Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
Whilst I agree with large parts of your post that's not the topic of the thread.

Someone has suggested one of the reasons why he's leaving is he doesn't get on with Warnock and I agree with this view.

Even Stevie Wonder can see he's not a Warnock player, or in his plans, so there was no point in offering him whatever token contract they offered him.

He should have been thanked for his service and allowed a proper goodbye.
Lawnmower said in another thread that he didn't want to see a John Terry type goodbye arranged for Whitts and I completely agree with that. We've just had a testimonial for Kevin McNaughton who, from memory, was with us for nine and a half years - I was all for that, but, if I'm right about how long he was with us, then it's just short of the amount of time traditionally required to be granted a testimonial.

By contrast, Whitts has ten and a half years service put in for City and, surely, the way to recognise someone who, unlike so many given the title, does deserve to be called a Cardiff City legend is to arrange a testimonial for him at some time - I would be disappointed if that didn't happen.