+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: These Van attacks

These Van attacks

The emergency services were unbelievely responsive at the London attacks. 8 minutes to locate and put down these terrorists is as fast as reasonably practical.

For arguments sake they didn't look to target a city like London, and decided to do a quiet, but busy town such as Caerphilly, Cowbridge or Cwmbran.

How long would it take reasonably for the same to happen here, the police to be able to protect us? They could easily kill the same or more people in a place where security isn't on high alert.

Re: These Van attacks

I was listening to a radio 2 conversation with a police commissioner last week, and they were saying how they noticed victims behaviour changing for the first time during London Bridge. Instead of total chaos and confusion, the unfortunate regularity of these attacks mean people are now reading the situations better, leading to more heroic efforts from individuals which will make attacks in the future much more difficult.

Blue in the Face

WJ, I can see that the events have stirred you and that care a great deal. I'd also say that this is exactly the reaction that whoever is behind these attacks would want.

So is this the kind of energy and thought process you want to put yourself through? Or even the rest of us on CCMB? (This belongs on the politics forum too surely??)

The best way to react to terrorism is to not give whomever is behind the result they are looking for.

Absolutely no disrespect or bad will intended with my post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    WJ, I can see that the events have stirred you and that care a great deal. I'd also say that this is exactly the reaction that whoever is behind these attacks would want.

So is this the kind of energy and thought process you want to put yourself through? Or even the rest of us on CCMB? (This belongs on the politics forum too surely??)

The best way to react to terrorism is to not give whomever is behind the result they are looking for.

Absolutely no disrespect or bad will intended with my post here.
    BBC and SKY news no more on our TV, fed up of the constant negativity about life and the world. Lazy media only on the look out for bad news. Try the site 'Good News Network' - very uplifting

nobody would notice if it happend in cwmbraan. thats a normal day in that midden.

The Millwall fan who attacked the terrorist chanting "**** off I'm Milwall" should be knighted in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The emergency services were unbelievely responsive at the London attacks. 8 minutes to locate and put down these terrorists is as fast as reasonably practical.

For arguments sake they didn't look to target a city like London, and decided to do a quiet, but busy town such as Caerphilly, Cowbridge or Cwmbran.

How long would it take reasonably for the same to happen here, the police to be able to protect us? They could easily kill the same or more people in a place where security isn't on high alert.
    This is the exact point i have been making for a while

8 mins in london, great stuff
    30 mins in Wiltshire / Devon or Somerset

I dont know how many AR officers SW police have, i do know the amount that the tri force ( A&S, Glos, Wilts ) has

It is ok though, Croesy Blue has assured me it will all be ok and the police have plans in place I didnt sleep any better in that knowledge though

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    The Millwall fan who attacked the terrorist chanting "**** off I'm Milwall" should be knighted in my opinion.
    Too true.

The terrorist was wearing an Arsenal shirt ffs.
    No wonder the Millwall fan stood his ground.

The murdering buggers tried to hire a bigger lorry, but couldn't pay for it.

The van had petrol bombs in the back - God knows the carnage that would have happened if they got them out.

And the knives were taped to their wrists, presumably to make it harder to disarm them
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40232140.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    nobody would notice if it happend in cwmbraan. thats a normal day in that midden.
    Says the man from Scotland. 1-0 England

Lot of Football Boys are attending MARCH AGAINST TERRORISM on Saturday June 24th Elephant & Castle to London Bridge..

He should certainly get some sort of bravery award.
    Lets be honest it took some bollocks to do what he done.

Thinking this sort of behaviour will occur more often as people become wise to it. Shame the
    Guy was on his own, imagine there was a crew from some club still in a pub to see the Wankers off straight away.
    The thing that bothers me now is we know these cowards are among us, we've seen them with automatic weapons as close as Paris,
    It won't be long before they smuggle them in to our shores. What then??? Carnage

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Lot of Football Boys are attending MARCH AGAINST TERRORISM on Saturday June 24th Elephant & Castle to London Bridge..
    that should put a stop to it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This is the exact point i have been making for a while

8 mins in london, great stuff
    30 mins in Wiltshire / Devon or Somerset

I dont know how many AR officers SW police have, i do know the amount that the tri force ( A&S, Glos, Wilts ) has

It is ok though, Croesy Blue has assured me it will all be ok and the police have plans in place I didnt sleep any better in that knowledge though
    Wiltshire/Devon/Somerset/Caerphilly aren't targets for them though.

Westminster Bridge got worldwide coverage...because it's a famous site & in the very heart of London.

The Manchester attack was at an Ariana Grande (famous worldwide) concert, in a major UK city.

The London attack last week was again in the heart of the English capital city, and became worldwide news.

"Islamic extremist stabs dozens of old ladies in Tiverton" won't get nearly as much media exposure across the world as London does.

There's not much anyone can do to stop people who are prepared to trade their lives or go to prison for donkey's years in pursuit of killing or trying to kill others.

Murders in England and Wales have averaged around 750 per year since the year 2000. Those numbers dwarf what terrorists have been responsible for, but there's no solution to that problem either.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

It's a good point, and the answer is probably considerably longer. But with finite resources you have to assess where the most "high value" targets are?
    It is nigh on impossible to safeguard all small towns to the extent that say London is covered. The alternative is to have a massive increase in armed response teams basically sitting around waiting to respond to an incident that will probably never happen.

Football lads getting together to condemn terrorists? Isn't that what the EDL having been doing for years?