+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Red seats

Red seats

Have they got rid of the red seats in the upper stand?

Re: Red seats

Hope not. The money to replace the seats would surely be better served in the playing budget.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hope not. The money to replace the seats would surely be better served in the playing budget.
    Maybe, but some fans are not returning to the club till the red seats have gone

so if they replaced them the missing 8000 fans might return

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Well, the club keeps banging on about "We are one, we are bluebirds" and "Our City is blue" these days so they might consider it a bit of an anomaly.

I don't often agree with JR, but I too can think of better ways to spend money. Those seats are generally empty anyway and if fans won't go to games because of a few red seats, well I have no words

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I don't often agree with JR, but I too can think of better ways to spend money. Those seats are generally empty anyway and if fans won't go to games because of a few red seats, well I have no words
    I'd cover them up with tarpaulin, put some writing on it, such as We are Bluebirds, or sell if as ad space. That would be cheap and would make people happy. Simples.

You are joking, the only way those 8000 fans would return is if we got promoted to the premiership, every one of them a plastic, nothing to do with the red red seats, which if you are not aware is the colour of Wales

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that the player budget is separate from other operating costs. If the blue seats are seen as a "ground improvement" maybe there are tax breaks and exemptions from FFP too.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that the player budget is separate from other operating costs. If the blue seats are seen as a "ground improvement" maybe there are tax breaks and exemptions from FFP too.

"In order to promote investment in stadiums, training facilities, youth development and women’s football (from 2015), all such costs are excluded from the break-even calculation"

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    You are joking, the only way those 8000 fans would return is if we got promoted to the premiership, every one of them a plastic, nothing to do with the red red seats, which if you are not aware is the colour of Wales
    I can confirm that i was 100% joking

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post

I know this was a joke but I'm sad to say I know lots of people who do think like that. Back to blue shirts didn't appease them and I suspect that some might only come back if Tan were to go.

As Adidas are sponsoring us perhaps they could pay the costs of advertising in those seats (similar to the Liverpool stand a couple of years ago)
    A white Adidas across a blue background would look a lot more professional than those silly Ayatollah men.

Yeah right! Just like they would all return if we returned to blue. That didnt last long either! The only thing which influences crowds is on field performance - fortunately, we now have Neil.

Red seats are in today.

Jezzie wants them kept

SuperBluebirds91

Personally I'd like the seats either blue (with a bluebird in white) or yellow (which a bluebird in blue) but if it's going to cost huge amounts than I'm happy to wait! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    As Adidas are sponsoring us perhaps they could pay the costs of advertising in those seats (similar to the Liverpool stand a couple of years ago)
    A white Adidas across a blue background would look a lot more professional than those silly Ayatollah men.
    I like it. This is a very sensible idea. Give your self a biscuit.