+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tories saved the Scots?

Tories saved the Scots?

Sturgeon's independence campaign has bit her on the haggis.

Tories may just scrape to 326, DUP will get them there. May a goner though.

Re: Tories saved the Scots?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post

agree who'd of thought it

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    agree who'd of thought it
    Crazy night really. Thought this would be boring a few weeks ago and saw myself waking up to a result. Absolutely knackered, but sticking around a bit longer.

Crazy night really. Thought this would be boring a few weeks ago and saw myself waking up to a result. Absolutely knackered, but sticking around a bit longer.
    Al nighter for me , then again i,m retired

Wales seeming to be keeping up their end of the bargain, a mini-collapse for the SNP?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Wales seeming to be keeping up their end of the bargain, a mini-collapse for the SNP?
    Losing approx 40% of their seats is more of a crash IMO

Another Tory government ahead, 3 cornwall and Kensington left. Probably guaranteed Tory, so they'd only need 7 for the majority. DUP easily get them there and I am gutted.

The Labour party if canny could be back with a majority if another election is called as they could take those Scottish seats back , I think they only went to Tories as they thought in Scotland that Corbyn wasn't a viable option and he might allow referendum 2 with SNP support ..??

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Another Tory government ahead, 3 cornwall and Kensington left. Probably guaranteed Tory, so they'd only need 7 for the majority. DUP easily get them there and I am gutted.
    Coalition of chaos it is then

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Coalition of chaos it is then

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Losing approx 40% of their seats is more of a crash IMO
    Still the largest party in Scotland and tbh the only way was down for the SNP, a bit of levelling out maybe?

Funny aint it. SNP came to power on the back of Scotland never influencing the UK government. Now have given the UK a Tory government.

Didn't go plan there did it Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Funny aint it. SNP came to power on the back of Scotland never influencing the UK government. Now have given the UK a Tory government.

Didn't go plan there did it Scotland?
    If anyone remember's Major's majority Government of 1 seat, and MPs being dragged in from their deathbeds to get a vote through, then anyone who thinks we now have a Tory Government will be pleasantly surprised.

I think we are in for amusing times, and part of me hope May sticks around for it. It will be brutal.

Or did nationalism save the day

More like Scots saved the Tories because if the Scots had stuck with the SNP then May would be even deeper in the shyte.

If anyone remember's Major's majority Government of 1 seat, and MPs being dragged in from their deathbeds to get a vote through, then anyone who thinks we now have a Tory Government will be pleasantly surprised.

I think we are in for amusing times, and part of me hope May sticks around for it. It will be brutal.
    I think you are confusing Major with either Callaghan or Wilson. Major never had a majority of one seat.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I think you are confusing Major with either Callaghan or Wilson. Major never had a majority of one seat.
    It was a very slender majority at the end of 1996/7. I remember Betty Bothroyd had to vote with the Government once as Speaker.