+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whitts.....Why ??

Whitts.....Why ??

A player coming to the end of his career, living in an area he loves in a city he loves, married to a Cardiff girl. At a guess I would say he would never need to work for a living and probably was offered something to stay at Cardiff ?

Swapping Cardiff for Blackburn ?

Re: Whitts.....Why ??

At a guess part money part playing more often.

Because with signing on fee and wages he might be able to get a million quid for 2 years work.

Footballers careers are short youve got to make hay will the sun shines.

Banned

Thought the club might have offered him some sort of player/coach role, That's the trouble when you keep changing managers they don't give a flying frig about loyalty.

I think it's more to do with the fact that he hates Warnock, as the manager hasn't been very nice to him and told to piss off (despite it what it says in the press). He gets a 2 year deal too. Warnock has his favourites and sadly hasn't treated Whitts very well since he's been here. Such a shame really.

He was offered a contract , probably the value of which we would die for .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He was offered a contract , probably the value of which we would die for .
    Oh dear

Fortunately for Whitts he has a talent where he doesn't have to die to earn a decent wage. Not that your analogy makes any sense. I'd rather earn 600 quid a week than 10k but then die once I sign the contract?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think it's more to do with the fact that he hates Warnock, as the manager hasn't been very nice to him and told to piss off (despite it what it says in the press). He gets a 2 year deal too. Warnock has his favourites and sadly hasn't treated Whitts very well since he's been here. Such a shame really.
    Correct

Every interview "I've offered him a contract but he won't play much"

In other words, as you say, "Piss Off, Whitts"

Whitts in 10 years and some important goals has never shown much emotion, never seen him get upset with an official or a team mate, but after getting subbed against Newcastle it was clear he seriously dislikes Warnock.

This is a strange one,I also thought that City would offer him a coaching role after the playing contract that they offered him.Maybe they did?

Lots of people seem to know Warnock's opinion on Whitts in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    This is a strange one,I also thought that City would offer him a coaching role after the playing contract that they offered him.Maybe they did?

May be he doesn't want to be a coach

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    May be he doesn't want to be a coach
    Exactly. He wants to get as long a contract on as much money as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    We have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    You would have to say this is right

BUT

i have it on good authority, Whitts doesnt like red seats , so maybe when we change them, the 8000 stay-away fans will return AND Whitts might look at coming back, i must say, it is looking like we must change them soon, its costing us fans and players now

They say the Tower of London will fall if Whitts ever leaves the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Correct

Every interview "I've offered him a contract but he won't play much"

In other words, as you say, "Piss Off, Whitts"

Whitts in 10 years and some important goals has never shown much emotion, never seen him get upset with an official or a team mate, but after getting subbed against Newcastle it was clear he seriously dislikes Warnock.
    Yep. Usually when players are subbed they give the manager a hug, some flowers and a poem they wrote about their friendship. But Whitts didn't. That said it all to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Yep. Usually when players are subbed they give the manager a hug, some flowers and a poem they wrote about their friendship. But Whitts didn't. That said it all to me.
    Yep, one or two cases of adding two and two to make five in this thread it seems to me.

Also, what on earth has Whitts done in the past ten and a half years to indicate that he was interested in becoming a coach or manager? I'm struggling to think of a player whose public persona gave the impression of someone less likely to stay in the game after he stopped playing than Whitts' does.

Banned

I would imagine Danny Gabbidon knows Whitts better than posters who think they know it all.
    He said

"I still think he's got a big part to play at the club so I'd be trying whatever I could, if I was the manager or the owner, to keep him at the club in some capacity.

"Whether that means a coaching role on top of that if he wants to go into that when he finishes playing. It's that kind of contract I'd be offering him."

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I would imagine Danny Gabbidon knows Whitts better than posters who think they know it all.
    He said

"I still think he's got a big part to play at the club so I'd be trying whatever I could, if I was the manager or the owner, to keep him at the club in some capacity.

"Whether that means a coaching role on top of that if he wants to go into that when he finishes playing. It's that kind of contract I'd be offering him."
    Okay, I promised myself I'd ignore you, but I'll bite this once. Gabbidon barely ever played in the same City team as Whitts and was only at the club at the same times as him for a few months - anyway, rather than saying he would never go into a coaching job, I asked what has Whitts done or said in the past ten years to indicate that he would want to do that? If there was anything, I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yep, one or two cases of adding two and two to make five in this thread it seems to me.

Also, what on earth has Whitts done in the past ten and a half years to indicate that he was interested in becoming a coach or manager? I'm struggling to think of a player whose public persona gave the impression of someone less likely to stay in the game after he stopped playing than Whitts' does.
    Yes because you've never added two and two together to make your own conclusion have you Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post

Perhaps Whittingham doesn't want to be a coach?

Yes because you've never added two and two together to make your own conclusion have you Bob?
    Why not address his points?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Why not address his points?
    He hasn't made any points on my believe Whitts does not like Warnock just that I've added 2 and 2 together to get 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    He said

Well it worked well for Danny, give it a go I say.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    You would have to say this is right

BUT

i have it on good authority, Whitts doesnt like red seats , so maybe when we change them, the 8000 stay-away fans will return AND Whitts might look at coming back, i must say, it is looking like we must change them soon, its costing us fans and players now
    Are you a Tannis impersonator?

Yes I have done and often it ended up making five - I've been accused of being a know all in this thread, but one thing I'd like to think I do is admit when I was wrong. In this instance, I just think you're jumping to conclusions on little or no evidence, but even if you're right, Whitts is hardly what I'd call a typical Warnock player and so there always had to be a chance that there would be a parting of the ways this summer.

For me, Whitts has always been a player who you needed to build a team around and ask others to help with the things he's never been great at. In his early days with us, he was very talented, but inconsistent and then we had five years or so when he was excellent and, arguably the best player in the Championship over that time. For the last two or three years though, the decision about whether to accommodate him by asking others to "look after" him has become a harder one, because he does not give as much to the team as he used to in his pomp.

Therefore, I think whoever was manager now would have had a big decision to make on Whitts this summer - he's one of my all time favourite City players, but I can understand the club's decision to offer him a reduced wage on a one year contract based on his age and how he performed last season.