+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Tory leader

Next Tory leader

Ruth Davidson?
    May is finished, abysmal campaign and characterless, insipid, aloof robotic leadership (if you can call it leadership)

Re: Next Tory leader

BoJo.

NQAT.

As long as it's not Boris twathead

Now that would be an Inspired choice, she is a gay, ex kick-boxing army reservist, has a personality, smiles and looks natural in front of camera, was a passionate remainer, did the impossible for the Tories in Scotland.

Lets see how brave they are , imagine her debating with the DUP or even kicking em.

Johnson, Davis and Davidson are the front three in the betting market. Johnson's a ****, Davidson's a raving lesbo who'll spend all her time lingering near the Commons' ladies bog, and Davis... well I liked him when he was playing the role of the Tories chief critic of the mushrooming state surveillance matrix during the Blair/Brown years, yet he's proved to be another **** ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Now that would be an Inspired choice, she is a gay, ex kick-boxing army reservist, has a personality, smiles and looks natural in front of camera, was a passionate remainer, did the impossible for the Tories in Scotland.

Lets see how brave they are , imagine her debating with the DUP or even kicking em.
    Only problem is, she has no seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Only problem is, she has no seat.
    There must be some Conservative with a safe seat who fancies a move to the House of Lords!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    There must be some Conservative with a safe seat who fancies a move to the House of Lords!!
    Think they'll have to find a safe seat for Amber Rudd as well if she stands for the leadership.

It will be interesting to see May's approval ratings post election.

Will any new Tory leader be brave enough to call another election to secure a mandate? September would be a good time, as it coincides with the German elections.

As for a new leader, May was already the best choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Will any new Tory leader be brave enough to call another election to secure a mandate? September would be a good time, as it coincides with the German elections.

I think after the Brexit Tory blood let there was very little choice,time time be brave already the controlling element of the party the 1922 group have openly had a bite at May , she will not be forgiven for this ,managed better they would have had power.

My type of politician

B****cks. Folk might remember I fought a leadership election on the other side of that particular argument....

https://twitter.com/RuthDavidsonMSP/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I think after the Brexit Tory blood let there was very little choice,time time be brave already the controlling element of the party the 1922 group have openly had a bite at May , she will not be forgiven for this ,managed better they would have had power.
    I don't think Osborne became a newspaper editor by accident either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

The problem with ditching May to call another early General Election is that two-thirds of MPs must vote in favour due to that 5-year Fixed Term Act. If Labour didn't approve then that strategy would fail. Though, it's difficult to conceive Labour voting down an opportunity to remove the Tories from office.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The problem with ditching May to call another early General Election is that two-thirds of MPs must vote in favour due to that 5-year Fixed Term Act. If Labour didn't approve then that strategy would fail. Though, it's difficult to conceive Labour voting down an opportunity to remove the Tories from office.
    Labour would be all over it. The Tories are backed into a corner, hence the ridiculous DUP move.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Labour would be all over it. The Tories are backed into a corner, hence the ridiculous DUP move.
    I thought Labour (and all of the other parties I believe) were stupid for agreeing to what seemed to me to be an opportunity to give the Tories a tenfold, or more, increase in their majority. I'm sure that they would love an opportunity to turf the Government out in the coming months if it came along, but there's no way I can see the Tories calling another snap election, so the only way I can see an election coming about in the short term is if May and co lost a vote of no confidence - thing is though, with Brexit negotiations due to start in a week or so, I think it would be very risky for any opposition party to call a vote of no confidence and risk being accused of being the ones responsible for yet another election and interrupting the Brexit process.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think they'll have to find a safe seat for Amber Rudd as well if she stands for the leadership.
    True.

My type of politician

B****cks. Folk might remember I fought a leadership election on the other side of that particular argument....

https://twitter.com/RuthDavidsonMSP/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    She has been impressive so far.

If I was the tory high command, I would engineer a safe by election (if there is such a thing!), get her elected then bypass their usual procedure and just make her leader.

I think it is that urgent and they would have difficulty finding anyone else as good.

She comes across as a proper human being, which is unusual for a top echelon politician nowadays.

A nice little clip of her meeting the DUP.

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/sta...30187270549504

It's hard to see beyond Amber Rudd or Ruth Davidson. Boris Johnson may be popular but if the Tories have learnt about not taking the voters for granted and utilising more modern techniques then Boris is a voice from the past.

Always interesting to look at potential leaders voting records (and I find TheyWorkForYou and easy website to use) when this question comes up:

Amber Rudd voted against making it illegal to discriminate on the basis of caste
    Amber Rudd voted against an investigation into the contrast between public statements and private actions in the run up to the Iraq war.
    Amber Rudd voted against seeking to protect the residence rights of citizens of the European Union and their family members who were lawfully resident in the United Kingdom on 23 June 2016.
    Amber Rudd voted to cap any increase in specified benefits payments and tax credits at 1% rather than allow them to increase by 2.2% in line with prices
    Amber Rudd voted in favour of cutting the income tax rate applied to those earning over £150,000 a year.
    Amber Rudd was absent for a vote on Electoral Reform (Proportional Representation and Reduction of Voting Age)
    Amber Rudd generally voted against measures to prevent climate change

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Ruth Davidson is not an MP I think so is excluded.
    she will be

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Amber Rudd voted against making it illegal to discriminate on the basis of caste
    Amber Rudd voted against an investigation into the contrast between public statements and private actions in the run up to the Iraq war.
    Amber Rudd voted against seeking to protect the residence rights of citizens of the European Union and their family members who were lawfully resident in the United Kingdom on 23 June 2016.
    Amber Rudd voted to cap any increase in specified benefits payments and tax credits at 1% rather than allow them to increase by 2.2% in line with prices
    Amber Rudd voted in favour of cutting the income tax rate applied to those earning over £150,000 a year.
    Amber Rudd was absent for a vote on Electoral Reform (Proportional Representation and Reduction of Voting Age)
    Amber Rudd generally voted against measures to prevent climate change

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    As long as it's not Boris twathead
    Looks more like a dick head to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Theresa May?