+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whittingham to Blackburn?

Re: Whittingham to Blackburn?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's offered him a year on peanuts, I'm with you. Warnock didn't really want him here.
    Peanuts/Championship footballer ... do those words go together?

What exactly was this derisory amount he was offered then?

End of an era. Truly a class act and a quality footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Assuming this is correct, it would be interesting to see how Whitts copes in League 1. It's a division where he'll have less time on the ball and have to deal with more midfield cloggers than in the Championship.

I see some similarities with Graham Kavanagh. Kav, rightly, is a City legend, though it would be fair to say that he had his critics when we were in that division. Kav certainly performed better for us in the Championship (or Division 1 as it was then) - there were times he found League 1 hard going.

The move to L1 is probably more down to length of contract than anything.

I can't see a Champ club giving him any more than a year .

In a way I'm pleased he won't come back to haunt us.

And as for a send off, we gave him one against Newcastle when he went off and also after the game at Huddersfield.

It should be off the cuff, not a stage show like that ridiculous Terry circus

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The move to L1 is probably more down to length of contract than anything.

I can't see a Champ club giving him any more than a year .

In a way I'm pleased he won't come back to haunt us.

And as for a send off, we gave him one against Newcastle when he went off and also after the game at Huddersfield.

It should be off the cuff, not a stage show like that ridiculous Terry circus
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Assuming this is correct, it would be interesting to see how Whitts copes in League 1. It's a division where he'll have less time on the ball and have to deal with more midfield cloggers than in the Championship.
    I haven't really watched league 1 but would surprise me if this is the case

Goodbye Whitts and thanks for all you did for our club.

You were the star in our second Golden Age no doubt at all.

Best of luck for the future.

I wonder who the " Whittingham fan club " who sit behind me at CCS will
    find to moan about next season.

Whitts is one of the best players we have ever had at Cardiff and has provided many of the best moments of my City supporting years. We've been very lucky to have him here and I guarantee we're going to miss his ability to open up defences with his passing.

I had hoped we'd give him one more year to make him available to produce the passes that I believe Zohore will be up to thriving on this coming season. Unfortunately we have no-one in the team with that vision any more unless Warnock buys someone this summer.

Goodbye and good luck with the rest of your career Whitts - it's been an absolute pleasure and privilege to watch you play. I hope we see you around Penarth again once you finish your career, you'll always be welcome here.