russell Slade.

I don't want him picking the team, but as the owner I do want to know that he is still interested in the club, willing to carry on paying the bills, wants to achieve something (even if that is around his own reputation or legacy) and is interested in listening to fans - even if that is only a small group of (sometimes) self-selected representatives, alongside the media and 'other stakeholders'.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Deer Fannies .

I feeling very blue , met your Neil , didn't like them pork scratching things , my Belgium club will buy Saddi for twenty million , loads of dosh for Neil's, oh FFP Is real and I don't want you to be a Pompey.....
    I'm sure you are aware that Pompey won promotion last season, has average crowds of 18K and is soon to be taken over by an American millionaire who has pledged to form a heritage board which would protect the club's name, colours and badge. I would love City to be 'a Pompey'.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think it pointless to re-run the old hoary arguments of yesteryear - but it is difficult to imagine what he gets from owning the club right now, especially as he is never present at the ground.
    Dalman says Vinny's up half the night listening to games live on the radio. He does get something from owning the club then, bags under his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I disagree.

The man thinks he can f*** with over 100 years of tradition and the customers can just lump it.

The only words I want to hear are "I've sold the club". F*** him!
    I'm sure we are back to normal now? Who would you want in stead of him? Sam Hammam , Clemo or Kumar types? Or those at Blackburn and Leeds?

Does he need to say anything or even turn up at games? I work for a large company and i have never seen or heard the owner he's probably to busy with other interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Precisely. After spending upwards of £100m and all he got in return was abuse why would he? Would you? I don't blame him one bit. He tried and failed to move Cardiff forward and failed. Let's face it supporting this club has always been one of continual disappointment but at least Tan tried and has got the bills to prove it.
    He brought the abuse on himself , the reaction in Cardiff would have happened at every other club in the country

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I like how the fans who loathe him still want him to pump money into the club or sell up without any issues (if this was a mortgage it would be negative equity!)
    Whose fault is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I disagree.

The man thinks he can f*** with over 100 years of tradition and the customers can just lump it.

The only words I want to hear are "I've sold the club". F*** him!
    Your memory must be playing tricks with you. He did try to f*** with a 100 yrs of tradition, but the majority willingly bought into it and accepted it and turned up in their droves to watch the boys in red. It was only relegation that saw the crowds deminish. If we'd have stayed up and kicked on a bit, we'd still be playing in red.

And least your forget he was right about shooting 50 times a game,so hes not just invested money .

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'm sure we are back to normal now? Who would you want in stead of him? Sam Hammam , Clemo or Kumar types? Or those at Blackburn and Leeds?
    Yes, the loss of 5,000 fans indicates everything is now back to normal and the club has never been healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Your memory must be playing tricks with you. He did try to f*** with a 100 yrs of tradition, but the majority willingly bought into it and accepted it and turned up in their droves to watch the boys in red. It was only relegation that saw the crowds deminish. If we'd have stayed up and kicked on a bit, we'd still be playing in red.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Apart from the bit about my memory loss I agree with all of that?