+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deji Oshilaja leaves for AFC Wimbledon.

Deji Oshilaja leaves for AFC Wimbledon.

Re: Deji Oshilaja leaves for AFC Wimbledon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Looks like a good move for him, that article does a good job of explaining the reasons why.

I've wondered before on here how things might have turned out for Deji if Malky had turned to him instead of Ben Nugent during the 2012-13 season. Probably wouldn't have made a difference in the long run but who knows? As it was, Deji ended his time here with 88 league appearances under his belt but not one of them for us. That must be a record for City but I've no idea who holds the overall record, I assume it's a Chelsea player. Patrick Bamford made 116 league appearances on loan while at Chelsea but never played for them, can't think of anyone to top that for now but I'd be surprised if that's the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Looks like a good move for him, that article does a good job of explaining the reasons why.

I've wondered before on here how things might have turned out for Deji if Malky had turned to him instead of Ben Nugent during the 2012-13 season. Probably wouldn't have made a difference in the long run but who knows? As it was, Deji ended his time here with 88 league appearances under his belt but not one of them for us. That must be a record for City but I've no idea who holds the overall record, I assume it's a Chelsea player. Patrick Bamford made 116 league appearances on loan while at Chelsea but never played for them, can't think of anyone to top that for now but I'd be surprised if that's the record.
    Jack Cork played 155 league games out on loan while at Chelsea without playing for them. The only other player I've found in three figures is Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who played 100 while at AC Milan before they finally gave up on him and let him go for €1m to St Etienne. Benik Afobe played 90 while at Arsenal.

Hasn't Nugent been released by Crewe? Sad to see his career not live up to the promise it once had.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Hasn't Nugent been released by Crewe? Sad to see his career not live up to the promise it once had.
    Yes, he'll probably find another club but his career hasn't turned out the way we expected. Here's what Mystic Malky had to say about him back in 2012.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ardiff-2018518

Yes, he'll probably find another club but his career hasn't turned out the way we expected. Here's what Mystic Malky had to say about him back in 2012.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ardiff-2018518
    Whoops!!

Although I thought Nugent did pretty well when he was called into the first team in our promotion season, I must admit that, based on what I saw of him in the Academy team I was surprised to see him given a pro deal. For me, Deji always looked the better player in youth football, but I think his relative lack of height for a centreback probably worked against him in Malky's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Although I thought Nugent did pretty well when he was called into the first team in our promotion season, I must admit that, based on what I saw of him in the Academy team I was surprised to see him given a pro deal. For me, Deji always looked the better player in youth football, but I think his relative lack of height for a centreback probably worked against him in Malky's eyes.
    Deji has been fairly error prone for Gillingham by all accounts, although it probably doesn't help that they're bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What promise? The guy couldnt even kick a ball!!! He made Ben "Hoof" Turner look like Beckenbaur.