+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stayed up to 4am

Stayed up to 4am

I do enjoy election night, this one was a fascinating one , up there with the Blair landslide.

I heard Interestingly, the Tories percentage of the vote was up there with the Thatcher and Blair landslides.

Two party poltical has recovered which lets be fair no one thought would happen.

May was more disliked than Corbyn .

Giveway dosh v Austerity

I think different parts of the country were voting for core personal issues, ie referendum in Scotland, students like the Sheffield vote , youngsters v oldies, remain v leave ,so many things in play .

Wales just fell back into its normal shell.

Re: Stayed up to 4am

That SNP result was the most shocking thing.

Turns out that if you speak for people it annoys them. Scotland is not the entirely left wing, pro EU country the SNP suggested every single day of the campaign.

Angus Roberston during the debates would wade in as if he was some kind of higher being. Silence from him, then he would choose his moments after squabbles between the rest. Long pauses in between his words as if they actually mattered

And he lost.

Sturgeon has said they're going to have to have a think if a referendum is wanted. In other words, wait for a more opportune time to throw the UK into crisis, again.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Turns out that if you speak for people it annoys them. Scotland is not the entirely left wing, pro EU country the SNP suggested every single day of the campaign.

Angus Roberston during the debates would wade in as if he was some kind of higher being. Silence from him, then he would choose his moments after squabbles between the rest. Long pauses in between his words as if they actually mattered

And he lost.

Sturgeon has said they're going to have to have a think if a referendum is wanted. In other words, wait for a more opportune time to throw the UK into crisis, again.
    I think reigning the referendum talk in is in case we see some kind of leadership challenge within conservatives and then another election is called.

I didn't bother staying up, only problem was the sky news app on my ipad going "ping" every time a result came in and I couldn't be arsed turning it off, so a bit tired this morning.

What does this tell us? Tories will vote Tory, Labour will vote labour, and the floating voters had a nightmare of a choice in my view.
    Tory Austerity, them having carte blanche to shaft the less fortunate at will, an arrogant leader V The utter shambles on the left.

So. We're now in a place where neither side has a clear mandate, our bargaining position with Europe just fell through the floor, as such, negotiations will be even more challenging and it will be very difficult to get any bills through parliament (in some cases this will be a very good thing), foreign investors will be running scared and the £ has taken another hit.

Although I believe that a combination of the failure of our "strong and stable" leader to bother attending leadership debates and concern about Tory social policies were key to the result, Brexit was also, obviously a key issue on a number of levels.

Brexiters, and UKIP in particular imho, have a lot to answer for. We were told that Brexit was a key driver behind this election, so where did those UKIP and Brexit votes go? To the party that wanted to remain, but did a piss poor job of campaigning to remain.

UKIP and some Tories based their campaign on a combination of xenophobia, racism, lies and personal ambition to force the referendum, then campaigned along the same lines against a feeble remain campaign (in the interests of balance, based on scaremongering, lies and bullying)

Having got what they wanted, most of the key players disappeared, leaving people who didn't want to leave to work out how to do it.

May has been talking a tough game over Europe, but clearly not tough enough for those who wanted to leave.

The world's going mad. A TV reality star who has presided over more business failures than you can count as President of the USA, a move to the right in the UK, followed by a move to the left in less than a year.

At least we won't be hearing from Farage, after all, his opinion of election results is one of "You lost, accept the result and stop moaning"

I agree but suspect you could be wrong with your last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen_Blue View Post
    I agree but suspect you could be wrong with your last sentence.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Me too

Sorry Llanishen Blue , I saw Sir Nigel on the box gloating and grinning , about his return to save both the party and the lost voter ,bring in the dancing horses .

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

And he lost.

She banged on about a second indyref as if she knew, just knew, that every last person in Scotland agreed with her.
    With a bit of luck, the poison dwarf will be forced to resign.