+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good performance by Labour

Good performance by Labour

Whilst it was a very, very good performance by the Labour Party yesterday, it appears that many, many of their supporters and activists are struggling to come to terms with the fact that they actually didn't win the election. They performed as well as they did under Brown in 2010.

As I said though, excellent performance.

Re: Good performance by Labour

Same old story for us. Vote labour, get Tory. When will we wake up?

It was a good performance as he beat the total seats won that Brown managed in 2010 and Miliband in 2015, and better still as expectations were so egregious seven weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It was a good performance as he beat the total seats won that Brown managed in 2010 and Miliband in 2015, and better still as expectations were so egregious seven weeks ago.
    I agree. It's the members, supporters and activists who are thoroughly shocked that Labour have not won that perplex me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree. It's the members, supporters and activists who are thoroughly shocked that Labour have not won that perplex me.
    I must have missed this. I've been listening to the radio and tv all day and I've not heard a single person say that they are thoroughly shocked they didn't win. A few that are disappointed, but the huge majority that are pleased with the huge progress made and also the fact that there is now a genuine left wing alternative to the tories.

It was the biggest increase in Labour's share of the national vote since 1945. Labour are now well placed to pick up the pieces once the Tories have torn themselves apart over Brexit.

If there were another election next week, I reckon Corbyn would win it.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Same old story for us. Vote labour, get Tory. When will we wake up?
    Unfortunately the Welsh voters are very dull and easily brainwashed.

A very good performance considering the project fear campaign orchestrated by the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A very good performance considering the project fear campaign orchestrated by the Tories.
    Labour produced a very good project fear themselves to mop up the anti Tory vote.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Labour produced a very good project fear themselves to mop up the anti Tory vote.
    We will find out soon enough.

When the election was called, I was very concerned for labour, i honestly thought they were in for a hammering, Corbyn to appeared to be someone you just couldnt vote for

then the campaigns moved on a few weeks and he stood out like a knight in shining armour, he really did rise above the others and become a leader

for me it was a amazing transformation

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    When the election was called, I was very concerned for labour, i honestly thought they were in for a hammering, Corbyn to appeared to be someone you just couldnt vote for

then the campaigns moved on a few weeks and he stood out like a knight in shining armour, he really did rise above the others and become a leader

for me it was a amazing transformation
    In a world where principles are at a premium, someone who has principles (whether you agree with them or not) and fights for what he believes in (whether you agree with him or not) I'm glad he has come out with the credit he deserves.

I think the fact he had such a high level of support may encourage others to vote for him next time. Murdoch's press are going to struggle, and quickly become even more of a laughing stock if they persist with their Corbyn agenda.

Runner up is First Loser, there's only one winner, sport can teach politics a thing or two

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Runner up is First Loser, there's only one winner, sport can teach politics a thing or two
    How about doping? Are you a fan of doping?

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Unfortunately the Welsh voters are very dull and easily brainwashed.
    Don't despair. Plaid increased its Parliamentary presence by 33%. That's a far higher percentage than any other party achieved.