+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tories saved the Scots?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tories saved the Scots?

Funny aint it. SNP came to power on the back of Scotland never influencing the UK government. Now have given the UK a Tory government.

Didn't go plan there did it Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Funny aint it. SNP came to power on the back of Scotland never influencing the UK government. Now have given the UK a Tory government.

Didn't go plan there did it Scotland?
    If anyone remember's Major's majority Government of 1 seat, and MPs being dragged in from their deathbeds to get a vote through, then anyone who thinks we now have a Tory Government will be pleasantly surprised.

I think we are in for amusing times, and part of me hope May sticks around for it. It will be brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    If anyone remember's Major's majority Government of 1 seat, and MPs being dragged in from their deathbeds to get a vote through, then anyone who thinks we now have a Tory Government will be pleasantly surprised.

I think we are in for amusing times, and part of me hope May sticks around for it. It will be brutal.
    I think you are confusing Major with either Callaghan or Wilson. Major never had a majority of one seat.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I think you are confusing Major with either Callaghan or Wilson. Major never had a majority of one seat.
    It was a very slender majority at the end of 1996/7. I remember Betty Bothroyd had to vote with the Government once as Speaker.